By my count Jets need to add 14 players in Free Agency / Draft

Sarge4Tide

Front line players: Free agency/draft

RB- Le'veon Bell - Bell- McGuire- Cannon - Cut Crowell

LT- Trent Brown (patriots) 6-8" 380

Pass Rusher: Barr, Ford, Fowler? Draft? Josh Allen? Zach Allen? Corner play improves with pass rush improvement.

WR- Re=up Q/2nd round tender Anderson- 3rd rounder in draft - Humphries (Tampa Bay) 

Center- Paradis in free agency or 3rd rounder in draft

Just with the 9 moves above the team is improved. Got to be thinking 2019 as an ascending year with 2020 playoff mandate. 

46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Front line players: Free agency/draft

RB- Le'veon Bell - Bell- McGuire- Cannon - Cut Crowell

LT- Trent Brown (patriots) 6-8" 380

Pass Rusher: Barr, Ford, Fowler? Draft? Josh Allen? Zach Allen? Corner play improves with pass rush improvement.

WR- Re=up Q/2nd round tender Anderson- 3rd rounder in draft - Humphries (Tampa Bay) 

Center- Paradis in free agency or 3rd rounder in draft

Just with the 9 moves above the team is improved. Got to be thinking 2019 as an ascending year with 2020 playoff mandate. 

Thank you. I was going nuts reading this thread. Nobody else mentioned Bell. If we want to do anything at all next year as far as improving towards a winning record, the first and biggest priority is signing  Bell. He’s the only playmaker out there (aside from Hunt, who’s radioactive right now). Get him, and then fill in the OL with one or 2 picks or a FA. Then get a decent WR, and maybe an ER. No team is set everywhere, we just need a star on offense and a few upgrades.

this is going to sound bananas but a line of Beachum - Long - Harrison - Dozier - Shell  might actually be OK 

it's not premium but it's probably fine for another year.

they certainly need to look at developing more mid round guys. WR/OLB seem way worse needs tho  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.

Here are some of the other names.  Ugly, for sure:

• Matt Schaub
  • Brett Hundley
  • Trevor Siemian
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Matt Cassel
  • RG3
  • Geno Smith
  • Mark Sanchez
  • Brock Osweiler
  • Matt Barkley
  • Brandon Weeden
  • Tom Savage

The only name remotely interesting to me is not on the list above:  Taylor Heinicke from the Panthers.  Small school guy who would be dirt cheap and performed well in preseason games this year (24-36, 323 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 102.0 QB Rating in 4 appearances).

What about Hackenberg?

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So you’ve signed Powell, Qvale, Andersen, Enunwa and Roberts in free agency and still need to find 7 more legit players on offense who could make the 53 man roster.  $100 million isn’t going to go very far.  Going to be an off-season full of JAG free agent signings just to fill out a roster.  

I'm on the road a lot for work so I'm listening to sports radio all day long. Whether its Boomer, Joe and Evan, Bart or Mike, your point is something NONE of them seem to get. Every one of them talks up this 100 mil like the Jets are poised to steal free agency - We have no one under contract! Even the Jags are over priced these days, its going to take the bulk of that money just to fill out the roster. If the Jets ever signed a Clowney or Lawrence, I dont think they would have enough money to have a full team under contract. 

It's almost as if we have had no late round draft picks the last 4 years ??

Archived