Congratulations Sam Darnold . . .

slimjasi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scramble touchdown was unreal. Really showed grit there. 

Also, having just a little run game made a difference. I think Eli McGuire runs (posture wise) like Curtis Martin. We should keep featuring him the next few weeks.

39 minutes ago, Larz said:

The raiders and 9ers are tanking. The Jets have no shot at a top pick. 

This was a key step in Darnold's development, a great throw under pressure in a cold windy environment 

Actually the raiders are tied w/the steelers & the 9's are up 13 against Denver... if all the bottom dwellers win as well not to bad of a week.

3 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

The whining on this site because we won this game is embarrassing. Sams play is noteworthy and a net positive.

It's because some fans on this site(particularly this thread) want to be right over seeing the Jets have success. 

38 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly. We were never getting the top pick.  I mean I thought the goal was for us to see Darnold grow? I could understand wanting a higher pick last year but not now.  

This should all but Guarantee we pick a O player, Stud OL, WR to help darnold with this god awful offense.. Bosa at 1 or 2 would be the only exception. 

I am all for a better draft pick (and coaching staff) but Sam's development is the first priority.

A comeback win on the road against a division opponent with some clutch throws is something for the young QB to build from.  In frigid buffalo, where rookie QBs never win too!

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This should all but Guarantee we pick a O player, Stud OL, WR to help darnold with this god awful offense.. Bosa at 1 or 2 would be the only exception. 

Agreed. The oline is the biggest issue although we do need better weapons obviously.  

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

1 bad decision, otherwise a great game.  Very encouraging.  

Yup.  Given the incompetence of Bates and Bowles, I can live with it because Brady would throw 15 INTs in this scheme.

I've been around football since I was ~6-7.  Bates's offense is the least creative scheme I've ever seen with my own two eyes, and his feel for a game is beyond any level of awful we've seen in the past under Schotty, Sparano, MM, Gailey, etc.  It's nothing like the '08 Broncos offense that we all thought he played a huge part in.  I think, at this point, it's pretty safe to say that Shanahan was still running that show and Dennison/Bates were just along for the ride.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It really wasn't meaningless. If it was McCown, you'd be correct.

But, it was Darnold. He was poised. He was clutch. He made a couple of big time throws to help bring his team back. He's still only 21. Not. Meaningless. 

And the game stops the lunatics out here who keep calling the kid a bust after less than one Season. 

30 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

so is this devolving into a whats more meaningless convo? cleve wins or jets wins.?

wahst the effn deal with baker fanbotsd on here? more annoying than jock itch.

(oops another OK Qb wins a heisman)

Yeah, it's really odd. I mean, it's not like the Browns don't have their own boards . . . 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Even if we don’t get Bosa I’d be happy with Josh Allen or Jonah Williams at 5 or 6

I think @Larz said the other day that it’s best if we drop a little so we take the OT and he’s probably right. I honestly don’t care about our slot so much if Sam is ending the season ona high note and from what I read, today was a good day. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I think @Larz said the other day that it’s best if we drop a little so we take the OT and he’s probably right. I honestly don’t care about our slot so much if Sam is ending the season ona high note and from what I read, today was a good day. 

It's hard to say really so far to go, but the top prospects are overwhelmingly on the defense and I've seen mocks where the edge rushers go 1-2.

You never know of course, but it seems like a draft where you can stick and pick and get what you want. 

Generally speaking if you want the Alabama tackle or the brown kid I think you want to be around 5

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

so is this devolving into a whats more meaningless convo? cleve wins or jets wins.?

wahst the effn deal with baker fanbotsd on here? more annoying than jock itch.

(oops another OK Qb wins a heisman)

Murray is making the right choice to give up football and play baseball professionally (I say that as a completely unbiased Oakland A's fan).

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Sam playing well today gives him confidence and leaves jets fans feeling better about next year 

He silenced all the reactionary “typical jets another USC lol” people

1 minute ago, Larz said:

It's hard to say really so far to go, but the top prospects are overwhelmingly on the defense and I've seen mocks where the edge rushers go 1-2.

You never know of course, but it seems like a draft where you can stick and pick and get what you want. 

Generally speaking if you want the Alabama tackle or the brown kid I think you want to be around 5

I get the thought process completely. In a “perfect world”, and Jet drafting is FAR from it, we would get the higher pick and trade back a few spots.

That’s the only reason some people wanted the higher pick. Strictly for dealing it and not necessarily for the higher rated defensive prospects. We still want to target offense if possible just like you. Your way is and was more realistic, especially if Mac sticks. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I get the thought process completely. In a “perfect world”, and Jet drafting is FAR from it, we would get the higher pick and trade back a few spots.

That’s the only reason some people wanted the higher pick. Strictly for dealing it and not necessarily for the higher rated defensive prospects. We still want to target offense if possible just like you. Your way is and was more realistic, especially if Mac sticks. 

Sure trading down makes sense but there are a couple edge rushers, a couple QBs, a couple WR's, it seems like a draft where you can just let it come to you 

In any event, Sam getting his first game winning drive in freezing Temps on the road against a tough defense is more valuable than a spot or two 

Who knows maybe it will help land a coach? 

Just now, Larz said:

Sure trading down makes sense but there are a couple edge rushers, a couple QBs, a couple WR's, it seems like a draft where you can just let it come to you 

In any event, Sam getting his first game winning drive in freezing Temps on the road against a tough defense is more valuable than a spot or two 

Who knows maybe it will help land a coach? 

That is a great point and would be ideal. I’ll be honest, I’ve given up on getting a good coach because if Mac sticks, I expect the absolute worst of everything.

This is actually a great glass half full thought that may help us. Even with our organization looking at its best (we don’t right now at all) it would still be a tough task to land a coach with all the competition out there. 

Archived