Todd Bowles on notion that there is tension between Jets GM Mike Maccagnan & him: “There’s never been any tension with me or anybody else in this building.”

Patriot Killa

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

RTFA. It's clearly an assumption by the writer. 

I don't think so. 

http://thejettake.libsyn.com/the-jet-take-100-state-of-the-new-york-jets-ft-manish-mehta

Gee whizz Mike was just trying to make people happy. It's not his fault. I know this isn't coming from the coaching staff.

I'm NOT waiting another 1 to 3 years for the Jets to fire that spineless red headed clown just because Woody is off playing politics. If not this franchise is nothing more than pathetic enablers. 

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Ownership. Chris and/or Woody. Woody is in London, with a video conference away from dictating anything he damn well pleases. I love how this whole London thing makes people think Woody is completely hands off now, likes it 1870 and we have no technology of video, internet, and handheld communication lol.

Yeah Chris does the day-to-day and will continue to do so...but if you think Woody has no say in big decisions, then you’re being naive. 

I'd be willing to bet Woody isn't making decisions on whether Darnold starts or not.  A part of his agreement to take the job was that he would have to give up control of the Jets.  Same reason Mac is staying this year.  Woody is not about to let CJ conduct a whole FO re-build with him in London.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Where do you think this is all coming from?

There is nothing  to this. Mehta wrote the story claiming there was a rift between Bowles and Macc, without a single thing verifying it. One of the posters here, who is obsessed with getting Macc fired, has been posting about the “dissension” ever since as if it was factual. Mehta just left it hanging out there until he needed a story, then asked Bowles about it to give the rumor legs. Bowles denied it completely. Of course, this won’t matter to a lot of people here, because nothing much does to them unless they get to say one or both have to go.

I was reading on ESPN via Reddit about how the Dolphins surprised the Pats one year with the wildcat.

Bowles makes an appearance to say...

(Paraphrasing when he saw wildcat in practice): Coaches came up with things and I reacted by saying "What is this??".

A play used in college to some success and this guy's reaction was "What is this??"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/28295/wildcat-strike-how-2008-dolphins-shocked-patriots-and-the-nfl%3fplatform=amp

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I feel Todd at this point is on his own and management including Macc are  just waiting for season to end so they can move forward without Todd and his entire coaching staff.  Todd did not do enough with what he had had to work.  Same issues year after year.  Todd let alot of people down.  

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I'd be willing to bet Woody isn't making decisions on whether Darnold starts or not.  A part of his agreement to take the job was that he would have to give up control of the Jets.  Same reason Mac is staying this year.  Woody is not about to let CJ conduct a whole FO re-build with him in London.

I am very pessimistic about what type of coach they are going to replace Bowles with.  I think he will be better than Bowles, right?   I am not seeing any of the top candidates coming here.  

that Manish a little attention whore and that we can never trust a single thing he writes.  He's a twerp in the most classical sense.
Not defending Manish but the original story did state their relationship was professional, basically what Bowles stated.

Also, no mention of Bowles acknowledging the heiarchy.

The second story seems to put forth that Mike was a pushover and made picks suggested by the coaches....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I predict that Bowles will refuse to start Sam to make a point which will force ownership’s hand to fire him after the Bills game. That’s if there is truly a rift between them as it does appear. 

I have a feeling he may do something similar. But I expect him to start and be put in unwinnable situations all day. Maybe even handing the ball off on every down.. Bowles wanted the 2 bad performances of Darnold to linger while McClown made the Jets competitive and it has backfired in the worst way possible. His stubborness that this is not on him will force him in his mind to make some statement.

Archived