Official Countdown Till Jets Fire Maccagnan and Bowles

playtowinthegame

7 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

It is looking more and more like Mac will be retained and probably pick the next head coach, so we will have to accept it regardless of what expectations there are. If that ends up being the case then we have to hope Mac improves at his job and see if the new path he must take i.e building the team properly around Darnold, works out and our Jets make progress. We have no other choice.

Is that your gut telling you that after we beat the Bills, or do you have a link to an article that says ownership is going to retain Mac and allow him to continue to shape this franchise?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2018 at 6:25 AM, playtowinthegame said:

Only 25 days and 4 games of misery left. Can't wait to start over fresh in 2019. New GM, new head coach, top 3 pick, 2nd most cap space in NFL, and new uniforms.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals. 

I am asking Santa for this, butI suspect Jets fans get coal and Bowles is retained.

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

When I saw it on TV I said holy shyt thats Flagman11 from the Jets board!!!!!!!!

LOL, the film crews do come by before a lot of games to film and got the right guy for this one. I plan on flying it again on Sunday.     

I don't think they'll fire Macc. But if we do I'd hire Reggie McKenzie who imo is a better GM than Macc. He got a bad deal in Oakland with an erratic org and dealing with John Grudin who basically wants to tear everything down to rebuild.  Which so far has gotten them a lot of Ls.  He went into a good situation and made it worse. They had decent talent via Reggie.

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't think they'll fire Macc. But if we do I'd hire Reggie McKenzie who imo is a better GM than Macc. He got a bad deal in Oakland with an erratic org and dealing with John Grudin who basically wants to tear everything down to rebuild.  Which so far has gotten them a lot of Ls.  He went into a good situation and made it worse. They had decent talent via Reggie.

The Johnsons should go back into their tool box and offer Mac a demotion to the next job down with another extension and then give him a new boss-either McKenzie, Newsome or Shanahan (Mac does more work).  Something like that. 

The reality is that if the Jets fire Mac, NOBODY is hiring him as GM, which makes the notion of keeping him more absurd.  

Based on his draft picks, which he has been blaming on the coaches, he ain't even getting a job as a Director of Pro Personnel or Scouting.  He needs to rehabilitate himself.  The Johnsons should give him that chance while getting a new GM and saving some money.  

On 12/5/2018 at 7:05 PM, TeddEY said:

When?

Detroit, Denver.. Indy from a Darnold perspective

I dont know how likely it is that we have a bottom 5 roster and the worst coach in football yet still be 4-7 with our starting QB with 2 blowout wins.

Seems like one or both of those things isnt entirely true 

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

I'm not sure what to believe now, but until I'm told Mike Maccagan and/or Todd Bowles is coming back, I will be hopeful for the fresh start narrative.

Yeah I'm totally in wait and see mode 

It's just 36 years of pain speaking 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:05 AM, Rangers9 said:

Check Reggie's draft record.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:05 AM, Rangers9 said:

I don’t know, that Oakland team is pretty old. I think Gruden is gonna right that ship fast. I feel like he’s pulling a parcells and getting the guys he wants in. 5 first round picks in next two year. If he hit on 3 of the 5, he’s in business. If he gets a great edge rusher, he saved the raiders 80 million on Mack, which raiders couldn’t afford to pay anyway. 

On 12/5/2018 at 10:10 AM, ASH1962 said:

The HC is a spoob no doubt, but to be fair, he does have the worst roster maybe in NFL history under him assembled by the GM who is also a major spoob. Both must be replaced. There is no other way, otherwise we are the hamster running in the metal circle forever getting nowhere,

Don’t compare a hamster to Mac. There’s reason to the hamster’s madness. He is having fun and getting exercise. Mac is going round and round in a viscous cycle, strung out on caffeine, scratching his head and muttering to himself how did it all go wrong. 

Archived