Who would be willing to sign “ fire mac “

Jetsplayer21

petition? The giants impressed me last yr by firing that idiot macadoo in season, something that is rare, mostly due to fans demand..  Otherwise they would have waited till end of yr like everybody who fires a coach.. I kinda of feel like the Johnson bro retards don’t really value fans opinion in same way. time for a friendly reminder.. Without us fans they nothing.. all of us know removing Mac is the best thing for the team.. wether Johnsons are too dumb, or cheap to realize reality, we have to put our foot down and demand it.. If the little Johnsons refuse or ignore a “ fire mac petition “ we have the power to make them feel it.. if we aren’t sheep.. hopefully the threat of losing its core base of fans, would be enough to fire the worst gm in nfl.. What are your thoughts on this ?

Bowles is getting fired. He is the recognizable face of this team's failures over the last 4 years. 95% of Jets "fans" have no idea who McCagnan is and couldn't pick him out of a lineup.  Nobody outside of us die hards on fan boards know or care about MM, firing him does nothing for PR and actually could hurt the teams rep leaguewide (instability). 

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Petitions and banners are pointless. If ownership doesn’t see it, they are the problem. They are in fact the root of pretty much all problems with this team so no sense in going crazy when the biggest issue still exists (Johnson bros.). 

They have to see it.. even just on the biz side.. every wasted draft pick needs to be replaced by signing a player.. good cheap draft picks save owners $$.. being 1 of worst teams in nfl effects Their business also.. Johnsons bros are like little children leaning to dive, they are on edge probably with firing Mac, but probably won’t do it without a little push off the edge..

Just because 10 loud guys on JN keep saying he sucks every day doesn't mean that's what the majority of fans think.  I suspect the overwhelming majority of Jet fans rightfully view Bowles as the far and away main culprit in this debacle of a season.

Could Macc improve?  Yes

Is he getting fired?  No

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

They have to see it.. even just on the biz side.. every wasted draft pick needs to be replaced by signing a player.. good cheap draft picks save owners $$.. being 1 of worst teams in nfl effects Their buasiness also.. Johnsons bros are like little children leaning to dive, they are on edge probably with firing Mac, but probably won’t do it without a little push off the edge..

Trust me, I hate Mac but it’s pointless to get worked up over is all that I’m saying. Extra efforts like petitions/banners can make us look bad and shouldn’t have to be done in the first place. If ownership is truly this clueless (they seem to be), we are screwed anyways. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Just because 10 loud guys on JN keep saying he sucks every day doesn't mean that's what the majority of fans think.  I suspect the overwhelming majority of Jet fans rightfully view Bowles as the far and away main culprit in this debacle of a season.

Could Macc improve?  Yes

Is he getting fired?  No

I think more than 10 people feel this way. The poll a few weeks ago was like 70% in favor of firing him. He does for a fact suck. Bowles is even worse but Mac is close enough to Bowles level that he should go too. He probably won’t but he definitely should. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Could Macc improve?  Yes

Is he getting fired?  No

Also, it’s only really being said daily in the “Fire Mac” thread so it stays visible. It’s been beaten to death but that’s kind of the purpose of that thread. That’s as far as I’d want to go as I am against petitions and banners etc.

I’m sure it will have ZERO impact but I’m sure writers check out these boards so who knows. He needs more pressure from the media. Wishful thinking is all but not realistic. 

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Trust me, I hate Mac but it’s pointless to get worked up over is all that I’m saying. Extra efforts like petitions/banners can make us look bad and shouldn’t have to be done in the first place. If ownership is truly this clueless (they seem to be), we are screwed anyways. 

I agree.. if I thought a “ sell the team “ Petiion would work id start that ha. But that is more of a pipe dream.. I Don’t expect owners to listen to us little sheep fans on everything, but anyone with a clue about football knows mac is a horrible gm.. if we really got serious about this it could help, and I think it would be Way way more then 10 people @Pac  ?‍♂️?

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

I agree.. if I thought a “ sell the team “ Petiion would work id start that ha. But that is more of a pipe dream.. I Don’t expect owners to listen to us little sheep fans on everything, but anyone with a clue about football knows mac is a horrible gm.. if we really got serious about this it could help, and I think it would be Way way more then 10 people @Pac  ?‍♂️?

