Wow. That win dropped us from first pick overall all the way to the 5th pick

Jetsbb

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mark78 said:

Who cares!  Enough, we have a Qb...At this point I want to see him get better and win.  I'll take a 5th, 6th, etc. pick. Enough!

Guy is allowed to share his opinion. I happen to also see value in Sam getting a comeback win on the road, in the cold, against a decent pass defense but there's no question that it comes with a cost. Having the first pick would be nice but having a FQB develop isn't chopped liver.

1 minute ago, Brady's a catcher said:

Guy is allowed to share his opinion. I happen to also see value in Sam getting a comeback win on the road, in the cold, against a decent pass defense but there's no question that it comes with a cost. Having the first pick would be nice but having a FQB develop isn't chopped liver.

It would have been the late tank. Getting the top pick AFTER getting the FQB. Could have helped replenish resources but if Sam can win with this terrible team that quit this late in the year and learn to adapt to the cold, I’ll be a happy person. 

Torn on this one.  Hard to be upset when Darnold finally puts together a game winning drive instead of throwing another dumb pick.

That said, 4 spots is a big deal, and that #1 could have made a huge difference to this franchise as a trade piece.

Kinda wish Josh Allen ran all over the field one last time.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Torn on this one.  Hard to be upset when Darnold finally puts together a game winning drive instead of throwing another dumb pick.

That said, 4 spots is a big deal, and that #1 could have made a huge difference to this franchise as a trade piece.

This is a great example of bittersweet. If the other teams lost like expected and stayed put, it would have been easier. 

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Yeah, my hope was having Darnold put together a fantastic drive followed by the defense choking it all away.

Unfortunately, Trumaine Johnson seemed to have remembered today that he was getting paid.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I cant believe some are pissy we won. We have a young QB finally.  If he threw another pick and we lost that does nothing for us. Id rather see him grow AND we are getting a high pick anyway

That drop in the draft chart cost us 1300 points. Equivalent of an addition top 10 pick. A trade from 1st to 5th would be a next years first and this years second round pick. You think Giants would be enjoying Barkley right now if they had an unfortunate additional win? this is extremely painful especially if they lose out rest of the way.

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If we won with McCown, I would agree. However nothing is more important than Darnold’s development.

This. The draft is a ******* crap shoot so who gives a ****. Unless you’re trying for one outstanding college player (which this year there isn’t one) it’s not going to matter much. This years draft is top heavy as **** with DL and the last ******* thing the Jets need is a DL early. 

Darnold is the future of the team (hopefully) so they need to build around him and let him develop. Today’s useless win was a huge step for him. He came back from getting hurt then got hurt again and came back in and lead the team to a forth quarter comeback you ******* pea brains. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

That drop in the draft chart cost us 1300 points. Equivalent of an addition top 10 pick. A trade from 1st to 5th would be a next years first and this years second round pick. You think Giants would be enjoying Barkley right now if they had an unfortunate additional win? this is extremely painful especially if they lose out rest of the way.

I'm hoping we still land the top pick.

San Francisco 49ers

vs Seahawks, vs Bears, at Rams

Arizona Cardinals

at Falcons, vs Rams, at Seahawks

Oakland Raiders

at Bengals, vs Broncos, at Chiefs

Atlanta Falcons

vs Cardinals, at Panthers, at Buccaneers

The games I highlighted is the Jets path to the #1 overall pick along with the Jets losing their last 3 to the Texans, Packers, and Patriots.

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

If we lose out the rest of the way it’s possible we’ll end up higher than 5th. If we win out that’s also fine because it’s all on Darnold. He looked nice today and that means more than any draft choice.

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

This. The draft is a ******* crap shoot so who gives a ****. Unless you’re trying for one outstanding college player (which this year there isn’t one) it’s not going to matter much. This years draft is top heavy as **** with DL and the last ******* thing the Jets need is a DL early. 

Darnold is the future of the team (hopefully) so they need to build around him and let him develop. Today’s useless win was a huge step for him. He came back from getting hurt then got hurt again and came back in and lead the team to a forth quarter comeback you ******* pea brains. 

Agree halfway.

The purpose of getting a higher pick now is to trade it.  This win hurts that.  But it's not about getting a better chance at one specific guy, it's about recouping the value lost in the Darnold trade.

But, 100% agree that Darnold wins are a good thing.

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

If we lose out the rest of the way it’s possible we’ll end up higher than 5th. If we win out that’s also fine because it’s all on Darnold. He looked nice today and that means more than any draft choice.

If we lose out the rest of the way, I'm pretty sure at worst we end up at 4, because of next week's Arizona vs Atlanta game.

How if you are a true fan, root for your team to lose?  I want the first pick in the draft, but when Robby caught that pass and when they scored that TD on 4th down, I was jumping up and yelling.  Are some of you really pissed off that they won?  Would you then be saying if they lost that Sam is a bust?  

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'd be happy taking a few more Sam wins along with the concurrent drop in draft position.  Sam looks like a confident kid and seems to have the ability to justify it.  I want him in win mode.  

I believe Darnold will play well in the last three games of the season. I just think the Texans, Packers, and Patriots will all outscore the Jets. All three of those teams have much better quarterback play than the Bills. The Jets D will not do well against Watson, Rodgers, and especially Brady at Gillette Stadium.

Cardinals-Falcons play each other so that's one slot the Jets will move up... the Falcons also can easily win out their last 3 (ARI, CAR, TB).

Still think we finish with #3 pick... amazingly the highest pick of the Maccagnan Era with what was supposed to be a contending team.

I'm pro-tank but Darnold winning a divisional game on the road can only be a good thing.

Archived