POLL: How Certain Are You That Bowles Will Be Fired At The End Of The Season?

TuscanyTile2

POLL: How Certain Are You That Bowles Will Be Fired At The End Of The Season?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: How Certain Are You That Bowles Will Be Fired At The End Of The Season?

• I'm positive he'll be fired
    • I'm almost positive he'll be fired but I have a creeping doubt about it
    • I'm not overly confident about which way this goes
    • I'm pretty sure he'll be back next year
    • I'm positive he'll be back next year

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 04:59 AM

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He’s certain to be fired. No doubt whatsoever on my part that he’s kicked out the door on Black Monday.

Maccagnan is the big wild card.

I’d personally love to clean house but I wouldn’t consider it some sort of catastrophic scenario if Macc is retained. To me, so far he’s proven to be a middling GM who was never afforded the opportunity to hire his own HC. He’d have to be the world’s biggest jackass to make the trade up for Darnold and then proceed to totally neglect the offense around him, so I at least have faith that we’ll heavily invest in the offensive side of the ball for the foreseeable future if he remains in charge. 

Bell in free agency and Jonah Williams in the 1st round would be a pretty sweet ass step in the right direction.

Agree on Mac - total unknown.

Bell in FA and whichever OT best fits the new staffs scheme (Jonah Williams, Greg Little, Jawaan Taylor) will work for me. I don't like the thought of paying Bell that much money but he could be used in the passing game a lot, I mean a lot. and that would be crucial to pair with Herndon as "safety net/comfort" for Darnold. Plus it can help open the field in passing/running game. 

We still need a pass rusher and a WR, but I am talking myself more into being okay with spending money on Bell.  

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

100% done.  As ignorant as the Johnson's are, even they realize that the league has become significantly slanted towards offense and need an offensive minded coach. The only question that remains for me is what caliber of HC will the Jets attract. 

Johnsons:  "So, ______ (hotshot coach with options), any questions for us?"

Coach:  "Yeah.  So I know Mike is the GM here.  Do I answer to him?"

J:  "No, not really, you report directly to me."

C :  "What if I want to have a say in personnel decisions?"

J:  "You tell me then I'll tell Mike."

C :  [Silence]

Maccagnan:  "Hey, want some cupcakes?"

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think we’d be pulling from the Jack Del Rio/Marvin Lewis/Rams QB coach end of the pool, myself. 

As Bit has pointed out, the Johnsons like cheap, and that end of the pool is cheap.

DelRio would be an unmitigated disaster here; he's dumb and bad. If they float that idea, better to simply promote Kevin Greene(who will some day get a shot) and be done with it.  Wouldn't like that idea, but if they try to sell DelRio, damn that would be very f__ed up. There's nothing good about him. Made a mess everywhere he has been. 

Real concern is the Johnsons don't understand their lack of structure means good people avoid this place. And they will not take the leap to look at any of the college guys who's offensive ideas are the real cutting edge. They are again going to look at career NFL assistants who will work cheap. 

I’ve said it before: if the Jets want to play the 2019 season to a sh** ton of empty seats they’ll keep Bowles for another year. But how the F can they? Here’s a guy who comes to the post game presser with the same story every week for the last 4 years. And even admits that he doesn’t know how to turn around this undisciplined, lack luster clusterfuk of a team. C’mon man!!!

No way this guy gets a pass even if they were to win the last few meaningless games.

Archived