Tice question

NIGHT STALKER

Would you consider Mike Tice for the OC job? I'll tell what, I wouldn't mind it.

NFL | Tice eyeing television - if he does not land assistant coaching job

Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:16:20 -0800

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports former Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said he will look at a television analyst job, assuming he is not hired as an assistant coach by any NFL teams. "If I don't get an assistant coaching job I like, I have a good chance to do some work on NFL television," he said.

Would you consider Mike Tice for the OC job? I'll tell what, I wouldn't mind it.

NFL | Tice eyeing television - if he does not land assistant coaching job

Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:16:20 -0800

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports former Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said he will look at a television analyst job, assuming he is not hired as an assistant coach by any NFL teams. "If I don't get an assistant coaching job I like, I have a good chance to do some work on NFL television," he said.

TV might not be such a bad thing for him. I get the feeling that around the league, Mike Tice has alot of respect and GM's would like to hire him as a HC. The problem is Tice has a horrible image amongst the public and GM's are afraid they'll get skewered if they hire him. If Tice takes a TV job and can show the world he is an intelligent football guy, public opinion would change and GM's woul;d feel much more comfortable hiring him.

I don't think its such a good idea hiring someone who almost got your job to hire him as oc. especially tice. I woulda puked if he got the hc job. Is dinger still in the hunt for oc?

doubt it...he's most likely goin to denver...

The problem with Tice as OC is he might be gone after one year. That would mean he did good here but it would be nice to not have so much turnover.

I want coaching turnover because the Jets won the Super Bowl. Not because they went 9 and 7.

Archived