Neutral End Zones this Weekend at MetLife

JetsFanatic

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What would be symbolic of total ineptitude would be to build a 2nd NY stadium and spend twice as much because a few selfish fans think a shared building makes them second class anything and can't get over it.  That would have been inept and dumb.  

Not really. But I have vision and you don’t 

and thered only be one actual NY stadium 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The rotting corpse of Shea is so much more impactful. As far as the other days of the year, there’s a lot of creative things that could be done if you had creative people. So every other NFL team has to pay twice as much.  Boohoo

Considering that the vast majority of the country doesn't live by NY prices, that's not at all true.  Although it's pretty comical that you want to "boo hoo" about the team not needlessly spending hundreds of millions more, if not billions, while you're going on about how what other people do with some random building when the Jets aren't in it makes you sad.

What happens those other days is entirely meaningless, so the team would been idiotic to piss away money just to help make some fans be less emo.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Considering that the vast majority of the country doesn't live by NY prices, that's not at all true.  Although it's pretty comical that you want to "boo hoo" about the team not needlessly spending hundreds of millions more, if not billions, while you're going on about how what other people do with some random building when the Jets aren't in it makes you sad.

What happens those other days is entirely meaningless, so the team would been idiotic to piss away money just to help make some fans be less emo.

Yeah you’re totally not an emo Jets fan. You can sarcastically mock and over exaggerate my emotional connection to this all you like, but it’s what needed to be done to take foothold of the city, the right billionaire ownership would have understood this and got it done along with having a better product on the field. Again, the two are mutually symbolic of each other

Looking back;
The vagiant politician who blocked the WSS was convicted of corruption charges - should be in jail
Woody has to regret not paying the "bribe" of $250m for the roof considering the estimated value of the team today and what it would have been worth in Manhattan 
I have not been there but from all of the feedback the new stadium in the swamp is the worst design of all the new stadiums - also probably the most profitable due to the location, follow the money
How many years until the Jets can escape?  20 more? - Oakland is suing the Raiders so that should be interesting - don't see public money paying for many more of these stadiums with the money the NFL is making
Many will disagree but the WSS would have been a hit. The Giants did not want the Jets playing in Manhattan. That's for sure. I don't tailgate a 1/4 what I used to in the past but I could see people missing it. It would have been a boom for food places and bars right outside the stadium. I'm sure the rent per square foot right near it would have been astronomical..

Oh well, the NJ Jets...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yeah you’re totally not an emo Jets fan. You can sarcastically mock and over exaggerate my emotional connection to this all you like, but it’s what needed to be done to take foothold of the city, the right billionaire ownership would have understood this and got it done along with having a better product on the field. Again, the two are mutually symbolic of each other

No one would be celebrating the great establishment of the Jets' as they sucked just as much in their new private stadium as they do in this one.  The beginning, middle, and end of what actually has any meaning to it is what happens on the field, and the stadium has no influence on that.  There is a very long list of things to rightfully hate this team for, and the stadium doesn't even make the top 1000.

Absolutely no one cares other than some select fans.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Not really. But I have vision and you don’t 

and thered only be one actual NY stadium 

Lol, yes I don't share the vision where a team enhances itself because they don't play in a shared stadium.  I don't envy everything about the Shltty Giants and have a need to distance myself from the logical move of sharing a stadium when each team only needs 8 dates a year.  

No one cares that they play in NJ except non STHs and people who want the stadium close to where they live.  It's just the way it is

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

No one would be celebrating the great establishment of the Jets' as they sucked just as much in their new private stadium as they do in this one.  The beginning, middle, and end of what actually has any meaning to it is what happens on the field, and the stadium has no influence on that.  There is a very long list of things to rightfully hate this team for, and the stadium doesn't even make the top 1000.

Absolutely no one cares other than some select fans.

