I’m going to get fried but I’m warming up to hiring McCarthy

Patriot Killa

I feel like the Packers roster has sucked. I don’t think it was built very well on offense. They only drafted Devonte Adams and then never looked for any other weapons once Cobb became washed up, Jordy Nelson left and Greg Jennings retired.(they tried with Jimmy Graham) I think they felt Aaron could pull the Brady thing off where they don’t need to spend on players for offense and he would rise their playing levels. They became infatuated with fixing the defense with their picks and then ignored the offensive side of the ball pretty well — funny thing is a lot of those defensive picks failed. HaHa-ClintonDix was traded this season. Their CB2 went to the Browns. They never progressed with their plan and the offense/defense both became stagnant after awhile. Just stuck in place.

now McCarthy isn’t perfect. He is a little hard headed with his play calling but he was head coach and at least apart of the development of Aaron Rodgers. Brett wasn’t giving this guy tips. Someone is the genius behind the progression. Sure Rodgers is responsible for a very big portion of reaching this level but McCarthy did well managing the situation and he definitely didn’t do anything to hinder the development.

Lots of solid coaches have only one 1 SB with a great QB or none at all!

Dungy/Peyton

Andy Reid is 0-1

Brees/Payton

Shula/Marino

Football is a game of momentum and anything can be everything in a game as far as the final results goes. He’s come close. He’s been to NFC Championship games well after and it just hasn’t worked out. Think he has been to 2 NFCCG since the super bowl win. It’s not like he won it in 2010 then miserablely failed. He has a damn good W/L record overall.

Regular season: 122 wins to 77 losses. That’s good for a .618 winning %

Post season: 10 wins for 8 losses(.556 W%)

Career: 135 to 85 (.613 W%)

I’ve been thinking hard on the HC hiring and I’m starting to think maybe hiring an experienced offensive minded successful coach — despite his flaws — is more reasonable than going rookie HC again. 

He’s stubborn but it’s hard to see why he would approach a new job with the same mindset that got him fired from his last job. He’ll hire an OC. consult and figure out the best game plan and put Darnold in a better situation.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a well established professional coach, with extensive playoff experience and a super bowl ring. Plus he is an offensive minded coach. I'm not totally against him either. This organization is desperate for some leadership and NFL experience. 

3 minutes ago, Barkus said:

He is a well established professional coach, with extensive playoff experience and a super bowl ring. Plus he is an offensive minded coach. I'm not totally against him either. This organization is desperate for some leadership and NFL experience. 

I just feel like hiring this guy and McKenzie might would be the fastest way to seeing a Jets turn around.

how do you leave a guy with that record on the table for other teams? Interview him immediately. Fired HC’s that become available are never that established. After all our coach hirings how are Jet fans turning their noses up at this?

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel like the Packers roster has sucked. I don’t think it was built very well on offense. They only drafted Devonte Adams and then never looked for any other weapons once Cobb became washed up, Jordy Nelson left and Greg Jennings retired.(they tried with Jimmy Graham) I think they felt Aaron could pull the Brady thing off where they don’t need to spend on players for offense and he would rise their playing levels. They became infatuated with fixing the defense with their picks and then ignored the offensive side of the ball pretty well — funny thing is a lot of those defensive picks failed. HaHa-ClintonDix was traded this season. Their CB2 went to the Browns. They never progressed with their plan and the offense/defense both became stagnant after awhile. Just stuck in place.

now McCarthy isn’t perfect. He is a little hard headed with his play calling but he was head coach and at least apart of the development of Aaron Rodgers. Brett wasn’t giving this guy tips. Someone is the genius behind the progression. Sure Rodgers is responsible for a very big portion of reaching this level but McCarthy did well managing the situation and he definitely didn’t do anything to hinder the development.

Lots of solid coaches have only one 1 SB with a great QB.

Dungy/Peyton

Andy Reid is 0-1

Brees/Payton

Shula/Marino

Football is a game of momentum and anything can be everything in a game as far as the final results goes. He’s come close. He’s been to NFC Championship games well after and it just hasn’t worked out. Think he has been to 2 NFCCG since the super bowl win. It’s not like he won it in 2010 then miserablely failed. He has a damn good W/L record overall.

I’ve been thinking hard on the HC hiring and I’m starting to think maybe hiring an experienced offensive minded successful coach — despite his flaws — is more reasonable than going rookie HC again. 

He’s stubborn but it’s hard to see why he would approach a new job with the same mindset that got him fired from his last job. He’ll hire an OC. consult and figure out the best game plan and put Darnold in a better situation.

