Steph Curry says moon landing is a hoax

Blackout

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

Investment in space exploration is critical for the future of our species. Will also help more people in the long run. You have to balance the needs of the future along with the present, otherwise there will be no future.

Sure, but I can certainly sympathize with the position people are suffering here, today, and we should help them rather than worry about a distant future.

That, and I doubt very much future oriented thinking is on most of the minds of people supporting spending money on space exploration, while we scoff at global warming, continue to rely on oil, and eat animals here on earth.

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

I was comparing the roof to the moon in your photos (and sun to the earth)

Those are the exact photos that im saying arent true based on this scale of the Moon and Earth from 31 million miles away courtesy of NASA themselves. It is impossible to have such a scale at 31 million miles away yet produce pictures like that while standing on the moon.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Theres always a deeper conspiracy to retreat to when you successfully prove the current arguement wrong. Often these sorts are also textbook Dunning Kruger. Makes the whole exercise of debunking futile 

Nothing has been proven wrong. All  non skeptics are able to do, is say, "I don't believe you're right. They don't  have anything they can point specifically  to,  that proves their "belief"  as a truth/fact.

Pointing at a  tv or reading  material  provided for you by govt approval, is not proof of any kind. It's  just your "belief" in something. 

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You know, this is what the school system and social engineering has produced. 

The mental grip is strong. 

I need to just remember that, even though this can be frustrating. Not everyone has the eyes to see and ears to hear.

Ima leave this alone, as I said what needed to be said. 

It's funny, but everyone on the other side of this discussion is thinking the same exact thing. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Theres always a deeper conspiracy to retreat to when you successfully prove the current arguement wrong. Often these sorts are also textbook Dunning Kruger. 

55 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I need to just remember that, even though this can be frustrating. Not everyone has the eyes to see and ears to hear.

Textbook.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Yes, most of your so called knowledge, is based on you believing  textbooks. Not any ability  to think for yourself. You needed to be told what to think. And you need to feel comfort in believing what a majority  believe. 

Don't need to be told what to think, but also not afraid to learn.  Purposeful ignorance may work for you... I chose another way of living.

Interestingly, that's kind of exactly what Dunning Krueger is...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Don't need to be told what to think, but also not afraid to learn.  Purposeful ignorance may work for you... I chose another way of living.

Interestingly, that's kind of exactly what Dunning Krueger is...

Again, you are relying on a outside source to tell you how to think. That's' not learning. That's being trained like a monkey or parrot or dog. 

Lol you didn't  choose anything. Text books are chosen for you. You'e never actually chosen anything in your life.

Your choices are limited and chosen for you.  Based on materialism and govt approval. You'e never been free to choose anything.

School is the very definition  of being told what to think. 

When you were born, you learned an entire language on your own. With no paper, pencil, books. You didn't need an external crutch.

Then, it's your first day at school....see Dick run. Your  dumbing  down for the next 12 to 16 years has begun lol.

That's why home schooling was mocked early on. Govt understood that if they can't keep you bottled  up in a institution  for years. With the same mundane, daily routine/indoctrination. People would start to think for themselves. 

School is pathetic. By 6th grade you've learned as much as you need to, to communicate. It's a bunch of useless info after that. 

At home, you could learn 12 years if that crap, in 3 years, maybe even less.

They don't teach finance, law,  or how politics a really work. They want you as dumb as possible.. lol and train them to be smug about their ignorance. 

12 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Again, you are relying on a outside source to tell you how to think. That's' not learning. That's being trained like a monkey or parrot or dog. 

Lol you didn't  choose anything. Text books are chosen for you. You'e never actually chosen anything in your life.

Your choices are limited and chosen for you.  Based on materialism and govt approval. You'e never been free to choose anything.

School is the very definition  of being told what to think. 

When you were born, you learned an entire language on your own. With no paper, pencil, books. You didn't need an external crutch.

Then, it's your first day at school....see Dick run. Your  dumbing  down for the next 12 to 16 years has begun lol.

