Lee Suspended

KRL

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like one of those Third World women with their virginity I'm ready to auction off my fandom to the highest bidder.  Who wants a dedicated, reasonably knowledgeable football fan willing to spend money on their team?  Chargers? Chiefs? Seahawks?  I'm all yours.  Bidding starts at $0.01.  I'm burning all my green sh!t tonight.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But look at that Saints percentage filled compared to the Jets. Saints max out their building. The Jets don't. Hell even the browns have a higher home percentage

Jets fans are pretty loyal to the Jets. I don't think that's arguable. We may bash our team at times but that's the New Yorker in us. You can't compare NY fans to fans in other regions. They have different people/culture. Comparing Jets fans to other Northeast fans is more appropriate. See Philly, Giants, etc. When the team is bad, our players will hear it. Damn philly fans booed the eagles on the first game back from winning the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Cut him. He’s garbage anyway. 

You’re right, but know what? I don’t think the Jets will even consider it. They have to see how depleted the offense is, and that they can’t waste picks and cap on more D players, especially 1st rounders like Lee and Leo. There are a whole bunch of guys we’ll end up resigning or keeping that we shouldn’t only because of the sorry state of the offense.

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Lee was playing very well early in the season, but seems like he's kind of disappeared lately. 2nd among linebackers in INTs and a decent amount of tackles. 

He's no Ray Lewis but I don't get why people say he sucks.

When you watch other linebackers that were picked in the first round throughout the NFL most fans can see Lees shortcomings. No pun intended.

Tackles 7-10 yards down the field don't count in my book. For a first round ILB in his third year I want to see him slashing through the line making tackles for loss, forcing fumbles, recovering fumbles, pressuring the QB on occasion.

I don't think a player like Lee would excel on any team. He's another bad first round pick under Maccs resume.

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

For a 4 game suspension it would have to be his 4th time.  Or perhaps something more interesting then weed

Lee is  a dumbass.  Yes, at least 3 times you have to test positive to get a 4 game suspension.  How stupid do you have to be?

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Lee was playing very well early in the season, but seems like he's kind of disappeared lately. 2nd among linebackers in INTs and a decent amount of tackles. 

He's no Ray Lewis but I don't get why people say he sucks.

He is one of the weakest LBs at the point of attack i have ever seen literally.  He can chase people down from behind.  He had his two good games getting nice ints so he is full credit for that.  But he still has poor instincts and is laughable if you run right at him.  He plays two hand touch half the time trying to make tackles.

5 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Mac has gotta go, drop a bomb on this ******* thing already.  

Seriously. If Woody Johnson can't see that Mac MUST go, then he is a fkc\ing idiot.  

Chris and Woody Johnson are the imbeciles we thought they were.  

PFF currently has him as the 20th ranked ILB.  Early in the season after three or four games he was like 2 or 3 if I remember, but has fallen of significantly since then.

He’s  still a liability in run defense when they run at him, and he’s inconsistent in pass defense but he’s still pretty good in sub packages because of his excellent range.

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Without reading a single comment before posting, how many times was it mentioned that this is the final nail is Macc's coffin? I say no fewer than 17 times. Let me read the comments and see if I'm correct.

The nail should have been last year.  The Johnsons think he’s doing a great job

9 hours ago, Hael said:

PFF currently has him as the 20th ranked ILB.  Early in the season after three or four games he was like 2 or 3 if I remember, but has fallen of significantly since then.

He’s  still a liability in run defense when they run at him, and he’s inconsistent in pass defense but he’s still pretty good in sub packages because of his excellent range.

How much of that ranking was fueled by the disproportionate stats week 1 when they knew what plays the offense was calling? 

Absent the 1 game when he knew the other team’s plays he’s quite possibly outside the top 40 again. That 1 game carried his stats for over a month. Maybe someone who pays for PFF could shed light on it.

Did I just read correctly that they have to decide on Lee’s fifth year option at the end of the season? And, if so, how can they decline Lee’s option, potentially let Leonard Williams walk (or—worse—pay him $15 mil) and still justify keeping Maccagnan while Bowles gets the axe?

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did I just read correctly that they have to decide on Lee’s fifth year option at the end of the season? And, if so, how can they decline Lee’s option, potentially let Leonard Williams walk (or—worse—pay him $15 mil) and still justify keeping Maccagnan while Bowles gets the axe?

It's truly ridiculous that Macc might stay on.  Both Macc and Bowles need to go.

18 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

If my reading of the OP is correct, the violation wasn't for performance enhancing drugs. It was for "substance abuse" violations, which probably means he smoked some weed.

With the way this season has gone, who can blame him?

I think and if you read the league rules it’s a little muddy but if they get popped for PED’s it’s unusually stated as being suspended for Performance Enhancing Drugs. When Ardarius Stewart got suspended earlier in the year it was for PED’s. If they get popped for substance abuse it could be weed, alcohol or prescription drugs that they are not approved for. Believe it or not many NFL players have a script for Adderall but it has to be approved by a medical professional and the NFL. So my guess is it was a recreational substance and not steroids. Either way, stupid move on his part. Now he will be tested more frequently and more randomly.

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is one of the weakest LBs at the point of attack i have ever seen literally.  He can chase people down from behind.  He had his two good games getting nice ints so he is full credit for that.  But he still has poor instincts and is laughable if you run right at him.  He plays two hand touch half the time trying to make tackles.

BB & McDaniel abused him with their adjustments in the run game in the 2nd half of our game vs the Pats. 

10 hours ago, Hael said:

This is why he shouldn't get a 5th year option. It is very clear to me that Lee is not a 3 down LB, any very good DC would use him as a cog in their defensive wheel but as a part time player. 5th year option is too much money. 

Archived