Cmon now, lol. You made a great argument for Toub last week. Convinced a bunch of us. Now you’re on this guy already? You’re never getting a GM job in this league if you’re going to want to hire a new coach every week!

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dungy/Peyton

Andy Reid is 0-1

Brees/Payton

Shula/Marino

At least credit your sources, bro. Wow. Plagiarize much?

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Cmon now, lol. You made a great argument for Toub last week. Convinced a bunch of us. Now you’re on this guy already? You’re never getting a GM job in this league if you’re going to want to hire a new coach every week!

I’d be fine with either of them and only after further considering have I come to the conclusion that McCarthy wouldn’t be that bad at all. I’m not just exclusively holding my interest into one candidate. 

I kinda see what some of the fans who said “I don’t wanna risk it on a rookie HC with Darnold’s development on the line” were saying bro. 

I still love Toub and thinks he deserves a shot but I’m warming up to McCarthy too.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dont take the ideas of others and present them as your own. It's bad form. 

Everything else in this post is of my thought process. I didn’t see the big deal. It’s not like I copied and pasted an entire article and called it mine. I used a fellow posters examples to drive home the point in my own writing.

sorry if it actually got you angry though. Next time if I ever need your 4 coaching examples again, I will “@“ you.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Everything else in this post is of my thought process. I didn’t see the big deal. It’s not like I copied and pasted an entire article and called it mine. I used a fellow posters examples to drive home the point in my own writing.

sorry if it actually got you angry though. Next time if I ever need your 4 coaching examples again, I will “@“ you.

Thank you would suffice. For the idea and subsequent lesson in manners. 

You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Can’t be too bad considering his ability to win games.

Yeah, I remember a lot of miracle wins, some ridiculous last second hail marys, that probably had nothing to do with him. 

He is low on my list. I see your points but you said it yourself, he's hard-headed on his play calling. 

I need to see more candidates.

39 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dungy/Peyton

Andy Reid is 0-1

Brees/Payton

Shula/Marino

Well you got fried for this post but for copying someone else’s work :-)

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe include a bibliography or footnotes next time? ?‍♂️ 

If we are hiring a coach because of his clock management skills then we are in trouble. Andy Reid was long considered the worst clock manager in the game. He was also ran out of town in Phily. McCarthy is my #1 realistic choice for the position. Seriously- who the heck else is out there? 

48 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dungy/Peyton

Andy Reid is 0-1

Brees/Payton

Shula/Marino

I cannot get it out of my head that Rodgers lack of orthodoxy has played a large part in his and the Pack's success over the years.  So many of his big plays seem improvised.  You really do not coach improvisation.  I pass on McCarthy. But I am not opposed to hiring a former head coach.  Well, maybe not Jack Del Rio

23 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah, I remember a lot of miracle wins, some ridiculous last second hail marys, that probably had nothing to do with him. 

He is low on my list. I see your points but you said it yourself, he's hard-headed on his play calling. 

I need to see more candidates.

1.) Miracle wins account for, what, 4-5 of his 135 wins?

2.) as my last point stands, why would he approach his new job in the same way that got him fired from his last? (AKA: Play calling stubbornness)

I don’t care anymore. It doesn’t matter who the coach is, who the GM is, who the starting QB is or anyone else. The ******* team always figures out a way to **** it up. I really don’t care who we hire. 
Unfortunately I've felt this way after Parcells. Talk about pessimism...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Unfortunately I've felt this way after Parcells. Talk about pessimism...

I’m 47 and they haven’t one a super bowl or even a championship since I was ******* born. Every time we get a new coach, GM or QB everyone is all excited and planning their Jets super bowl party just to get kicked in the nuts 3 years later. 

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m 47 and they haven’t one a super bowl or even a championship since I was ******* born. Every time we get a new coach, GM or QB everyone is all excited and planning their Jets super bowl party just to get kicked in the nuts 3 years later. 

We have our QB and it all starts there, trust me.  ?

I know all about it...

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I got fired up about Rex. That's it. The rest of them.....I've known they were total shyte the day they were hired. 

Herm? LOL

ManGina? Nope.

Bubba? Please. 

All jokes.

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It doesn't matter who the coach is.  We've got people around here telling us that the Quarterback makes the coach successful.  So, it's all on Sam apparently.  Let's see whose career he elevates!

Aaron Rodgers put the work in but he didn’t get around the steep learning curve of playing QB all by himself.

I have a feeling the Browns might try to scoop McCarthy up. Best believe he will be wanted by teams. Just because JN posters don’t want him doesn’t mean experienced NFL Front Office members won’t. 

He’s legit and it’s rare an established coach shakes loose.

Archived