Here we go again - McCown taking snaps with the 1's

Barry McCockinner

24 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You have to remember, there was a contingent here @T0mShane @Creepy Lurker that was opining that Darnold was not hurt at all the last 3 weeks. That this was somehow a ruse.

Best to play this smart, trust the medical doctors. That said, let him play.

I’ve been trying to not respond to you but you are clearly obsessed and making it impossible. You are also 100% WRONG about this. That was not my point at all and this is the last time I will explain it to you so others can see that you are being foolish. 

I only called you out in the early stages of this injury situation(right after it actually happened), because you arrogantly argued with everyone that was suspicious of the whole situation (which had many question marks). You treated people who questioned the severity of the injury like they had no basis at all and were beneath you. You knew for sure despite all the conflicting reports and train wreck that this team is. 

This wasn’t handled like a normal injury with the inconsistent reports and more reports came out about a power struggle between Mac and Bowles. Who knew if he was really injured enough to the point of not being able to play (yet other QBs have been playing banged up all year). Was it due to his meltdown 4 INT performance? There were LEGITIMATE questions. 

Even recently when arguing about this, you yourself said “it is NOT possible” that his benching was not just due to injury. That is a ridiculous statement because it was infact very possible. Just because your opinion is “I don’t think so”, doesn’t mean that another opinion is “impossible”. I even agreed with you before the game that it’s very possible that it’s due to injury but you refused to acknowledge anything and are impossible to converse with.

This is why I want nothing to do with you or your posts anymore. You are an arrogant, closed minded poster who refuses to see the other persons point and do not admit when you are wrong or being ridiculous.

I’ll show you how it works: I was WRONG about Darnold being 100% prior to the Bills game. He appeared (since we finally saw him after 4 weeks) to have enough of an injury where there was cause for being cautious.

Could he have played through the injury? Probably but I understand the cautious approach.  Does questioning the severity of the injury and the disorder of our coaches/gm seem “crazy” and far fetched? Not at all. Was it “impossible” as you said? It was definitely possible.

Just like it’s very possible that you are the most illiterate person on this board and incapable of understanding simple things. Please get a life and move on and drop it. You are embarrassing yourself at this point. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think, by opining, you mean “reiterating what the player who is standing around at practice said out of his own mouth.” But you’re not a wordsmith, as you’ve claimed.

I hear you, but given his noticeable limp and instant decision to head back to the locker room after being hit, I think we can safely state that Darnold was actually hurt.  

I'd suggest not chewing yesterday's breakfast any longer than you have to. 

58 minutes ago, varjet said:

Don't shoot me, but from my perspective I saw Darnold play well overall on Sunday.  Let him rest and stay healthy.  

Next year is a new coach, new system, etc.  

I'm with you!!

What do we think that Bowles and Bates are going to turn Darnold in to Joe Montana? 

LET HIM SIT!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You know how many player's say they are "fine", and yes, they feel fine, yet could still do damage by stressing an injury?

Did you not see Darnold limping during the game when the ankle was twisted? Was that a fake too?

He plays professional football for a living. 

Whats so hard about it? The team looked LIGHT YEARS  better with Sam on the field. Play the kid and stop the bullsh*t.

As for the RB well your guess is as good as mine. This bunch we have been trotting out there are just a bunch of jags anyway so at this point a warm body would be good. The RB situation was screwed from the get go IMO coming into this season and needs to be addressed BIG TIME in the off-season. I was not a fan of signing Bell but after watching these guys all season they almost have to sign him. Personally I don't think Macc can get it done but anything is possible.

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I hear you, but given his noticeable limp and instant decision to head back to the locker room after being hit, I think we can safely state that Darnold was actually hurt.  

I'd suggest not chewing yesterday's breakfast any longer than you have to. 

He clearly was hurt. Being cautious was smart if it was almost reinjured that easily. All the crap leading up to actually seeing for ourselves, is what caused suspicion is all.

I refuse to just take this organization at their word when people have agendas and it’s a dumpster fire. Being a lemming works for some people but I think being skeptical is more than ok at this point with this team. 

11 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He clearly was hurt. Being cautious was smart if it was almost reinjured that easily. All the crap leading up to actually seeing for ourselves, is what caused suspicion is all.

