Sign in to follow this  
slimjasi

Congratulations Sam Darnold . . .

The raiders and 9ers are tanking. The Jets have no shot at a top pick. 

This was a key step in Darnold's development, a great throw under pressure in a cold windy environment 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

He needed a moment like this. The total experience, performing a two minute drill on the road in the cold, is invaluable. Happy about this one, hope he can keep this up and the picks down going forward.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Worth a peek. Kid showed his ability to bounce back from adversity again. Be nice when he can skip the diversity part and play lights out but this was a win he needed if he was going to get anything out of this season. His long throw to Robby was stiffy quality. 

I bet much of that adversity is the incompetence of this coaching staff. I'll def check it out before I call it a night. 

Good to see Darnold going out there and showing he has grit as well. I caught the end of the game right before he tried to dive in for the score. You can tell he's playing hurt. Looks like he's leaving it all out there on the field. 

Hopefully Bowles doesnt view this as reason to put the mentor back in next week. 

One thing I did notice, it looked like when Darnold was discussing the 4th down  play it looked like he and the rest of the Jets players/coaches was ignoring Bowles on the sideline. Did you catch that? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I bet much of that adversity is the incompetence of this coaching staff. I'll def check it out before I call it a night. 

Good to see Darnold going out there and showing he has grit as well. I caught the end of the game right before he tried to dive in for the score. You can tell he's playing hurt. Looks like he's leaving it all out there on the field. 

Hopefully Bowles doesnt view this as reason to put the mentor back in next week. 

One thing I did notice, it looked like when Darnold was discussing the 4th down  play it looked like he and the rest of the Jets players/coaches was ignoring Bowles on the sideline. Did you catch that? 

No. But I will find it. Haha

• Upvote 2

Didn’t see the game but in this case I’m fine with a victory. In the past, winning games made us miss out on finally landing that Franchise QB prospect and it was frustrating. Now that we have a prospect in Sam any positively will only help him and the team for the future. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It really wasn't meaningless. If it was McCown, you'd be correct.

But, it was Darnold. He was poised. He was clutch. He made a couple of big time throws to help bring his team back. He's still only 21. Not. Meaningless. 

You called it. We needed this more than the higher draft pick. Maybe we look back on this as a big moment for Darnold and our Jets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No. But I will find it. Haha

It sure looked like it. Bowles kept talking to Darnold but Darnold wouldn't even look at him. Darnold then walks over to a few other players and what looks like some coordinators, Bowles is still talking into Darnold's ear and it's as if Darnold doesnt even hear him. 

He, nor anyone around ever once acknowledged Bowles. It was weird.