Bullocks. The sharing of another team’s stadium, whom you’ve been playing in the shadows from, is unequivocally a microcosm of the team’s second rate status. It’s not the end all but surely a smudge on their already scattered landscape of sh*t. Would winning cure most ails, of course, however the losing is symbolic of the organizational leadership, itself. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol, yes I don't share the vision where a team enhances itself because they don't play in a shared stadium.  I don't envy everything about the Shltty Giants and have a need to distance myself from the logical move of sharing a stadium when each team only needs 8 dates a year.  

No one cares that they play in NJ except non STHs and people who want the stadium close to where they live.  It's just the way it is

Except you’re clearly using yourself as the only reference to that assumption. I on the other don’t give a sh*t where they play either, however recognize the continueous impact it’s had on the franchise being considered, second rate. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Except you’re clearly using yourself as the only reference to that assumption. I on the other don’t give a sh*t where they play either, however recognize the continueous impact it’s had on the franchise being considered, second rate. 

Actually no, I use the fact that there isn't a STH who sits with or near me who thinks a shared stadium makes us a second rate org.  That's left for people like you who have their priorities totally F'dup.  No one anywhere considers the Jets a second class organization because of a shared stadium.  Except to whiney fans in the fanbase.  Question, do these imagined people think the same about the Giants?  Of course not, it's a I'm an insecure Jets fan thing.  

I'll never ageee with this ludicrous idea so let's just drop it and agree to disagree to the impact.  

On 12/13/2018 at 12:00 PM, TeddEY said:

And no one wants to stop and consider how bad it would be to for games to be in Manhattan.

MSG has a capacity of about 20K.  Metlife has a capacity of 82K.  Even if you cut that to 60K, explain to me how you move 60K people in and out of lower Manhattan on a Sunday.  Or, were you hoping to be back at Flushing/Corona - because if there's one place that never has traffic, it's the GCP...

You don't think more than 80K travel to the City every weekday that don't on a Sunday?  NYC does not have the infrastructure to move people?  

I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to keep fans warm while allowing the players to play in the elements.  In cars, they have temperature control for each passenger.  It would be awesome if fans could watch in comfort while the players had to deal with the cold.  

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually no, I use the fact that there isn't a STH who sits with or near me who thinks a shared stadium makes us a second rate org.  That's left for people like you who have their priorities totally F'dup.  No one anywhere considers the Jets a second class organization because of a shared stadium.  Except to whiney fans in the fanbase.  Question, do these imagined people think the same about the Giants?  Of course not, it's a I'm an insecure Jets fan thing.  

I'll never ageee with this ludicrous idea so let's just drop it and agree to disagree to the impact.  

I think you're missing the point of the bigger picture. I get you Ronnie, Sal and his wife from Wayne are all happy with the stadium where it is. 

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to keep fans warm while allowing the players to play in the elements.  In cars, they have temperature control for each passenger.  It would be awesome if fans could watch in comfort while the players had to deal with the cold.  

Considering that I guess the Jets and Giants only have to pay half what other teams do, it really brings the MetLife sh*thole even more to life. 

32 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't think more than 80K travel to the City every weekday that don't on a Sunday?  NYC does not have the infrastructure to move people?  

Not to mention at least a third of those people would have been coming over the river on a ferry or walking bridge and then heading right back after the game...

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

More do, but they also run bus lanes, the tunnels switch directions, and do all kinds of things to make rush hour run smooth-ish that you’re then going to ask them to have to do on Sundays.  Go to Penn Station around a Ranger Game, and then multiply that by 4.  No one who lives here wants to deal with that.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fire pits bro. What could go wrong?

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They probably could put heating vents under seating but it would be very costly and have to be done when building new construction. 

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think you're missing the point of the bigger picture. I get you Ronnie, Sal and his wife from Wayne are all happy with the stadium where it is. 

Actually you dont get in on any level.  

Where are your seats?

11 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Retractable roof offers a choice though.  That's what I don't get.  Could have had the best of both worlds.

There is no choice, how does closing a roof in bad weather give anyone a home field advantage? 

