Sign in to follow this  
Barry McCockinner

Here we go again - McCown taking snaps with the 1's

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1072562137892040704

hmmm - did we lose the edit code option? I used to embed tweets. 

Rich CiminiVerified account @RichCimini
FollowingFollowing @RichCimini
More

Josh McCown getting some first-team reps during the walk-through, which tells me Sam Darnold’s foot may limit his participation. #JetsNYJets2018.png

10:41 AM - 11 Dec 2018
  • Upvote 1

at this point, Josh McCown is more than done. He's well done. 

looking at that dude is like looking at the skull of Yorick. Alas poor Josh, we knew him well 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This is the reason I don't want Todd Bowles/Mike Maccagnan being part of this organization a day longer. 

Nothing personal against McCown but he doesn't belong starting in the NFL. 

IF Sam Darnold is injured why not see what Davis Webb has to offer. 

I tend to agree. We saw what McCown has left in three starts. The answer -- absolutely nothing. I know we're giving him too much money but if Darnold really has issues I agree, play Webb.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1072562137892040704

hmmm - did we lose the edit code option? I used to embed tweets. 

Rich CiminiVerified account @RichCimini
FollowingFollowing @RichCimini
More

Josh McCown getting some first-team reps during the walk-through, which tells me Sam Darnold’s foot may limit his participation. #JetsNYJets2018.png

10:41 AM - 11 Dec 2018

Paste the link as plain text and the tweet should embed.

McCown 1st team reps may just be precuationary since Darnold was full participant.  Now, who is going to carry the ball may be another question.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

McCown 1st team reps may just be precuationary since Darnold was full participant.  Now, who is going to carry the ball may be another question.

Next man up!!!!!!   DeAngelo Henderson 

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yes, this. 

Want to know how I think this plays out? With the Jets FO wanting to sit out Sam to end his season on a positive note. Because honestly, I could see them thinking that’s a good thing. It is beyond sad that these thoughts enter my mind, and I still root for a team that makes them happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Want to know how I think this plays out? With the Jets FO wanting to sit out Sam to end his season on a positive note. Because honestly, I could see them thinking that’s a good thing. It is beyond sad that these thoughts enter my mind, and I still root for a team that makes them happen.

Don't shoot me, but from my perspective I saw Darnold play well overall on Sunday.  Let him rest and stay healthy.  

Next year is a new coach, new system, etc.  

• Upvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 1

As it relates to Darnold any limitation better be 100% injury/health related.

This kid needs reps....whether they're good, bad or ugly.  If we have a healthy OLine then fear not and get him in there vs. Houston's tough D.  Cold weather games will be good for him as well.  God willing he'll have some January football in his future one of these years!

• Upvote 1

I'm generally all in on bashing Bowles/Macc or whomever makes that decision, but wouldn't most teams rest the starter who has a foot problem even if it is just sore so that he can play on Sunday?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I tend to agree. We saw what McCown has left in three starts. The answer -- absolutely nothing. I know we're giving him too much money but if Darnold really has issues I agree, play Webb.

it's plenty obvious mccown just doesn't have the arm left.  imo they should put webb in if darnold can't go.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

at this point, Josh McCown is more than done. He's well done. 

looking at that dude is like looking at the skull of Yorick. Alas poor Josh, we knew him well 

If Sam doesn’t start put in Webb and see what he’s got. Nothing to lose at this point. At least he can show if he has any viable worth as a backup.

• Upvote 1

Same BS with Hackenberg. Play Webb for a game see what happens!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

That's true but it's also a short week no?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good heavens I hope not. I gave up my plans on Saturday to watch Sammy sling the rock. If Josh is out there circling the toilet drain Im gonna be pissed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And when Darnold gets injured even worse on a sack because he can't move in the pocket as well without pain, or rips up his knee sliding funny to avoid that injured foot catching the turf too hard...

"**** YOU BLOWES. HOW COULD YOU PLAY SAM WHEN YOU KNEW HE WAS HURT AND NOT MOBILE ENOUGH TO ELUDE PRESSURE BEHIND THIS SUCKY OL??? YOU ARE BOTH THE BLOWES AND TEH SUCK. ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!1111!"

Lol. If Darnold is injured let him sit. Or maybe just have him take fewer practice snaps so he can rest up more. Anyone who wants him to risk getting seriously injured for a meaningless December start is going to be among the first to turn it around as I outlined above.

There is no QB controversy; if he's well enough to play - and well enough to get enough reps before the game - then he'll start. If not then he won't. 

You have to remember, there was a contingent here @T0mShane @Creepy Lurker that was opining that Darnold was not hurt at all the last 3 weeks. That this was somehow a ruse.

Best to play this smart, trust the medical doctors. That said, let him play.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is no excuse for Webb not being the #1 if Darnold cannot go.  Period.

Ok. I could watch Webb. At least Ive never seen it before.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Good heavens I hope not. I gave up my plans on Saturday to watch Sammy sling the rock. If Josh is out there circling the toilet drain Im gonna be pissed.

Im with you Crusher.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You have to remember, there was a contingent here @T0mShane @Creepy Lurker that was opining that Darnold was not hurt at all the last 3 weeks. That this was somehow a ruse.

Best to play this smart, trust the medical doctors. That said, let him play.

I think, by opining, you mean “reiterating what the player who is standing around at practice said out of his own mouth.” But you’re not a wordsmith, as you’ve claimed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think, by opining, you mean “reiterating what the player who is standing around at practice said out of his own mouth.” But you’re not a wordsmith, as you’ve claimed.

You know how many player's say they are "fine", and yes, they feel fine, yet could still do damage by stressing an injury?

Did you not see Darnold limping during the game when the ankle was twisted? Was that a fake too?

• Upvote 2

so we arent fellating Unkl Jarsh cos he such a great mentor anymore?

what crock that was... disgustin that so many just swallowed that fecal matter like it was a friggin ice cream sundae

• Upvote 1