Mike (don't call me Don) Zimmer is looking very overrated

jetstream23

He had a great run to the 2017 NFC Championship Game last year winning on a lucky last-second play over the Saints before getting destroyed in Philadelphia.  Other than that, pretty Meh in my opinion.

Since 2014 he has had 4 Offensive Coordinators!  4!

Even worse, not one but two of those Offensive Coordinator changes took place IN-SEASON!

This guy is looking very overrated in my opinion.  Lots of talent on that team.  Tough division and tough schedule this year but that's no excuse.

Am I missing something about Zimmer?

The Vikings went all in this year in a big way trying to win a Super Bowl. They have an extremely small (maybe one more year) window to get it done before they’ll have to blow it up for cap reasons. I actually think we have a better future then they do two years down the road.

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The Vikings went all in this year in a big way trying to win a Super Bowl. They have an extremely small (maybe one more year) window to get it done before they’ll have to blow it up for cap reasons. I actually think we have a better future then they do two years down the road.

I heard that years ago when we brought in Idzik, had 12 picks, then fired REX, brought in MACC and Toilet to blow it up and well, here we are.  ? SOS.   SOJ   .

27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I heard that years ago when we brought in Idzik, had 12 picks, then fired REX, brought in MACC and Toilet to blow it up and well, here we are.  ? SOS.   SOJ   .

No, I am 53 years old and this QB we have is the best I have seen that we have had in my life that can make a difference for us. If anyone thinks O'Brien and Pennington were as good a prospect as Sam they are mistaken. Neither one could make even the 2 plays Sam made to Anderson in the 2nd half last Sunday.

22 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

No, I am 53 years old and this QB we have is the best I have seen that we have had in my life that can make a difference for us. If anyone thinks O'Brien and Pennington were as good a prospect as Sam they are mistaken. Neither one could make even the 2 plays Sam made to Anderson in the 2nd half last Sunday.

Kenny O could throw long all day long

7 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Absolutely but without a terrific management team, coaches etc... it will be for nothing.  We need a GM to bring in players that can complement him.  

Zimmer and Marrone learning the same tough lesson that Coughlin had to: when your team hits a lull, you can’t just scream at it anymore. You’ve gotta thread the needle in terms of discipline now: asserting control while not driving players off a cliff. I think Belichick and Carroll have it right—if you have a malcontent, you very publicly ostracize him, and if he’s still a malcontent after that, you get him out of your building immediately. Never let the younger players see a veteran player push you around, or you’re dead.

8 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Zimmer's fooled their owner for awhile. He's on the hot seat next year if they don't do anything.

JMO

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I always thought Zimmer was kind of a dinosaur.  A run-run kind of guy who will never stop thinking that defense wins games.  Everyone knows that their run last year was not due to him, it was due to the fact that Case Keenum sold his soul to the devil

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Kenny O could throw long all day long

It was not just throwing long.  And he had Wesley Walker to throw to, who was usually open downfield.  Robby was not open.  The Buffalo pass D is good.  It was very cold. The game was on the line.  I thought O'B was a decent/good QB wh got beaten to death back there.  I resent himbecause I blame him for all those late passes that led to Al Toon getting concussed.  But he was getting beat up himself.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

That man inherited one of the most talented young rosters in the AFC and never won a single playoff game but he could throw the ball long! 

Kenny O would have twisted his legs into a pretzel trying to make that move Sam did when he spun around & went to his left, lol. Kenny wore cement shoes. 

4 hours ago, jack48 said:

It was not just throwing long.  And he had Wesley Walker to throw to, who was usually open downfield.  Robby was not open.  The Buffalo pass D is good.  It was very cold. The game was on the line.  I thought O'B was a decent/good QB wh got beaten to death back there.  I resent himbecause I blame him for all those late passes that led to Al Toon getting concussed.  But he was getting beat up himself.

Wasn't knocking what Darnold has shown.  Just saying Kenny could throw.  I was more impressed with Darnolds rollout, reversing field and throwing a strike to Anderson file a TD BTW.  You have to be excited by Darnold

Check out Zimmers wins this year. I mean it is so like Todd Bowles. Beating teams under .500, weird no show losses, Bills 27- Vikings 6, Pats 24-10 (never close), Seahawks 21-7 (21-0 really), they tied & beat the Packers.

Wins vs 49ers (3-10), Eagles early by 2 (6-7), Cardinals (3-10), Jets (4-9),  Lions (5-8). 

This looks like Bowles in 2015. Wins vs teams a combined 26-51-1 ooh, that's impressive! Lol.

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Kenny O would have twisted his legs into a pretzel trying to make that move Sam did when he spun around & went to his left, lol. Kenny wore cement shoes. 

He would have fallen down just trying to turn

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Like clockwork you jump in missing the point as usual. 

Like clockwork you praise those that do not deserve praise and bash those that do all because some pretty highlights impress you

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He would have fallen down just trying to turn

Like clockwork you praise those that do not deserve praise and bash those that do all because some pretty highlights impress you

Like clockwork you start an argument downgrading a Jet QB for not being named Sanchez.

All I said was that Kenny could throw long.  This simple, one line got your little panties twisted.  Had to bring up who he had, playoffs and whatever nonsense you can think up for no apparent reason.  

You're too predictable.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Like clockwork you start an argument downgrading a Jet QB for not being named Sanchez.

All I said was that Kenny could throw long.  This simple, one line got your little panties twisted.  Had to bring up who he had, playoffs and whatever nonsense you can think up for no apparent reason.  

You're too predictable.  

I just discuss reality, I'm sorry that offends you.

I just wish you knew your stuff so we can engage in intelligent debates rather than you just hitting schoolyard insults all the time

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I just discuss reality, I'm sorry that offends you.

I just wish you knew your stuff so we can engage in intelligent debates rather than you just hitting schoolyard insults all the time

You really don't get it.  I said he threw the long ball.  You're ranting because of that. 

Yes, it's me who isn't intelligent enough. LOL.  

Archived