This was a big Win for Darnold, but..

Jetsplayer21

Did mr weak/conservative Todd Bowles finally grow a fraction of testicles ? it took his guarantee firing to switch course and go for it on 4 and 1 down by 3.. no way he does that if he was fighting for his job, had secured.. I think he may have wanted to miss there, so he could tell all his critics “ see ! Why having balls doesn’t pay !” But now he saw reality.. wonder if it changed him, and would do same again if he ever had a “ secure HC job “ again ?

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He only did it because we are 3-9, he’s as good as gone and there isn’t anything to lose.

the Johnsons just better not be morons and feel a change of heart over one feel good win in Week 14. 

Johnson bros are certifiable retards, but even they know bowles is done.. Bowles maybe moves on to HS, or D3 if he wants to be HC again.. I just wonder if he takes his lesson of manhood with him? Or will he go back to sitting down when he pees? just to make extra sure he doesn’t dripple on the floor ?

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Johnson bros are certifiable retards, but even they know bowles is done.. Bowles maybe moves on to HS, or D3 if he wants to be HC again.. I just wonder if he takes his lesson of manhood with him? Or will he go back to sitting down when he pees? just to make extra sure he doesn’t dripple on the floor ?

Bowles is well respected in league circles. I’m sure he can get another DC job soon after and work his way back into consideration just glad he won’t be here any longer. Sam has shown flashes and we need a coaching staff that can make that consistent.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bowles is well respected in league circles. I’m sure he can get another DC job soon after and work his way back into consideration just glad he won’t be here any longer. Sam has shown flashes and we need a coaching staff that can make that consistent.

What circles ?? all the great D cords are aggressive, intense, creative.. Bowles  is now opposite  of all 3.. Become HC made him a woman ?‍♂️Not sure he can become a man again 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Did mr weak/conservative Todd Bowles finally grow a fraction of testicles ? it took his guarantee firing to switch course and go for it on 4 and 1 down by 3.. no way he does that if he was fighting for his job, had secured.. I think he may have wanted to miss there, so he could tell all his critics “ see ! Why having balls doesn’t pay !” But now he saw reality.. wonder if it changed him, and would do same again if he ever had a “ secure HC job “ again ?

bowes had the chance to make a very similar call in the first half and punted (as usual), maybe it was because they were on the 6 inch line or he was too cold to play OT but even the announcers were yelling to go for it - to give him credit it was his best coaching decision in four years and I really like those Gotham hoodies

Although, I would like to think it was Sam who stood up and said "let's go for it dudes" a win would be so tasty right now...

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

bowes had the chance to make a very similar call in the first half and punted (as usual), maybe it was because they were on the 6 inch line or he was too cold to play OT but even the announcers were yelling to go for it - to give him credit it was his best coaching decision in four years and I really like those Gotham hoodies

Although, I would like to think it was Sam who stood up and said "let's go for it" a win would be so tasty right now...

Yes but it mute now. He has shown nothing but pure cowardness in his 4 yrs, and had he been given a vote of confidence, another extension, I would bet sadly he kicks the fg as usual there

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

He only did it because we are 3-9, he’s as good as gone and there isn’t anything to lose.

the Johnsons just better not be morons and feel a change of heart over one feel good win in Week 14. 

He did it b/c kicking the fg would have drawn more criticism than going for it and not getting it. When you understand this you understand how bowles thinks.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

He did it b/c kicking the fg would have drawn more criticism than going for it and not getting it. When you understand this you understand how bowles thinks.

No he just lacks balls most coaches have. Had his job been secure no way in hell does he go for it..

59 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

he will take his millions and laugh all the way to the bank. If you think he gives 2 sh*ts about the Jets firing him, think again , he got his pay check.

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

No he just lacks balls most coaches have. Had his job been secure no way in hell does he go for it..

I agree that he lacks balls, but he’s so concerned about perception.  All those times he punted when the jets were down 2 scores with under 5 minutes left, it’s about managing the score.  Yesterday he knew that if he tied the game with a fg instead of going for it he’d be blasted even if they won.

and - here’s the kicker - i think he knows his defense sucks in key moments and that they would have lost by a fg if that’s all buffalo needed.  

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree that he lacks balls, but he’s so concerned about perception.  All those times he punted when the jets were down 2 scores with under 5 minutes left, it’s about managing the score.  Yesterday he knew that if he tied the game with a fg instead of going for it he’d be blasted even if they won.

and - here’s the kicker - i think he knows his defense sucks in key moments and that they would have lost by a fg if that’s all buffalo needed.  