We just have to luck into a good coach/QB/GM or even all 3 and we will be set. Hopefully we have the QB. 

19 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You "hate" a guy that works for the football team you root for? You "Hate" him?

Really?

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

You "hate" a guy that works for the football team you root for? You "Hate" him?

Really?

I’m not sure because I don’t think hate is a strong enough word. How could I not “hate” the person most responsible for the poor management and roster that is holding this team and young QB back? 

At the next high tea:

QUEEN: Oh Woodrow, I have just received notice from my staff that some communication has come from your country about firing Mac? 

WOODY: They want me to fire a raincoat? Oh wait, it has something to do with the football club. I really should look into how they are faring one of these days. Uh, would you mind getting this corgi off my leg?

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m not sure because I don’t think hate is a strong enough word. How could I not “hate” the person most responsible for the poor management and roster that is holding this team and young QB back? 

I don't know.  I hated Osama Bin Laden. I hate the scumbag Antifa guy in Seattle that told the NYPD Widow he was glad her husband died on 9/11 because he was a "pig". 

A guy that picks ballplayers for a sports team? That by all accounts is just a normal, every day guy? Yeah, no.

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I don't know.  I hated Osama Bin Laden. I hate the scumbag Antifa guy in Seattle that told the NYPD Widow he was glad her husband died on 9/11 because he was a "pig". 

A guy that picks ballplayers for a sports team? That by all accounts is just a normal, every day guy? Yeah, no.

I don’t hate the man, I wish him well.. iI would respect him if he stepped down knowing he has been a disaster for the jets..He can manage a dicks sporting goods maybe, I would give him my business if he left voluntarily... 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

petition? The giants impressed me last yr by firing that idiot macadoo in season, something that is rare, mostly due to fans demand..  Otherwise they would have waited till end of yr like everybody who fires a coach.. I kinda of feel like the Johnson bro retards don’t really value fans opinion in same way. time for a friendly reminder.. Without us fans they nothing.. all of us know removing Mac is the best thing for the team.. wether Johnsons are too dumb, or cheap to realize reality, we have to put our foot down and demand it.. If the little Johnsons refuse or ignore a “ fire mac petition “ we have the power to make them feel it.. if we aren’t sheep.. hopefully the threat of losing its core base of fans, would be enough to fire the worst gm in nfl.. What are your thoughts on this ?

Any owner who fires a HC because of fans is an idiot.  Compound it by firing a HC when you have absolutely no one on staff who deserves or should be even a fill in HC.  Have no clue what the infatuation is with firing anyone before the end of the season and what some think it actually brings to the team and players.  So, LOL, put your foot down.

43 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The reason you're not getting a grass roots movement like there was with Idzik is because Macc is nowhere near as bad as Idzik.

I know it's fun to keep beating a dead horse about a mid 2nd round pick from 3 years ago but lately things are looking up.  Darnold, Herndon, McGuire, Anderson, Avery Williamson,  all look like good decisions.

We don't know about Parry Nickerson yet because Bowles refuses to play him but in his limited time he showed passion.  He made some good and bad plays but the passion stood out.

At the end of the day the Macc hate is overblown and IMO overly critical.

He's made some bad moves and some good moves....  like every GM ever.

I have faith the team will improve significantly once Bowles is dismissed.  I think Macc has shown enough to warrant hiring his own coach that shares his philosophy and reports to him.  He does however have to show more backbone as it pertains to drafting based on his and his scouting staffs recommendations rather than the HC and their staff.  Ideally the GM and HC agree on most choices but when they don't Macc has to go with who he wants.  Period. 

A more conventional structure should allow him to make moves unfettered.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

I know it's fun to keep beating a dead horse about a mid 2nd round pick from 3 years ago

Devin Smith, Bryce Petty, Lorenzo Mauldin, Jarvis Harrison, Justin Burris, Chad Hansen, ArDarius Stewart, Dylan Donahue, Jordan Leggett(?)

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

but lately things are looking up. 

We’ve been 5-11 two years in a row and might not even match that total this season.

