John DeFilippo fired - joins McCarthy on the PASS list

nj meadowlands

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2018 at 11:10 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Caldwell. And I should have said Dungy was incredibly overrated. But not terrible like Caldwell.

The point being Indy should have gotten 3 rings out of Manning, not 1.

Ok. I forgot about Caldwell. He did suck. Had no business being a head coach. Sean Payton made him look like an a$$hole in the Super Bowl. But I disagree about Dungy. Don't forget how the Colts put all there cap money into the offense to aid Manning and left none for the defense. That's why they hired Dungy so he could turn manure into gold. I most of those players on that defense wouldn't have never made the roster let alone started for any other team. 

8 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Ok. I forgot about Caldwell. He did suck. Had no business being a head coach. Sean Payton made him look like an a$$hole in the Super Bowl. But I disagree about Dungy. Don't forget how the Colts put all there cap money into the offense to aid Manning and left none for the defense. That's why they hired Dungy so he could turn manure into gold. I most of those players on that defense wouldn't have never made the roster let alone started for any other team. 

Dwight Freeney? They had a really good safety also. Can’t remember his name.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:35 AM, Jet Nut said:

Shula is in any and every discussion of the best HCs ever.  He won in a running era with Greise.  Won with a QB who couldnt throw but ran.  Contended with the greatest passer of all time and little else.  Bad analogy, no one anywhere would ever compare him to Shula

His steakhouse pretty good too

On 12/12/2018 at 12:18 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

The willingness to hire retreads is what got the Chiefs Herm Edwards, the Bucs Lovie Smith, the 49ers Chip Kelly, Buffalo Rex Ryan, and Oakland Jon Gruden.

Just sayin’.

And in fairness gave a number of teams coaches like Parcells, Belichick, Carol, Shanahan, Vermeil, Reid...

Agree that both retreads and first timers need to be part of the process

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Dwight Freeney? They had a really good safety also. Can’t remember his name.

You're thinking about the year they won they won the super bowl when they had players on the defense like Freeney, Robert Mathis, Bob Sanders, and Antoine Bethea. I'm talking way before then during that 8 or 9 year stretch where they had no stars on the D and was soft as wet toilet paper. 

Archived