Funny thing is those who dont go to games actually believe that those of us who go to games have cold weather as a hardship.  Ive been going and freezing since Shea.  Yeah it gets cold at times.  Dress accordingly and enjoy a live game.  There is an alternative. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There is no choice, how does closing a roof in bad weather give anyone a home field advantage? 

Funny thing is those who dont go to games actually believe that those of us who go to games have cold weather as a hardship.  Ive been going and freezing since Shea.  Yeah it gets cold at times.  Dress accordingly and enjoy a live game.  There is an alternative. 

I have been to more games than probably 90% on here, I have no issue with the elements.  I have sat through torrential rain, a snowstorm, high winds, brutal cold, brutal heat, etc...  I always hear about how we would have lost homefield advantage if we had a roof but we've played at MetLife almost 9 full seasons now and what homefield edge have we had there?  The only real advantage I remember was at the old meadowlands when they had the awful grass from 2000-2002.  That was an advantage with our players being used to that awful surface.  

I wouldn't prefer a dome but it would have been great to have a NYC stadium.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually you dont get in on any level.  

Where are your seats?

I’m not a season ticket holder which is irrelevant to the discussion. You seem to think this is all about you and your opinion which I’m not even trying to change or agrue. I will argue however that a stadium in NYC is what the Jets as a franchise needed to do to help get out of the Giants shadow, that it would have gained a large amount of new fans to the base, and provided pride and created a completely different culture within the organization and mindset of the fans, media and players on a national scale.

50 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m not a season ticket holder which is irrelevant to the discussion. You seem to think this is all about you and your opinion which I’m not even trying to change or agrue. I will argue however that a stadium in NYC is what the Jets as a franchise needed to do to help get out of the Giants shadow, that it would have gained a large amount of new fans to the base, and provided pride and created a completely different culture within the organization and mindset of the fans, media and players on a national scale.

Of course its relevant.  Its nice for someone who doest go to games, who doesnt get up at 8, leave the house at 9 for a 1 PM game to whine how it would have been so much better if we were in NYC and all of us who have a bad enough time today fighting traffic would be better off leaving even earlier to get into the city for a game.  Screw our tailgating.  Why, because it would be, you know, really cool to have a stadium in the city to make some feel better about their team.  As if there ever was, in any way, a drop off being a fan of either the Giants or Jets when they left the city that didnt want them.

No one is in the shadow of the other sharing a stadium.  Again, thats for insecure Jets fans who think of themselves that way.  Truth is if the stadium situation was different those fans would find another reason to feel inferior

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I have been to more games than probably 90% on here, I have no issue with the elements.  I have sat through torrential rain, a snowstorm, high winds, brutal cold, brutal heat, etc...  I always hear about how we would have lost homefield advantage if we had a roof but we've played at MetLife almost 9 full seasons now and what homefield edge have we had there?  The only real advantage I remember was at the old meadowlands when they had the awful grass from 2000-2002.  That was an advantage with our players being used to that awful surface.  

I wouldn't prefer a dome but it would have been great to have a NYC stadium.

Shockingly we agree on something, 100% :)

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Of course its relevant.  Its nice for someone who doest go to games, who doesnt get up at 8, leave the house at 9 for a 1 PM game to whine how it would have been so much better if we were in NYC and all of us who have a bad enough time today fighting traffic would be better off leaving even earlier to get into the city for a game.  Screw our tailgating.  Why, because it would be, you know, really cool to have a stadium in the city to make some feel better about their team.  As if there ever was, in any way, a drop off being a fan of either the Giants or Jets when they left the city that didnt want them.

