Mel and Todd

Joe W. Namath

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Both have their top 5 players all on the defensive side of the ball.  Nightmare scenario for the jets.

Best case scenario is to find a team a few slots back who wants to come up for a qb.  We then take the best offensive player on the board and have a few extra picks.

I don't watch college football.  Does Bosa project as another Ohio State dud?  Haven't we had enough of those?  Gholston, Devin Smith, Darron Flea, etc?

A lot of the Edge guys will jump into the conversation after the combine. Ferrell, Sweat, Josh Allen will show out and push into top 10 range. But we’re gonna take a DT if we stay in the top 5, the value is too great with Lawrence, Oliver and Simmons as  legitimate top 5 prospects in any draft.

Unless we sign Lawrence or Smith and Graham or Fowler in FA, our draft position is a “disaster.” 

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Both have their top 5 players all on the defensive side of the ball.  Nightmare scenario for the jets.

Best case scenario is to find a team a few slots back who wants to come up for a qb.  We then take the best offensive player on the board and have a few extra picks.

Who were they?

bosa, Williams, Ferrell, Oliver, Allen?

greedy?

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A lot of the Edge guys will jump into the conversation after the combine. Ferrell, Sweat, Josh Allen will show out and push into top 10 range. But we’re gonna take a DT if we stay in the top 5, the value is too great with Lawrence, Oliver and Simmons as  legitimate top 5 prospects in any draft.

Unless we sign Lawrence or Smith and Graham or Fowler in FA, our draft position is a “disaster.” 

Leonard Williams was considered a top 5 prospect once. So was DeWayne Robertson.

12 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

I don't watch college football.  Does Bosa project as another Ohio State dud?  Haven't we had enough of those?  Gholston, Devin Smith, Darron Flea, etc?

Nick Mangold sure stunk as does Michael Thomas currently 

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

83B4EF84-10A9-41F9-8383-7BEA9B8CCAD1.thumb.jpeg.25b723d329bad8125c03ccfe73e4bef7.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why is it a nightmare scenario?  Our biggest need is actually edge rusher we haven’t had one in 13 years

If Bosa is there, you take him, period. Great edge guys are not going to get to free agency any more. Khalil Mack forced his way out of Oakland, but he never hit free agency. This is a no brainer. . 

If he isn't, need to do some serious due diligence regarding trading down. 

I actually don't think it's a nightmare.  I think it actually could be favorable for the Jets.

If their is an Edge you love, take him.  If their isn't, they would have a valuable trade chip where they could trade back an not have to reach on OL or WR, but potentially fill both.

4 games left in the season; we have no idea where exactly we are going to finish; no idea who will be in front of us, what QB needed teams will be behind us. Most importantly, with 5 months until the draft, nobody (particularly MEL) knows what the order will be. Too early to know much of anything.

Although it is more fun to speculate than watch the Jets lately so....

Eh too early.  

Things always change, and QBs will rise.  The top of the draft is defensive line heavy, but I don't think that's bad thing because pass rushers and passers are always in demand.  

The team I'm looking for is the Jaguars.  They benched Bortles, and they can't sign a big name QB because their cap is really tight.  I'm thinking they move up for a QB, and that's the trade down spot.  

I think the Jets just need to accept that they have terrible luck with drafting pass rushers and move the **** on. They drafted 8 billion DL and LB over the last decade and not only could they not get near the QB but most of them aren't even on the team anymore. It's time to move on. The Sopranos is done. Find a new show.

Trade back and load up on 2nd/3rd round. Take a couple OL. I hope we ignore the D and focus on protecting Darnold. Use FA to get Darnold weapons (RB and WR).

We really need Darnold to shine the next few weeks so FA's want to come play with the Jets/Darnold.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think the Jets just need to accept that they have terrible luck with drafting pass rushers and move the **** on. They drafted 8 billion DL and LB over the last decade and not only could they not get near the QB but most of them aren't even on the team anymore. It's time to move on. The Sopranos is done. Find a new show.

Uh no the jets have drafted one edge rusher in the first round since trading away Abraham.  Vernon Gholston in 2008

6 hours ago, win4ever said:

Eh too early.  

Things always change, and QBs will rise.  The top of the draft is defensive line heavy, but I don't think that's bad thing because pass rushers and passers are always in demand.  

The team I'm looking for is the Jaguars.  They benched Bortles, and they can't sign a big name QB because their cap is really tight.  I'm thinking they move up for a QB, and that's the trade down spot.  

I'm thinking that Washington will be the team that tries aggressively to move up and get a QB.  Miami also comes to mind but we will not trade with them.  

Archived