I refuse to just take this organization at their word when people have agendas and it’s a dumpster fire. Being a lemming works for some people but I think being skeptical is more than ok at this point with this team. 

This is fair. 

But, I would suggest that as horrible that this staff has been, there has never (and please let me know the one instance where I am incorrect then), been an instance where they have either played a player they should not have, nor benched a player because of play, and claimed it to be injury.

Shane was certainly more emphatic in posing this as a ruse, and even insinuated that Darnold may be thought of as a "puss" by his teammates in the future. You seemed to jump on this bandwagon. Maybe I misunderstand your stance. If so I apologize

Know this, Darnold is thought as the future by this franchise, and decisons of this level would be made in concert with John Mellody, Bowles and Mac, if not higher up, and done in the best interest of the health of the player.

And no, I do not put stock in that it was done to "win some games" for the Todder. It does not add up.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Know this, Darnold is thought as the future by this franchise, and decisons of this level would be made in concert with John Mellody, Bowles and Mac, if not higher up, and done in the best interest of the health of the player.

tfw you out-Witten Jason Witten

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1072562137892040704

hmmm - did we lose the edit code option? I used to embed tweets. 

Rich CiminiVerified account @RichCimini
FollowingFollowing @RichCimini
More

Josh McCown getting some first-team reps during the walk-through, which tells me Sam Darnold’s foot may limit his participation. #JetsNYJets2018.png

10:41 AM - 11 Dec 2018

GOOD NOW WE CAN LOSE OUT.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He plays professional football for a living. 

Matt Harvey plays professional baseball. This is what you said earlier in the year about him:

•  
  •   I just want to say that I kinda feel bad for Matt Harvey because he ruined his arm in service of the team, trying to win a championship. We would have murdered him if he shut it down in 2015 the way Boras wanted him to, and now he’s going to be Paul Wilson as a result of that. Kinda tragic, really.

I guess Sam Darnold deserves less.

•  
  •  
  •  ust want to say that I kinda feel bad for Matt Harvey because he ruined his arm in service of the team, trying to win a championship. We would have murdered him if he shut it down in 2015 the way Boras wanted him to, and now he’s going to be Paul Wilson as a result of that. Kinda tragic, really. 

32 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Matt Harvey plays professional baseball. This is what you said earlier in the year about him:

•  
  •   I just want to say that I kinda feel bad for Matt Harvey because he ruined his arm in service of the team, trying to win a championship. We would have murdered him if he shut it down in 2015 the way Boras wanted him to, and now he’s going to be Paul Wilson as a result of that. Kinda tragic, really.

I guess Sam Darnold deserves less.

•  
  •  
  •  ust want to say that I kinda feel bad for Matt Harvey because he ruined his arm in service of the team, trying to win a championship. We would have murdered him if he shut it down in 2015 the way Boras wanted him to, and now he’s going to be Paul Wilson as a result of that. Kinda tragic, really. 

Agreed that Sam Darnold shouldn’t push his innings limit with a repaired rotator cuff. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The terminal-doom scenario is that Darnold is being a puss. There really is no good explanation for holding him out

Scott I can explain to you why pressing a torn rotator cuff is bad and different than playing on a sore foot bud

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Scott I can explain to you why pressing a torn rotator cuff is bad and different than playing on a sore foot bud

First, Harvey's rotator cuff was not torn when the innings limit was reached. It had been repaired at the end of 2013.

But you are correct when you caution that injuries, especially for an athlete that a club is counting on, in a lost year, exercises caution.

Please show the link that Darnold's injury was only "soreness" I have not seen that.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Let Sam play with the foot the way it is. He looked good enough running 47 yards on that 7 yard TD pass. They said his X-rays were negative. The ******* foot is just sore! Let’s go, this is football. Let em’ go.

If we were in playoff contention I would agree 100% but this a Lost season, I would Not put him out there and risk the Franchise over a Meaningless game.

13 hours ago, Losmeister said:

so we arent fellating Unkl Jarsh cos he such a great mentor anymore?

what crock that was... disgustin that so many just swallowed that fecal matter like it was a friggin ice cream sundae

$10 millionto be a part time qb coach where do I sign up for this deal?

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Want to know how I think this plays out? With the Jets FO wanting to sit out Sam to end his season on a positive note. Because honestly, I could see them thinking that’s a good thing. It is beyond sad that these thoughts enter my mind, and I still root for a team that makes them happen.

