Need help for upcoming Rumor Mill re: Jets Writers

HawkeyeJet

So as my name would suggest, I am not a New Yorker.  As a result I am not very familiar with the various Jets writers out there.  I know most around here despise Mehta and Cimini(maybe less than Mehta).

My question is, are there any actual Jets writers/bloggers out there that will be worth following on Twitter for rumors over the next 6-8 weeks while everything unfolds?  

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

So as my name would suggest, I am not a New Yorker.  As a result I am not very familiar with the various Jets writers out there.  I know most around here despise Mehta and Cimini(maybe less than Mehta).

My question is, are there any actual Jets writers/bloggers out there that will be worth following on Twitter for rumors over the next 6-8 weeks while everything unfolds?  

Brian Costello isn’t bad.   He writes for the NY Post.  Doesn’t seem to have an agenda.  

54 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No. Follow Ian Rapoport. The Jets Tween Blogger Community will RT him and write “can confirm that...[whatever Rapoport said]” because they are lazy, juvenile dudebros without a shred of talent or ambition.

Caporoso has some pretty cringeworthy takes in-season. But his hatred for the jets coaching staff and direction of the franchise in general is admirable in my book. Usually, Orr/Costello will be my go-to's for team news, with Rapoport and Schefter for any real news. 

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

https://twitter.com/JetNation

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No. Follow Ian Rapoport. The Jets Tween Blogger Community will RT him and write “can confirm that...[whatever Rapoport said]” because they are lazy, juvenile dudebros without a shred of talent or ambition.

It is amazing how Rap can beat them to local mid level stories. Like he scoops them (Schefter too) on things I am pretty sure he knows aren't even a national story.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is amazing how Rap can beat them to local mid level stories. Like he scoops them (Schefter too) on things I am pretty sure he knows aren't even a national story.

A typical day on NFL Twitter during the first week of free agency:

@ConnorHughes: Wow check out this Twitch stream of me playing Fortnite for the past 26 hours straight

@BrianCostello: @ConnorHughes pretty sick bro

@RapSheet: #JETS have reached a deal with Free Agent X! Terms pending. Deal came together quickly after two parties met in Manhattan tonight.

<twenty minutes pass>

@ConnorHughes: Can confirm that the Jets have signed Free Agent X. First reported by Ian Rapoport and confirmed by this bulk email i just received from the Jets marketing department advertising a deal on PSLs mentioning the signing of Free Agent X just now.

@BrianCostello: RT:@ConnorHughes

@ConnorHughes: For more scoops like this, sign up for The Athletic. 40% off a year subscription.

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

Caporoso has some pretty cringeworthy takes in-season. But his hatred for the jets coaching staff and direction of the franchise in general is admirable in my book. 

Caporoso’s a blogger, not a beat guy, but this a dead-on assessment of what he has to offer.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Caporoso’s a blogger, not a beat guy, but this a dead-on assessment of what he has to offer.

Pretty funny for me, because I called out his undying praise of the 2015 defense and argued that they were extremely overrated, and he blocked me on Twitter for being "clueless".

14 hours ago, maury77 said:

Costello from the NY Post is probably the best one. Connor Hughes is really good too on Twitter. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A typical day on NFL Twitter during the first week of free agency:

@ConnorHughes: Wow check out this Twitch stream of me playing Fortnite for the past 26 hours straight

@BrianCostello: @ConnorHughes pretty sick bro

@RapSheet: #JETS have reached a deal with Free Agent X! Terms pending. Deal came together quickly after two parties met in Manhattan tonight.

<twenty minutes pass>

@ConnorHughes: Can confirm that the Jets have signed Free Agent X. First reported by Ian Rapoport and confirmed by this bulk email i just received from the Jets marketing department advertising a deal on PSLs mentioning the signing of Free Agent X just now.

@BrianCostello: RT:@ConnorHughes

@ConnorHughes: For more scoops like this, sign up for The Athletic. 40% off a year subscription.

Bro I copied Maury to make fun of Hughes for majority just pumping his paid sh*t on Twitter. But you did it so much better. So much better. 

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Go to "Lets Talk Jets Radio" on Twitter and follow, then sign up for their podcast which will be delivered to your phone every week, real good show every week (IMHO) on Tuesday nights, also Friday nights in season..they're up to 500,000 listeners. 

Same with this site...Glenn Naughton puts out a good podcast too just about every week..."Jet Nation Radio".

Archived