That's why home schooling was mocked early on. Govt understood that if they can't keep you bottled  up in a institution  for years. With the same mundane, daily routine/indoctrination. People would start to think for themselves. 

School is pathetic. By 6th grade you've learned as much as you need to, to communicate. It's a bunch of useless info after that. 

At home, you could learn 12 years if that crap, in 3 years, maybe even less.

They don't teach finance, law,  or how politics a really work. They want you as dumb as possible.. lol and train them to be smug about their ignorance. 

tl;dr

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Which is why you're ignorant. Takes 30 seconds or less. Go ahead and try.

My- see Dick run- analogy is spot on, about American  education

Not reading the ramblings of a lunatic doesn't make me ignorant.  It makes me discerning with how I spend my time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Which is why you're ignorant. Takes 30 seconds or less. Go ahead and try.

My- see Dick run- analogy is spot on, about American  education. 

Wait... so he's ignorant for not reading your post but you're enlightened becaus you don't read books?

Cognitive dissonance much?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Not reading the ramblings of a lunatic doesn't make me ignorant.  It makes me discerning with how I spend my time.

Excuses, excuses. Disagreeing about education  origins, has nothing to do with mental illness. I have looked into both sides. I am open minded. You continue  to stay on one  side with no knowledge  of the other. Ignorance is bliss 

You are still in a -see Dick run- frame of mind. :)

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Wait... so he's ignorant for not reading your post but you're enlightened becaus you don't read books?

Cognitive dissonance much?

Oh God....who said anything about not reading books?  You prove my point about lack of critical  thought and comprehension,  through the American  education system. 

4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Ahhh, the 70s and variety  shows. Is there anything now that compares  to that on a weekly basis?

I guess..just the reality contest singing shows? 

Donny and Marie

The Hudson  Brothers

Flip Wilson

Richard Pryor, did he have music guests on his?

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Sure, but I can certainly sympathize with the position people are suffering here, today, and we should help them rather than worry about a distant future.

That, and I doubt very much future oriented thinking is on most of the minds of people supporting spending money on space exploration, while we scoff at global warming, continue to rely on oil, and eat animals here on earth.

Interesting. I feel the opposite but I'm guessing you are talking more about Republicans who support NASA from a defense perspective 

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The mental grip is strong. 

Huh? Some of the smartest most out the box thinking people on this board + jetsfan80 are disagreeing with you here, and you are calling us dumb and easily controlled ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

Interesting. I feel the opposite but I'm guessing you are talking more about Republicans who support NASA from a defense perspective 

Honestly, I think it’s because most people think it’s cool.  Because there’s a lot of less cool, future-oriented things we could be doing, which would have a more immediate and still lasting impact on the species.

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

Huh? Some of the smartest most out the box thinking people on this board + jetsfan80 are disagreeing with you here, and you are calling us dumb and easily controlled ?

This is much like the climate change debate... Every dope thinks their ideas deserve equal time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is much like the climate change debate... Every dope thinks their ideas deserve equal time.

This reminds me of the Patton Oswalt bit about the need to respect everyone's ideas.

NO YOU DON'T.

You need to acknowledge everyone's idea and reserve the right to say, "no, that's batsh*t insane!"

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Ahhh, the 70s and variety  shows. Is there anything now that compares  to that on a weekly basis?

I guess..just the reality contest singing shows? 

Donny and Marie

The Hudson  Brothers

Flip Wilson

Richard Pryor, did he have music guests on his?

Carol Burnett Show. What a cast.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I drive a hybrid and just spent 60k on top of the line hvac and roof top solar. Environment is second to debt on my issue list and I have no issue with pulling out of the Paris accord. 

Climate change is a clear and unequivocal issue, solutions proposed by corrupt and idiot politicians not so much 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Honestly, I think it’s because most people think it’s cool.  Because there’s a lot of less cool, future-oriented things we could be doing, which would have a more immediate and still lasting impact on the species.

Sure, I'm not suggesting we devote a large portion of our budget to space exploration. Nasa is currently 0.49% of the entire budget. That's a blip on the radar and what we are learning can potentisl help avert any number of existential events including climate change 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1