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

Darnold, Herndon, McGuire, Anderson, Avery Williamson,  all look like good decisions.

So McGuire looks like a good decision after an average day in which a 35 yarder made his stats look average in the first place? Avery was an FA. Herndon looks decent.

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Any owner who fires a HC because of fans is an idiot.  Compound it by firing a HC when you have absolutely no one on staff who deserves or should be even a fill in HC.  Have no clue what the infatuation is with firing anyone before the end of the season and what some think it actually brings to the team and players.  So, LOL, put your foot down.

Jet nut you haven’t been around much.. remember when you thumbed your nose  at me and said I was crazy when I predicted Bates would be bad for jets, and would be ultra conservative.. so” lol “back at ya ?

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

The reason you're not getting a grass roots movement like there was with Idzik is because Macc is nowhere near as bad as Idzik.

I know it's fun to keep beating a dead horse about a mid 2nd round pick from 3 years ago but lately things are looking up.  Darnold, Herndon, McGuire, Anderson, Avery Williamson,  all look like good decisions.

We don't know about Parry Nickerson yet because Bowles refuses to play him but in his limited time he showed passion.  He made some good and bad plays but the passion stood out.

At the end of the day the Macc hate is overblown and IMO overly critical.

He's made some bad moves and some good moves....  like every GM ever.

I have faith the team will improve significantly once Bowles is dismissed.  I think Macc has shown enough to warrant hiring his own coach that shares his philosophy and reports to him.  He does however have to show more backbone as it pertains to drafting based on his and his scouting staffs recommendations rather than the HC and their staff.  Ideally the GM and HC agree on most choices but when they don't Macc has to go with who he wants.  Period. 

A more conventional structure should allow him to make moves unfettered.

lol. Wow.. so being better then izdik is the only requirement to equal a decent gm?? 1 blow pick ? Are you high ? Mac is worst gm in nfl

48 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

lol. Wow.. so being better then izdik is the only requirement to equal a decent gm?? 1 blow pick ? Are you high ? Mac is worst gm in nfl

Didn't say 1 blown pick.

Disagree on your Macc opinion.  Like all the beat writers do and owners will in a couple weeks.

6 hours ago, Pac said:

This is wrong and, as per usual, incredibly dim. The single, solitary reason that Maccagnan hasn’t been driven out like Idzik is because Francesa and Manish hated Idzik and they like Maccagnan. That’s it. I know Pac lives in Western New York near the Love Canal industrial waste site, but for the rest of you, try this: listen to Francesa for an hour today, then google the headlines of Manish’s last five articles, then go to any bar in the tri-State area and ask anyone what they think about any NY sports-related topic. They will recite for you, almost verbatim, whatever Francesa discussed that day or, if it’s Jets related, the inane bullsh*t that Manish wrote about that week. Most fans aren’t obsessively on message boards like us losers and instead peel all of their sports knowledge from casual interaction with the two loudest and most pervasive sources: Francesa and Manish. Maccagnan’s #1 survival skill isn’t competence, it’s fealty to the media. 

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is wrong and, as per usual, incredibly dim. The single, solitary reason that Maccagnan hasn’t been driven out like Idzik is because Francesa and Manish hated Idzik and they like Maccagnan. That’s it. I know Pac lives in Western New York near the Love Canal industrial waste site, but for the rest of you, try this: listen to Francesa for an hour today, then google the headlines of Manish’s last five articles, then go to any bar in the tri-State area and ask anyone what they think about any NY sports-related topic. They will recite for you, almost verbatim, whatever Francesa discussed that day or, if it’s Jets related, the inane bullsh*t that Manish wrote about that week. Most fans aren’t obsessively on message boards like us losers and instead peel all of their sports knowledge from casual interaction with the two loudest and most pervasive sources: Francesa and Manish. Maccagnan’s #1 survival skill isn’t competence, it’s fealty to the media. 

Weren't you also a resident of Western NY? 

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fat mike is so biased against the jets and Mets, he is about as credible as CNN..

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Love him More than winning ?

love him more than 90% of their fan base?  

If we made them choose it’s a no brainer..

Have you been around since 2001?  The Johnsons don’t care about winning and the fans will show up next season for at least the first half of the season because of Sam

Archived