Reggie Mckenzie

CotcheryifyouCan

5 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

yea, but from all reports heimendinger is well respected and one of the reasons we got sam.  as for mckenzie, why no? im not campaigning for him, but curious why you are quick to dismiss? he has a pretty valid track record

The fact people are trying to seem like it’s hard to upgrade from Mike Maccagnan lol.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Reggie McKenzie must be great.  He was the 2016 NFL Executive of the Year!

Who won it again the year PRIOR in 2015?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6IY6r64R-WEx9tYUoTxL

1 hour ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

yea, but from all reports heimendinger is well respected and one of the reasons we got sam.  as for mckenzie, why no? im not campaigning for him, but curious why you are quick to dismiss? he has a pretty valid track record

just a natural aversion to Oakland

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Highlights from WIKI.

McKenzie was valedictorian of his 1981 graduating class

McKenzie was employed by the Green Bay Packers from 1994 to 2012. He began as a scout, and gradually rose through the ranks to become the Packers' director of player personnel and eventually the team's director of football operations, while reporting to general managers Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson.[8]

McKenzie promptly fired head coach Hue Jackson

That Alone would make him someone to Seriously consider... I for one would Hire him in a Heartbeat... Fire mccags or make him Answerable to McKenzie who would have final say on All Personnel decisions.

27 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That Alone would make him someone to Seriously consider... I for one would Hire him in a Heartbeat... Fire mccags or make him Answerable to McKenzie who would have final say on All Personnel decisions.

18 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

If you think Mac can't draft check this guy's record.

Tuffhand has a good point... check the WIKI page yourself BUT McKenzie missed on quite a bit BUT what I do like about him is he appears decisive and not afraid to cut loose veterans not performing.

Unfortunately I dont see Mac going anywhere but imo it is pretty chest that Reggie has done a significantly better job in Oak than Mac has with the Jets. That team was 12-4 a couple years ago and could have made a push in the playoffs if Carr hadn't gotten hurt... Before they resurrected Gruden to rip the team apart. 

4 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'd rather throw a blank check at Ozzie Newsome.  I don't believe he's retiring I think the Ravens are forcing him out b/c they know they can't hold on to DeCosta much longer.  McKenzie wouldn't be a bad second choice though.  Bring in an experienced GM and HC duo, no more time to learn on the job.

I agree and someone like Ozzie with his experience you could make the Football Czar we’ve all dreamed of and have him hire a GM to run the day to day operations and take over as VP of Football Ops once Ozzie decides to retire for good 

With Mackenzie’s experience you could also hire him as the football czar and promote Heimerdinger or get another GM 

30 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I agree and someone like Ozzie with his experience you could make the Football Czar we’ve all dreamed of and have him hire a GM to run the day to day operations and take over as VP of Football Ops once Ozzie decides to retire for good 

With Mackenzie’s experience you could also hire him as the football czar and promote Heimerdinger or get another GM 

Too good to be true but man.. exactly what we need and wouldn’t that be a promotion?

3 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

money speaks, give him enough money and he'll come work for us.  If he doesn't want to be a GM, give him a Tom Coughlin type roll and let him pick the GM.

I dont want a GM who doesnt want to be a GM, doesnt want to work and is only doing it for the money.  

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wasn’t aware. Thought Reggie did the firing and then once Gruden became available, Davis stepped in and completely gave it all to Jon Gruden.

I'm pretty sure it was Davis.  He made comments that his father should never have dumped him and he wanted to fix that.  Also I would assume a 10 year, $100 mil contract offer had to come directly from the owner.  Could be a little of each though

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont want a GM who doesnt want to be a GM, doesnt want to work and is only doing it for the money.  

It's a fair concern but that's why I think maybe more of that "football czar" role would be intriguing.  Gets him out of the day to day of being a GM and is positioned as a promotion.  I'm not saying he would def. take it, I obviously know nothing about the guy but I think it would be worth exploring.  The Johnsons are not knowledgeable football guys and should not be running the football ops dept.  It also puts them in a position to have to fire Macc, let Newsome or McKenzie decide.  Not to mention, it probably gives us a lot more credibility in finding a new coach if they know the "football czar" has signed off on it.

1 minute ago, drsamuel84 said:

It's a fair concern but that's why I think maybe more of that "football czar" role would be intriguing.  Gets him out of the day to day of being a GM and is positioned as a promotion.  I'm not saying he would def. take it, I obviously know nothing about the guy but I think it would be worth exploring.  The Johnsons are not knowledgeable football guys and should not be running the football ops dept.  It also puts them in a position to have to fire Macc, let Newsome or McKenzie decide.  Not to mention, it probably gives us a lot more credibility in finding a new coach if they know the "football czar" has signed off on it.

Therein lies the conundrum. Woody and proxy Chris aren't savvy enough to realize the need for a director of football opps.

16 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

TheJohnsons are not knowledgeable football guys and should not be running thefootball ops dept.  

This why I take a wait and see approach with this team, i do not trust the Johnsons to make any competent football decision. 

14 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

The Johnsons know as much about football as any other owner and they all dont need a czar.  Seems to me its just another layer above the GM and below the owner.  Dont see much to it.  Parcells was handed the job in Miami and what came out of it?  Hasnt done a thing in Jax.  Not sure what it does for you, think its much more important to just hire the right GM.  I get the thinking, get a football guy in here to help run things but seems redundant to me

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

TheJohnsons are not knowledgeable football guys and should not be running thefootball ops dept.  

This why I take a wait and see approach with this team, i do not trust the Johnsons to make any competent football decision. 

How many football decisions has Chris made that you think makes him incompetent?

On 12/11/2018 at 9:18 AM, Jet Nut said:

How many football decisions has Chris made that you think makes him incompetent?

Chris is acting owner so that makes him responsible for the team overall.  I like Chris better than Woody,  but neither are football guys and they are surrounded by for the most part paper pushers. If I was Chris I would hire a consultant not like Korn  and Ferry but someone who has experience and is knowledgeable of today's  modern NFL. 

15 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Chris is the intern owner so that makes him responsible for the team overall.  I like Chris better than Woody,  but neither are football guys and they are surrounded by for the most part paper pushers. If I was Chris I would hire a consultant not like Korn  and Ferry but someone who has experience and is knowledgeable of today's  modern NFL. 

How many owners are football guys?  How many winning teams are owned by football guys?  J Jones thinks he is.  Who are the paper pushers who are surrounding Chris and I assume you think make football decisions.  This is as cliche as it gets.  

Again, how many football people do you need under ownership?  GM, check.  Add a VP position, ok.  How about 2 of them, should be better.  I dont see the importance other that it sounds like 2 heads are better than one.  

Lets actually let Chris make a football decision that affects the team before stating that hes incapable because he isnt a football guy.

Archived