Holy.... Sugar. Williams is the new Mo Wilk

Paradis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

This is disgusting... how does this team not bench people for this kind of effort?? WHAT IS HAPPENING??

#ToddGurley 

This was one of the plays that I questioned when I asked how Leo looked. I didn’t see the game but the clips shows horrible effort/technique on more than one play. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

This is disgusting... how does this team not bench people for this kind of effort?? WHAT IS HAPPENING??

#ToddGurley 

Damn....and that was a fumble too. If it bounced a different way we could have ended up with the ball (assuming our players actually tried to get near Allen). 

Williams sucked last game, he whiffed on at least two sacks/tackles of Allen, maybe he knew even if he ran he wouldn't be able to bring him down? 

4 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Damn....and that was a fumble too. If it bounced a different way we could have ended up with the ball (assuming our players actually tried to get near Allen). 

Williams sucked last game, he whiffed on at least two sacks/tackles of Allen, maybe he knew even if he ran he wouldn't be able to bring him down? 

There was a few replays where RBs and Allen simply out hustled Leo... terrible look for him. and this team. 

I hate him. 

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

There was a few replays where RBs and Allen simply out hustled Leo... terrible look for him. and this team. 

I hate him. 

Any coach worth a damn would bench players who do this. Bowles will not punish Williams at all.

Between the endless amount of penalties and stuff like this, there is no discipline or accountability whatsoever. Bowles is the problem. Who would have thought a former long time NFL safety could be so soft?

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Any player that doesn't give 100% effort on every play doesn't deserve a roster spot.  This is disgraceful, especially for a top 10 draft pick.  

Any player being paid the salaries these guys get paid, should be selling out each and every down. 

"...It's your job" 

27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

#ToddGurley 

pretty bad indictment of leo.  and the thing is he was actually making some plays in this game.  i guess he was also taking some plays off too.

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

#ToddGurley 

I'd love for one of our crack news reporters to bring this up on a big screen during a press conference and ask Todd Bowles why this type of effort is acceptable on the Jets. 

This is 90 % on todd bowles.

Tough to blame Leo when he has watched slobs like mowilk and shle rich get away with everything, then there is revis and the other motley crew.

This team has never had any accountability at all under fake tough guy bowles.  The sooner we lose that clown the better.

His coaching malaise started even in  year one but even worse in year two when guys like mo and shel were given multiple away with permissions from off season works and such.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This is 90 % on todd bowles.

Tough to blame Leo when he has watched slobs like mowilk and shle rich get away with everything, then there is revis and the other motley crew.

This team has never had any accountability at all under fake tough guy bowles.  The sooner we lose that clown the better.

His coaching malaise started even in  year one but even worse in year two when guys like mo and shel were given multiple away with permissions from off season works and such.

Disagree... that kind of lack of effort comes from the inside. If he can willingly dog it like that and be OK with it ESPECIALLY when he knows that he's on live TV being judged then there's nothing in the world anybody can do about it.

That fire and passion has to be built into players. Look at Jamal Adams ... a rare breed and an upcoming all-pro but he plays every single down like it's his last. The Big Cat is on his way out.

Guess what?  The jets have all this fa money.  Will not be able to sign any fas who will really help us and thus are going to have to spend it somehow.

Get ready for us to sign a number of our own dog players to fat contracts just because we have the money and can't spend it.

This really would be the perfect time to dump Mac with bowles as a new gm with no allegiances could make his roster, but instead Mccoffeenerd is going to hand out more brutal fat contracts for poor players.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Disagree... that kind of lack of effort comes from the inside. If he can willingly dog it like that and be OK with it ESPECIALLY when he knows that he's on live TV being judged then there's nothing in the world anybody can do about it.

That fire and passion has to be built into players. Look at Jamal Adams ... a rare breed and an upcoming all-pro but he plays every single down like it's his last. The Big Cat is on his way out.

Give jamal another two years under bowles and see what happens.

It is easy to motivate guys in there 1st or 2nd year in the league.  After that the coach needs to keep the level of play up.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Guess what?  The jets have all this fa money.  Will not be able to sign any fas who will really help us and thus are going to have to spend it somehow.

Get ready for us to sign a number of our own dog players to fat contracts just because we have the money and can't spend it.

This really would be the perfect time to dump Mac with bowles as a new gm with no allegiances could make his roster, but instead Mccoffeenerd is going to hand out more brutal fat contracts for poor players.

Leo is the last man standing from Maccagnan’s 2015 draft.  An entire draft class gone in just 4 seasons.  Macc will give Leo an Aaron Donald type contract just to save face.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Leo is the last man standing from Maccagnan’s 2015 draft.  An entire draft class gone in just 4 seasons.  Macc will give Leo an Aaron Donald type contract just to save face.  

This is why I want an outsider with NO personal attachment to picks or a biased point of view when trying to justify keeping these bums.

He has already started damage control and will continue by talking up Leo like he’s some great player (which is only fabricated from his draft slot).  Mac will surely make the wrong moves. 

• On one hand, I wonder whether we could/should rescind his option year and also cut Lee, saving their cap money and starting over. 
  • On the other hand, maybe we keep both of them, who each will be highly motivated, and then move on and hope for trade value/comp picks. This allows the Jets to be competitive next year with players who are motivated for their next contract.  Let another team write those second contracts.

5 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • On one hand, I wonder whether we could/should rescind his option year and also cut Lee, saving their cap money and starting over. 
  • On the other hand, maybe we keep both of them, who each will be highly motivated, and then move on and hope for trade value/comp picks. This allows the Jets to be competitive next year with players who are motivated for their next contract.  Let another team write those second contracts.

They can still release Leo before the start of the league year.  His contract isnt guaranteed unless he’s on the roster at the start of the league year.  Since he was also a top 10 pick his 5th year option is more expensive.  It’s the value of a player who would receive the transition tag at his position.  No way I keep Leo around for that kind of money. 

that's it, no more drafting defensive lineman early. First of all, they quit on you, secondly, it's a passing league anyway, and so it's not a premium position. I thought Mo, Sheldon, Snacks was the second coming of Klecko, Gasitineau, Salaam  -   boy, that went down the drain quickly. 

Archived