playtowinthegame

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

49ers 6 Broncos 0

Raiders 7 Steelers 0

Cardinals 0 Lions 0

Hopefully they all win today to make up for our big win versus the big bad Buffalo Bills.

They were the #1 defense against the pass, so it does mean something for Sam. But please stop crying, its embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

They were the #1 defense against the pass, so it does mean something for Sam. But please stop crying, its embarrassing.

Go ahead and puff your chest out and enjoy this win, because it will likely be the last one. There's no more cream puffs in the last 3 games of our schedule. 

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Who cares!!! I hope Darnold has 4th Quarter game winning drives the next three games!!

I hope for that too, but let's be real that is not happening. This team is seriously flawed. They will lose all three to the Texans, Packers, and Patriots. So please excuse me for being interested in what the teams ahead of us in the 2019 NFL Draft do today. Bottom line if you don't care, then ignore it. Exercise that self control. You can do it. 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Who do you see the Jets beating in their next three games. Texans, Packers, or Patriots?

In order, I think our best chances are the Packers then Texans than Pats. 

By the way, people on here laughed when I said today's game was winnable.  This is the NFL.  "Any given Sunday".  (or in @The Crusher 's case, "Any Given Sundae").  :)

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Go ahead and puff your chest out and enjoy this win, because it will likely be the last one. There's no more cream puffs in the last 3 games of our schedule. 

All the more reason to enjoy it. Dude there's a time for everything and this is a time to be happy for Sam in his first game back. He led this rag tag team to a come from behind win on the road. When was the last time you saw that?

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

All the more reason to enjoy it. Dude there's a time for everything and this is a time to be happy for Sam in his first game back. He led this rag tag team to a come from behind win on the road. When was the last time you saw that?

Definitely happy for Darnold. Loved the touchdown pass he made running around like he was Fran Tarkenton.

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I hope for that too, but let's be real that is not happening. This team is seriously flawed. They will lose all three to the Texans, Packers, and Patriots. So please excuse me for being interested in what the teams ahead of us in the 2019 NFL Draft do today. Bottom line if you don't care, then ignore it. Exercise that self control. You can do it. 

You are taking my comment too seriously. It is more important that Darnold play well than draft position. Of course if we don’t win , we want the highest pick as possible. It’s just today I want to focus on the positive. I’m thrilled Darnold engineered a 4th Quarter drive for the win and I hope he wins the remaining games.

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I wanted the first pick, but I also want to see darnold get actual talent on O instead of adding to the stockpiled D with Bosa, now mac ,or what ever gm is forced to pick OL, WR to help out darnold 

If the season ended today, the Jets would be picking 5th overall (were picking 3rd overall before beating the Bills).

1 - 49ers

2 - Raiders

3 - Cardinals

4 - Falcons

5 - Jets

6 - Bills

7 - Jaguars

8 - Detroit

9 - Bucs

10 - Giants

Currently, the Jets hold the 5th, 71st, 94th, 102nd (from New Orleans), 133rd and 199th picks in the draft.

59 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

49ers 20 Broncos 0

Raiders 10 Steelers 14

Cardinals 0 Lions 3

Hopefully they all win today to make up for our big win versus the big bad Buffalo Bills.

Ridiculous post...……...this win means more for the Jets then having 4 compared to 7. Take a hike dude

59 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

49ers 20 Broncos 0

Raiders 10 Steelers 14

Cardinals 0 Lions 3

This is why investing in losing and draft picks is a no-win scenario for fans.

You're now mad your own team won.  Think on that a while.

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In order, I think our best chances are the Packers then Texans than Pats. 

By the way, people on laughed when I said today's game was winnable.  This is the NFL.  Any given Sunday.  (or in Crusher's case, "Any Given Sundae").  :)

I think our best chance of the three remaining is the Texans. Coming off a win feeling good about ourselves and the Texans looking past us like we are any easy win. It's played on Saturday which is a shorter week and it's an east coast game for the Texans. I give us a 20% chance to win.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

49ers 20 Broncos 0

Raiders 10 Steelers 14

Cardinals 0 Lions 3

Your member name doesn't fit you. 

This game was a big confidence boost for Darnold. The win may take us from 3 to 4 or 5. We weren't getting the first two picks. We have a better chance of winning another game than the 49ers or Raiders. Both those teams are likely finishing with two wins. So at best we were getting the 3rd pick. 

16 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

If the season ended today, the Jets would be picking 5th overall (were picking 3rd overall before beating the Bills).

1 - 49ers

2 - Raiders

3 - Cardinals

4 - Falcons

5 - Jets

6 - Bills

7 - Jaguars

8 - Detroit

9 - Bucs

10 - Giants

Currently, the Jets hold the 5th, 71st, 94th, 102nd (from New Orleans), 133rd and 199th picks in the draft.

Holy crap we have a better record than Atlanta?

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This is why investing in losing and draft picks is a no-win scenario for fans.

You're now mad your own team won.  Think on that a while.

Yup.  Learned that one week into last season (ironically got into the same argument with you, lol).

Today's come from behind win, led by Sam (he wasn't dragged along by everyone around him like Mark and Geno were in the past), made me feel better than any draft pick could possibly make me feel.

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If the Cardinals don’t win we will have fallen one spot... so what

I'm watching this game with my wife the Lions fan. The score is currently 3-0 Lions. Both teams look so pathetic that neither one deserves to win. The Cards got a snow balls chance in hell to win this one.

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ridiculous post...……...this win means more for the Jets then having 4 compared to 7. Take a hike dude

No he is 100% correct.  Hey every one loves to win rather than lose.  In the end though the NY Jets do this same thing every year.  Meaningless wins in lost seasons on teams that are going to dump the coach or gm and we all celebrate for a week until we get blown out the next few games and then on draft day everyone realizes that we could have been picking 5 spots higher.

Archived