Jump to content

OFFICIAL JETS VS BILLS GAME THREAD


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

I'm one of those fans who is not happy when we lose (to gain draft position).

If you watched that..and ended up being disappointed......you make it that much harder to be a Jets fan...IMO

 

Let's say that if the Jets win 1 more game that Bowles isn't fired.  In that scenario are you still rooting for us to win?  And don't think it's so impossible.  Look at how long Hue Jackson stayed on in Cleveland and he got a job w/ Cincy right away.  And he might be their next HC.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bowles should fire Bates at half time  Mac should fire bowels at half time  woody should fire Mac at half time 

What a great game. We have our QB!

Anything good for Darnold is better than landing us a better spot to get yet another DL. You absolutely coach for the wins this season.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

If you don't have the #1 pick this year and you don't need a QB then picks 2-10 provide the same value. Especially in a heavy defensive draft when you're looking for offense. 

Yes but by losing out they would have guaranteed a top 3 pick and a chance to draft a guy like Bosa. Now we have to root for other crap teams to win games. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BigO said:

Yea so who is it

Some jag from a DC book I believe but not in Magneto's league. Big props to Reed Richards but no way Magneto falls for that one. That F F. cartoon was okay but without the whole F.F. In it it wasn't the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ps- didnt wanna watch. did errands and such caught the hlaf sxcore and turned on redzone to find the Jets just turned it over on the KOR...

 

so i sed...  fuggit...  ima see what the hail these dweebs are up to...   they looked semi competent...  Sams alot better when Dlmen arent stepping on his toes aftre 2.25 seconds and occasionally guys are open

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

Now, five in six NFL coaches that win the toss choose to defer, according to ESPN’s data.

5 out of 6 coaches do not have dysfunctional teams as direct result of their choices. 5 out of 6 coaches  aren't getting fired at the end of the yr.5 out of 6 coaches do not suck as bad a bowles, that was a safe bet and it backfired 2x once at the beginning of the game when they walked down the field and scored and second when they recovered the ball on the turn over.

Take the ball in the first quarter, and get your struggling out on the field to try to build a rhythm and get a first down or two. Do something to shake something up for the team

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes but by losing out they would have guaranteed a top 3 pick and a chance to draft a guy like Bosa. Now we have to root for other crap teams to win games. 

we need offensive weapons drafting 3 or 5 may not be that big of a difference sign an edge rusher but get Sam help

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Some jag from a DC book I believe but not in Magneto's league. Big props to Reed Richards but no way Magneto falls for that one. That F F. cartoon was okay but without the whole F.F. In it it wasn't the same.

Lol 😂 yea really silly. The old 60’s F4 toons were great. I have a huge collection of many Marvel, DC toons from that early era. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

And yet even though I haven’t spoken to you since our thing, you insisted on tagging me today when you started this stupidity. Go eat your strawberries Queeg. 🤪

You’ve spoken about me and keep trying to stir things up. Only reason I tagged you. You are clearly hung up and clearly out of your mind. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well you are always inaccurate and accusing me of things so I figured that I’d explain to you what actually happened. 

36 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You’ve spoken about me and keep trying to stir things up. Only reason I tagged you. You are clearly hung up and clearly out of your mind. 

 

35 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

 

You  claim @Scott Dierking and I are hung up on you? Lol You can’t stop yourself from posting back. At first I was joking with the Captain Queeg remarks, but they are on the money. Read your posts to us tonight. Aside from being as incomprehensible as usual, they are now delusional. You’re the one out of your mind. Have another 🍓 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes but by losing out they would have guaranteed a top 3 pick and a chance to draft a guy like Bosa. Now we have to root for other crap teams to win games. 

Who cares? I'd rather see my young QB learn how to win then get another defensive lineman early in the 1st. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rammagen said:

5 out of 6 coaches do not have dysfunctional teams as direct result of their choices. 5 out of 6 coaches  aren't getting fired at the end of the yr.5 out of 6 coaches do not suck as bad a bowles, that was a safe bet and it backfired 2x once at the beginning of the game when they walked down the field and scored and second when they recovered the ball on the turn over.

Take the ball in the first quarter, and get your struggling out on the field to try to build a rhythm and get a first down or two. Do something to shake something up for the team

Stupid coaches. Call a few first downs not a fumble! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


They have an all-time great coach and QB and they cheat.

The Rams bottomed out and it worked. It’s working for the Browns too.

