2019 Senior Bowl News and Invites.

sec101row23

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Saw this earlier today from Matt Miller -- sounds like interviews could be huge for him.

UGH. This is the second time I've heard about Edoga and his "issues". With the QB in place, plenty of cap space, we need this draft to be a good one, and finally start looking to contend for, if not make the playoffs. This kid hit the trifecta with respect, attitude and work ethic issues. Plus his own school is down on him? Nice. Does this sound like the type of guy you root for or win with? If solid character means anything to you, this is an easy one to walk away from.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RobR said:

Just to add I don't understand the whole Ereck Flowers comparison. Flowers had sh*tty feet and only got drafted because of his size.....I hated him coming out as I'm sure Paradis remembers.

what i remember even better, was saying i liked flowers, and you ripping me a new one for saying so haha

On 1/24/2019 at 4:22 PM, KRL said:

David Sills WR (W. Va) not impressed at all, ton of college production but has had trouble getting
off press and has poor balance.  A lot of stumbling around coming out of his breaks

I’m a closet West Virginia fan and I’ve watched Sills a bunch. He sucks. Lanky, with good hands, but they throw the ball at him a ton and he goes over guys to get it, which accounts for his stats, but never seems to translate. Whenever they press him, he folds up. The receivers I saw this year that I liked were Deebo and Riley Ridley. Is Ridley any good or was it just a small sample thing by me?

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m a closet West Virginia fan and I’ve watched Sills a bunch. He sucks. Lanky, with good hands, but they throw the ball at him a ton and he goes over guys to get it, which accounts for his stats, but never seems to translate. Whenever they press him, he folds up. The receivers I saw this year that I liked were Deebo and Riley Ridley. Is Ridley any good or was it just a small sample thing by me?

I'll know more about Ridley when he shows up at the Combine

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My bad. It’s @Lith that’s the UGA fan.

I like Ridley a lot.  Would be very happy if we took him with one of our 3s, and I don't think it is unrealistic to think he could be there.  He ran a limited route tree at UGA, most everything outside the numbers, and given our run first offense and the way we spread the ball around in the passing game, his numbers were not great.  But he has really good hands, catches contested balls in traffic, runs nice routes, gains separation and has shown ability to gain extra yardage after the catch.

I think he is a high floor type of pick who will have a 10+ year career as a very solid #2 in the League.  

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

I like Ridley a lot.  Would be very happy if we took him with one of our 3s, and I don't think it is unrealistic to think he could be there.  He ran a limited route tree at UGA, most everything outside the numbers, and given our run first offense and the way we spread the ball around in the passing game, his numbers were not great.  But he has really good hands, catches contested balls in traffic, runs nice routes to gain separation and has shown ability to gain extra yardage after the catch.

I think he is a high floor type of pick who will have a 10+ year career as a very solid #2 in the League.  

Good news. Thank you.

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

UGH. This is the second time I've heard about Edoga and his "issues". With the QB in place, plenty of cap space, we need this draft to be a good one, and finally start looking to contend for, if not make the playoffs. This kid hit the trifecta with respect, attitude and work ethic issues. Plus his own school is down on him? Nice. Does this sound like the type of guy you root for or win with? If solid character means anything to you, this is an easy one to walk away from.

Wouldn't our QB have a pretty good read on this guy?

Props to Andy Isabella for having a good game after a tough week in practice.
When he was in an offense that was schemed to get him in space he showed his
talents.  I could definitely see him being a Chrebet, Welker, Edelman type
of WR but he needs to get with a good OC

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Deebo is the real deal and could be a "poor man's" Tyreek Hill with the proper coaching and scheme in the NFL. I love a player who shows his best against top competition such as Deebo vs Clemson. 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I like Ridley a lot.  Would be very happy if we took him with one of our 3s, and I don't think it is unrealistic to think he could be there.    

Totally possible, but I got this feeling he may go a lot earlier than ppl think. Ridley, Hollywood Brown and to an extent, Deebo as well -- were some of the easiest, transparent prospects at the position to watch/gauge... no maybes, no "if he reaches his ceiling" talk... nope - they're bolt-on out of the box, ready to play now WRs IMO.

I think Ridley's future as a route running ball hog is way underappreciated by the draft media. Reggie Wayne 2.0 

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Totally possible, but I got this feeling he may go a lot earlier than ppl think. Ridley, Hollywood Brown and to an extent, Deebo as well -- were some of the easiest, transparent prospects at the position to watch/gauge... no maybes, no "if he reaches his ceiling" talk... nope - they're bolt-on out of the box, ready to play now WRs IMO.

I think Ridley's future as a route running ball hog is way underappreciated by the draft media. Reggie Wayne 2.0 

I thought ridley looked better than his brother last year in the CFB championship

On 1/27/2019 at 8:13 PM, cant wait said:

I thought ridley looked better than his brother last year in the CFB championship

Easily. Riley Ridley is a more natural route runner. I love the guy. I watched him all year. Some games we didn’t use him a ton though because the game plan tilted toward Swift and the run game. There were games where Fromm only three 12-15 passes. So the Georgia system will push Riley down and I think he’s a steal in the 3rd but the 2nd round isn’t out of the possibility. Teams WILL see his potential.

Archived