Sam has elite accuracy

nico002

Don’t let the completion percentage fool you. 

This is the one thing that really has jumped out at me this year.

It not just good- the guy is one of the most accurate throwers Ive seen, especially on the move.

three throws jump out at me from an accuracy standpoint:

1) pass to the right sideline to Herndon- he put it where only he could catch with with the defender all over the receiver 

2) scramble TD pass

3) deep pass to Robby 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nico002 said:

It not just good- the guy is one of the most accurate throwers Ive seen, especially on the move.

1) pass to the right sideline to Herndon- he put it where only he could catch with with the defender all over the receiver 

2) scramble TD pass

3) deep pass to Robby 

Agreed and not in a weak arm Pennington way (no I’m not hating, I love Chad). But Sammy can let it rip.

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

2) scramble TD pass

3) deep pass to Robby 

The pass to Herndon against the Jaguars was amazing. Pass to Herndon against the colts. 

His ball placment looks sharp and effortless sometimes.

29 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You are what your record says you are.

"Elite", lol.  

It's almost like some Jets Fans see one or two good plays, and suddenly it's like we're reading "Teen Beat" the way folks gush with unquestioning enthusiastic homerism......

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Darnold is legit. If he gets a high end coordinator and a couple of more weapons he could make that Jared Goff type jump heading into year 2. 

And I am not comparing him to Goff, i think he is significantly more talented than Goff who is merely a product of a great system with great weapons. 

I can confidently say that Goff is no system quarterback. McVay ran the same system in Washington and the results were no as explosive for Cousins.

Having said that, I do believe Darnold has elite talent and potential, superior to Goff.  

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Elite", lol.  

It's almost like some Jets Fans see one or two good plays, and suddenly it's like we're reading "Teen Beat" the way folks gush with unquestioning enthusiastic homerism......

I’m guilty lol 

this is more than a fair point though.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Elite", lol.  

lol, seriously... ‘elite’ = “from what I’ve seen”

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Elite", lol.  

No it’s not bro. Is Fitzpatrick a top 10 QB? Cause he’s 10th in passer rating. Is Tannehill the 6th best QB? Cause he’s 6th in rating. Eli is having the best statistical year of his career. I guess Dak is a more accurate thrower than Brady, since he’s 10 spots higher than him in terms of comp percentage. Do better.

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Blah blah blah apples.....Darnold is so dreamy.....blah blah blah oranges......

If you want to live the dream, live the dream my friend.  

But why stop at "elite", why not just go full bore and call it "Hall of Fame level accuracy".

If you're going to go all in, go all in.  12 TD vs. 15 INT's, 55.9%, that's like so ELITE man.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Elite", lol.  

okay.  darnold has 4 of the jets 4 wins this season and 7 of the losses.  it is possible that he gets to 7 wins.  that's not bad for a rookie qb on a weak team.

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I can confidently say that Goff is no system quarterback. McVay ran the same system in Washington and the results were no as explosive for Cousins.

Having said that, I do believe Darnold has elite talent and potential, superior to Goff.  

I must have missed that year Mcvay had Todd Gurley, Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp to go along with a really good offensive line. 

You put Goff on this Jets team and he is a train wreck. Same with Trubisky. 

Time will tell. Considering everything that has not gone well with the offense this year, and McCown coming in for a couple weeks to solidify the fact that our offense’s failures are not the Jets rookie QB, Darnold needs time like every other QB in this league. Some start slow, some look great their first year. Think about when RGIII came into the league, Kaep, Carr even Dak. Many thought they would be the next Montana or Brady. Others with a not so great rookie season like Payton Manning panned out pretty well. I think years 3 and 4 is the make or break years as to whether a QB is truly going to be a career standout or just another flash in the pan. Progress is the key. Just getting better as a whole. He’s got good bounce back which I like. He doesn’t seem to rattle during heavy pressure, recovers well after int’s, extends plays. All pluses in my book. He could be the One. Tighten up the O-line, give him a couple more WR’s with good talent and mix it up with a solid ground game and he might be great. If he had an Amari Cooper, or an Antonio Brown to throw to it could hurt either.

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay.  darnold has 4 of the jets 4 wins this season and 7 of the losses.  it is possible that he gets to 7 wins.

Is it?

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's not bad for a rookie qb on a weak team.

Are the only two options "elite" and "bad"? :-k

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I must have missed that year Mcvay had Todd Gurley, Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp to go along with a really good offensive line. 

You put Goff on this Jets team and he is a train wreck. Same with Trubisky. 

Yeah I agree our team is trash and will make anyone look bad. But Goff in my opinion is not a system QB. He enhances that system, and not any QB could go in there and produce what he has.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

2) scramble TD pass

3) deep pass to Robby 

Did you go take a pee during the pass he threw directly to the defender? 

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Elite", lol.  

You have no idea how badly I want to change his screename to Homer Samson . 

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

elite and bad?  imo he's better than ELIte right now.  give him a line and get the receivers open and we'll see some good things.

Hang on, I want to get an answer, do you REALLY think it's possible Sam Darnold leads us via his skill to wins the next three games and we finish 7-9?

I think elite takes consistency and we've havent seen consistency yet from Sam.  His ball placement is excellent though.  This offense is garbage and it seems like anytime he's throwing the ball downfield, it's a high level of difficulty throw ie; 3rd and long to the sideline on a corner or out route.  It's like they never give him some easy read/safe throws.  

The only thing I think that is elite with Sam is his pocket presence.  It's natural and very few can escape the way he can and then deliver the ball on point.  That TD to Robby, that's the mark of a very special player.  You cant teach that and very few QB's on this planet can make that play.

41 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I don't think he has elite accuracy yet. Needs to be more consistent for it to be elite status. However he's shown flashes and potential of elite accuracy which I fully believe he'll grow into.

Agreed his accuracy is still inconsistent but man does he flash with some incredible throws at times 

Archived