 

I get the Rams but I can't believe you said the Browns. They been at the top of the draft every year for a very long time. They should have won a Super Bowl by now with all those picks they had but whiffed on. The original Browns organization was good but this new Browns organization has never been good in their existence until now and that's pretty pathetic. That's the last team anyone should model. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Who cares? I'd rather see my young QB learn how to win then get another defensive lineman early in the 1st. 

I care. Darnold played well but I would have been happy of we lost. I would rather us get as high a draft slot as possible. I don't care about meaningless wins in December against another crappy team. That draft slot is important and it not only means drafting high in the first round but drafting high in every other round as well. How exactly does winning against the Bills in December help this team in the long term? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I care. Darnold played well but I would have been happy of we lost. I would rather us get as high a draft slot as possible. I don't care about meaningless wins in December against another crappy team. That draft slot is important and it not only means drafting high in the first round but drafting high in every other round as well. How exactly does winning against the Bills in December help this team in the long term? 

The most important part of the Jets future is Darnold. Increasing his confidence is way more important than picking 3 or 4 slots higher in the draft. Every decision that's made Darnold needs to be the sole focus of that decision for the organization going forward. That includes the new Coach, the new OC, free agents, draft picks etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Larz said:

Stupid coaches. Call a few first downs not a fumble! 

it is obvious you completely miss my point. when you offense is struggling and your team is on a loosing streak lets do what hasn't worked right? instead of getting the ball first and trying to get your offense in a rhythm. Stupid coaches yes not for the fumble but not trying things to win, let keep the status the same, and hope for a different outcome. What happened to being aggressive to try to put your player into a position to succeed rather then struggle.

I would go further and say fans not seeing the obvious should not try to argue a bad point and try to be a smart @ss 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, choon328 said:

The most important part of the Jets future is Darnold. Increasing his confidence is way more important than picking 3 or 4 slots higher in the draft. Every decision that's made Darnold needs to be the sole focus of that decision for the organization going forward. That includes the new Coach, the new OC, free agents, draft picks etc.

We will agree to disagree. Darnold will be fine win or lose in these last few games. What is important is him getting reps and experience. He played pretty well yesterday and if we had not scored that late TD and lost it would have had no affect on him moving forward.  This season has been a disaster and this team needs a new coaching staff and has a lot of holes to fill. Losing will ensure Bowles is fired and will give us a better chance to fill some holes via the draft. Imagine if we win a few more games and the idiots who own this team decide to give Bowles more time? How would you feel about that? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rammagen said:

it is obvious you completely miss my point. when you offense is struggling and your team is on a loosing streak lets do what hasn't worked right? instead of getting the ball first and trying to get your offense in a rhythm. Stupid coaches yes not for the fumble but not trying things to win, let keep the status the same, and hope for a different outcome. What happened to being aggressive to try to put your player into a position to succeed rather then struggle.

I would go further and say fans not seeing the obvious should not try to argue a bad point and try to be a smart @ss 

Oh stop it. You made a connection between a physical blunder by a player and a coaches decision that was made an hour and a half earlier and when confronted with the facts resorted to the old fan speak of just go get some first downs like all the coaches have to do if press a button 

5 out of 6 coaches defer because the nfl is a clock game and what matters is when you have the lead 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Larz said:

Oh stop it. You made a connection between a physical blunder by a player and a coaches decision that was made an hour and a half earlier and when confronted with the facts resorted to the old fan speak of just go get some first downs like all the coaches have to do if press a button 

5 out of 6 coaches defer because the nfl is a clock game and what matters is when you have the lead 

 

really we had a lead I dont recall that until the last 3 minutes when they opened up the passing game, my point was no matter what choice the coach made with his track record it would be incorrect but apparently you seem to have issues with that. I actually said he could not hit water if he jumped out of a boat in the middle of the ocean.  I also said to try something different because it was apparent during a 6 game loosing streak the choices he made were not working. So why defer when your offense is struggling, Why not try to get them in a rhythm.

But you just want to pick and choose what I wrote. His great choices lead the bills to score on the first drive and when he deferred everything that could go wrong did as with all his previous choices. Yes coaches can control the flow of a game what was the worse that could have happened if he took the ball in the first half they punt,we already know they drove down the field and scored They fumbled in the second half so we have that as well. So please stop. We disagree fine but stop trying to push your opinion down my throat when I disagree.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...