Exactly right with the kicker... if he knew he was a good d coach, maybe he goes for the tie knowing he can Prevent a td in O.. but maybe he realized reality, he blows almost as bad as a D coach as he does blow as HC

27 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

he will take his millions and laugh all the way to the bank. If you think he gives 2 sh*ts about the Jets firing him, think again , he got his pay check.

But he is fairly young.. I’m sure he thought he could make a 2nd career out of being a HC.. now he will be lucky to get a job as cashier in a dicks sporting goods store..

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

give bowles credit for making the right call, finally.  he tends to play not to lose.  maybe it's because he never had a qb he could trust.

The right call? The Jets were 3-9! Any imbecile could make that decision, lol. OMG, he would have been ripped unmercifully if he went for the tie there on the road. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The right call? The Jets were 3-9! Any imbecile could make that decision, lol. OMG, he would have been ripped unmercifully if he went for the tie there on the road. 

he still could've made the wrong call.  my point is he finally gave his team some much needed confidence.  this doesn't mean he should be kept but it shows the team is capable of making plays if they are allowed to.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

What do you mean "another" DC job?  IIRC, Bowles has never been a defensive coordinator for any NFL team ever. I think he would be a terrible DC.  I pity the team that tries that one. 

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

he still could've made the wrong call.  my point is he finally gave his team some much needed confidence.  this doesn't mean he should be kept but it shows the team is capable of making plays if they are allowed to.

The point is if he knew he isn’t getting fired, say we were in a playoff game, you really thinks he goes for it ? 

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Arizona?

You are correct:

Arizona Cardinals

On January 18, 2013, Bowles was hired as defensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals. On January 31, 2015, he was voted Associated Press (AP)'s Assistant Coach of the Year for his efforts in the 2014 season.[15] Bowles received 22 of the 50 media members' votes, winning the inaugural award.[16]

I thought he was only a position coach there.  Anyway, it doesn't matter because by 12/31, within 24 hours of our season ending game in NE, .....   HE GONE!

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I actually see Bowles interviewing to be a head coach somewhere. Bowles 2.0 will be much better paired with a bright offensive mind and a GM who understands how to build a team correctly. He needs a fresh start. We can't keep him. Too much negative press keeping him.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Bills win won't change anything, but if Darnod pulls another 2 wins out of his hat in the last 3 weeks...…………….Look out

18 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I actually see Bowles interviewing to be a head coach somewhere. Bowles 2.0 will be much better paired with a bright offensive mind and a GM who understands how to build a team correctly. He needs a fresh start. We can't keep him. Too much negative press keeping him.

Ya for the sad “ Rooney rule “ only..

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What circles ?? all the great D cords are aggressive, intense, creative.. Bowles  is now opposite  of all 3.. Become HC made him a woman ?‍♂️Not sure he can become a man again 

He would be a decent DC if this was 1975. This is the Peter Principle at work; he got moved up the chain and got exposed as a not very good with how NFL football now works. His defense barely gets to the QB. NBC posted a stat last night than when Trubisky got more than 2.8 seconds, he was God. less than 2.8 could not complete a pass. Meanwhile Bowles is obsessed with run defense, safeties and DBs and coverage, which really isn't nearly as important as a pass rush. Like rex Ryan before him, he's a beeper salesman in an iphone world.

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

He would be a decent DC if this was 1975. This is the Peter Principle at work; he got moved up the chain and got exposed as a not very good with how NFL football now works. His defense barely gets to the QB. NBC posted a stat last night than when Trubisky got more than 2.8 seconds, he was God. less than 2.8 could not complete a pass. Meanwhile Bowles is obsessed with run defense, safeties and DBs and coverage, which really isn't nearly as important as a pass rush. Like rex Ryan before him, he's a beeper salesman in an iphone world.

Rex Ryan owned and outsmarted  the great bb in a playoff game, on their turf, fresh after losing by 43, and with mark Sanchez as qb.. but agree, it’s a O league. Ironically, Rex had a gm who drafted, signed whoever he wanted.. Rex transformed a solid foundation mangini built, but like Bowles was a horrible decision maker with drafting, signing.. we all know rex or Bowles do not draft 2 O lineman in first round.. fact..

Archived