XFL Announces Teams

Warfish

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809366-xfl-announces-new-york-los-angeles-more-as-inaugural-cities-for-2020-launch?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Of note:

Here is a rundown of the venues where the eight teams will play their games in 2020:

• New York/New Jersey: MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey

Looks like we now share the Stadium with two teams.

I wonder if Hackenberg could sign with the NY/NJ XFL team, lol.

The AAF (I think that's what it's called) strategy of having teams near college/HS football hubs and having former players of local college teams on them is 10x smarter than this. The Birmingham franchise, for instance, will have former Alabama/Auburn players, etc. which will greatly help attendance.

Nobody in NY cares about minor league sports, we have more major league teams than any other market. They'll be totally lost here.

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I imagine I'd spend top dollar to sit in an un-domed stadium in the Northeast in February to watch minor league football.

190 people sitting in a stadium built for 85,000.  They are going to find people frozen to death after the spring thaw. Yet, Green parking passes for everyone!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

You never know their Oline made up of fat waiters, and slimming club members maybe better than ours. 

Plus I think Hack is signed up, so we may finally see if he can hit the ocean.

No different league.  Hack was signed by the Memphis Express of the American Alliance of Football.  Playing in Memphis, I doubt he can hit the ocean -- the Mississippi River maybe, if he can improve his accuracy, but still not the ocean.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

No different league.  Hack was signed by the Memphis Express of the American Alliance of Football.  Playing in Memphis, I doubt he can hit the ocean -- the Mississippi River maybe, if he can improve his accuracy, but still not the ocean.

Wait! There are two new leagues?

27 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I imagine I'd spend top dollar to sit in an un-domed stadium in the Northeast in February to watch minor league football.

I was at the original Hitmen home opener with my dad and I don't remember much aside from how much it absolutely sucked being out there in winter. I have no idea why they think this is going to work again.

That new AAF league has the right idea. Small market cities that don't already have NFL teams, but still have a good football culture. And most importantly no cities that have sub zero temps in Feb.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809366-xfl-announces-new-york-los-angeles-more-as-inaugural-cities-for-2020-launch?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Of note:

Here is a rundown of the venues where the eight teams will play their games in 2020:

How much are they charging for PSLs?

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was at the original Hitmen home opener with my dad and I don't remember much aside from how much it absolutely sucked being out there in winter. I have no idea why they think this is going to work again.

That new AAF league has the right idea. Small market cities that don't already have NFL teams, but still have a good football culture. And most importantly no cities that have sub zero temps in Feb.

I really see absolutely no path to success for this.

58 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It might make the league more watchable (to see the players deal with the bad weather) for those watching on TV at home.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah, the weather is going to be  problem for sure.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Of note:

Screw Hack get Davis Webb as the starting QB for that team.

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Just not a fan of Feb games in NYC area. I'll watch on TV for sure. The Alliance teams are warm weather also in Feb.  

Did you watch the USFL back in the day?  I think they had a shot at finding a niche but I think they had ulterior motives (joining with the NFL), which killed it.

I did go to some Generals games. For me not easy to get to Met Life. Ideally for me a team at CitiField in the spring to summer. That's what I want not what Vince McMahon wants. But I'll watch all of these leagues on TV. My brother lives in Daytona and we've discussed going to an Orlando Apollos game this spring. 

NFL significantly more wussified than last time XFL tried it. Might have better luck his time. But NFL can never be defeated, fantasy Football has turned it into an indelible part of culture beyond just a few hours on sundays.

Archived