Weren't you the Sherlock Holmes that thought darnold was originally faking his injury or that the team was faking the injury and then looked foolish when Darnold re-aggravated the injury in the bills game?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Weren't you the Sherlock Holmes that thought darnold was originally faking his injury or that the team was faking the injury and then looked foolish when Darnold re-aggravated the injury in the bills game?

I don’t think I’m the person you’re talking about. I did have my doubts about the severity of it though.

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I tend to agree. We saw what McCown has left in three starts. The answer -- absolutely nothing. I know we're giving him too much money but if Darnold really has issues I agree, play Webb.

"But but Josh gives us the best chance to keep my job errr I mean to win the game"   Todd Bowles

16 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm generally all in on bashing Bowles/Macc or whomever makes that decision, but wouldn't most teams rest the starter who has a foot problem even if it is just sore so that he can play on Sunday?

then play webb..

that way, everyone but coach bowles & possibly mccown are happy.. 

29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t think I’m the person you’re talking about. I did have my doubts about the severity of it though.

The fact that he took 3 weeks ago and re-injured it a few plays into his first game back should kind of put to rest the notion that the injury was a cover up for a benching. Or that Bowles was trying to win games with Mccown. 

There are two facts:

1- Darnold needs to play to get  better

2- Darnold should not play in meaningless games if he is at risk for getting seriously hurt. 

Could you imagine if Darnold seriously injured his foot because he was rushed back? The same idiots that are bashing the Jets for playing it safe would be killing the Jets for not playing it safe enough. 

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The way Bowles explained it was so confusing that any sane person would have had doubts about the severity. Sam saying he was fine didn't help either.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The fact that he took 3 weeks ago and re-injured it a few plays into his first game back should kind of put to rest the notion that the injury was a cover up for a benching. Or that Bowles was trying to win games with Mccown. 

There are two facts:

2- Darnold should not play in meaningless games if he is at risk for getting seriously hurt. 

Could you imagine if Darnold seriously injured his foot because he was rushed back? The same idiots that are bashing the Jets for playing it safe would be killing the Jets for not playing it safe enough. 

Aren't these 2 statements contradictory ? EVERY game we play the rest of the year is meaningless.

11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

The way Bowles explained it was so confusing that any sane person would have had doubts about the severity. Sam saying he was fine didn't help either.

Exactly. I was just about to post the same thing. The situation wasn’t handled well at all. Nobody wanted to see him play if he was seriously injured and at risk. Few think he was though, so let’s notmake him out to be Kellen Winslow here. The feeling I had was he had a foot minor issue, and could’ve played through it if necessary. Mostly everyone is banged up by this point of the season. Sam said he could play, and looked great in QB drills a week before. I still think the Jets thought a break would help him, things were beginning to spiral downward for him and a few weeks off to heal the ankle 100% and clear his head would be beneficial. Nothing that happened from the Miami game through last Sunday changed any of this perception that a lot of people had.

There are two facts:

If it's something like mild lisfranc the boot isn't on all day especially if your doing the annoying therapy on it during the day. You put it on when you're resting. So I could understand him not wearing watching practice.

He's young so it's probably just a temporary thing..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Aren't these 2 statements contradictory ? EVERY game we play the rest of the year is meaningless.

That was the point.

The Jets are in a difficult spot. If they play him and he gets hurt in a meaningless game the fanbase will be outraged. If the sit him to be safe, the fanbase will be outraged that he isn't playing/developing.

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That was the point.

The Jets are in a difficult spot. If they play him and he gets hurt in a meaningless game the fanbase will be outraged. If the sit him to be safe, the fanbase will be outraged that he isn't playing/developing.

You KNOW this fan base would be pissed about ANYTHING. Never seen anything like it. I feel sorry for Macc. He's wrong no matter what he does.

17 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I prefer watching the Jets win. I also think it's a lot better for the franchise if the Darnold led Jets finish the season 4-0 instead of whatever mess of 1-3.

Right...Sam led wins are a lot better than Josh led wins but, we can lose close games...like on last minute field goals with Sam playing well...that's ideal for me.  This team NEEDS TOO MUCH to win these useless games and move out of the top 5 picks.

Archived