49ers, Raiders, and Cardinals

playtowinthegame

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

No he is 100% correct.  Hey every one loves to win rather than lose.  In the end though the NY Jets do this same thing every year.  Meaningless wins in lost seasons on teams that are going to dump the coach or gm and we all celebrate for a week until we get blown out the next few games and then on draft day everyone realizes that we could have been picking 5 spots higher.

Not once in the recent past has these “meaningless wins” come at the expense of a potential franchise QB

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerfish said:

No he is 100% correct.  Hey every one loves to win rather than lose.  In the end though the NY Jets do this same thing every year.  Meaningless wins in lost seasons on teams that are going to dump the coach or gm and we all celebrate for a week until we get blown out the next few games and then on draft day everyone realizes that we could have been picking 5 spots higher.

It's mitigated this year by a couple of things

1. There really isnt a player worth tanking for. Even Bosa has health questions. Plus this top end of the draft is so DL oriented that it might scare Jets fans hehe

2. Darnold is the future and the more confidence he can get the better

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Not once in the recent past has these “meaningless wins” come at the expense of a potential franchise QB

matt ryan for starters but I never said a thing about a franchise QB.  If the jets finally decide to trade down that value is less.  We get the 3rd bet edge rusher rather than the 1st.  We miss out on the best LT in the draft perhaps.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

matt ryan for starters but I never said a thing about a franchise QB.  If the jets finally decide to trade down that value is less.  We get the 3rd bet edge rusher rather than the 1st.  We miss out on the best LT in the draft perhaps.

Matt Ryan definitely, I worded my response wrong. I meant the wins didn’t come because of potential FQB winning the game at the end 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But to what exponent is it less?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

49ers 20 Broncos 7

Raiders 10 Steelers 14

Cardinals 0 Lions 10

Hopefully they all win today to make up for our big win versus the big bad Buffalo Bills.

A win with mccown would have been a disaster. A win with Darnold making some plays to make it happen is great news. 

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's mitigated this year by a couple of things

1. There really isnt a player worth tanking for. Even Bosa has health questions. Plus this top end of the draft is so DL oriented that it might scare Jets fans hehe

2. Darnold is the future and the more confidence he can get the better

Exactly. We're going to end up with a top ten pick.. There are a bunch of really good players in the top ten, but none really stand out as game changing outside of bosa who I don't love for various reasons.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a top 2-3 pick so we could trade back to like 5-6 and pick up some picks and at the same time get a stud. 

In the end, if Darnold gets better each week then that's way more important than the difference between picking at 2 or 8.

I could understand being a little upset if McCown and the rest of the scrubs got a win but the dude who we just took 3rd Overall led a comeback win in a place we haven’t been very successful in as of late. I’ve always been one of the dudes who wants to tank every year we’re terrible to get a top pick but this is ridiculous. Get over the tankathon and be happy our young QB showed some promise 

You play to win. No self respecting GM, HC, or player would intentionally tank a game. Although it would have been best probably that the Jets lost today, you can't blame a team for winning. Last game of the season and the win/loss changes the draft pick and there is someone sitting there you want, maybe you pull your starting QB with a fake injury; other than that, you play to win.

Archived