No one is in the shadow of the other sharing a stadium.  Again, thats for insecure Jets fans who think of themselves that way.  Truth is if the stadium situation was different those fans would find another reason to feel inferior

it never gets old with season ticket holders, congrats on your elite level fan status. Yours is the only opinion that matters. Now that that’s established, I’ve been going to a game a year since I was a kid. I also don’t really give a crap in the big picture, I barely even like the team, my emotional connection is probably more to this site than to the team. I’m just saying as matter of factly, w dead pan objectivity that from a macro perspective, ie building brand and team relevance on a national and regional stage, not having their own stadium in NYC, when it was the obvious intent, will forever remain a black smudge on a franchise who already has plenty to boot imo. When it’s brought up it bothers me to comment on it, doesn’t mean I’m overtaken by it or give any thought otherwise. All that said you trying to come off like MetLife was the optimal scenario for anyone other than the Johnson’s and season ticket holders from North Jersey, is either disingenuous or selfish based on your own personal situation.

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

it never gets old with season ticket holders, congrats on your elite level fan status. Yours is the only opinion that matters. Now that that’s established, I’ve been going to a game a year since I was a kid. I also don’t really give a crap in the big picture, I barely even like the team, my emotional connection is probably more to this site than to the team. I’m just saying as matter of factly, w dead pan objectivity that from a macro perspective, ie building brand and team relevance on a national and regional stage, not having their own stadium in NYC, when it was the obvious intent, will forever remain a black smudge on a franchise who already has plenty to boot imo. When it’s brought up it bothers me to comment on it, doesn’t mean I’m overtaken by it or give any thought otherwise. All that said you trying to come off like it was the optimal scenario for anyone other than the Johnson’s and season ticket holders from North Jersey, is either disingenuous or selfish based on your own personal situation.

What doesn't get old is people bitching about the stadium who don't go.  Tell those of us who do what works be better for us.  Why do would care?  You don't like the team or their home.  Would like them more if they played in Manhattan. 

Thanks for establishing that.

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So you’d think it’d have been great to have a stadium in NYC too? Excellent.

You're confused thinking that because I don't give a damn that they play in NJ in a shared stadium that it would sick to be in NYC.  Bitch to the politicians who screwed that one up with 2 teams, not to fans who don't feel slighted playing where we are. 

This is as pointless an argument as there is, no one is adversely effected by playing at MetLife.  

21 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Many will disagree but the WSS would have been a hit. The Giants did not want the Jets playing in Manhattan. That's for sure. I don't tailgate a 1/4 what I used to in the past but I could see people missing it. It would have been a boom for food places and bars right outside the stadium. I'm sure the rent per square foot right near it would have been astronomical..

I think it would have been a huge hit with the majority of NFL fans, it probably does not matter for some die hard fans but the bandwagon would be full,  "Jerry's world" gives the Cowboys positive press plus a part of the College Football Playoff National Championship and they have not been very good on the field...

We will still a small glimpse of what would have been, when the Raiders move to Vegas 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What doesn't get old is people bitching about the stadium who don't go.  Tell those of us who do what works be better for us.  Why do would care?  You don't like the team or their home.  Would like them more if they played in Manhattan. 

Thanks for establishing that.

Youre still talking about yourself, I’m referring to the franchise, not you Sal and Ronnie.

my personal relationship to the team is as irrelevant to yours. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You're confused thinking that because I don't give a damn that they play in NJ in a shared stadium that it would sick to be in NYC.  Bitch to the politicians who screwed that one up with 2 teams, not to fans who don't feel slighted playing where we are. 

This is as pointless an argument as there is, no one is adversely effected by playing at MetLife.  

I’m bitching in a Jets forum in a thread  pertaining to it, the fact that it’s a pointless argument is also irrelevant.  Of course it is. We’re on message board which is nothing but a ways to pass time, gather information and discuss your opinions. You’re sorta gonna have to deal with it

I think it would have been a huge hit with the majority of NFL fans, it probably does not matter for some die hard fans but the bandwagon would be full,  "Jerry's world" gives the Cowboys positive press plus a part of the College Football Playoff National Championship and they have not been very good on the field...
We will still a small glimpse of what would have been, when the Raiders move to Vegas 
Definitely a big deal and again the Giants wanted it to fail big time. Heck I've never heard Mike Francessa have such an agenda against it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

20181215_120831.thumb.jpg.d0494b1f0d1a51090efe9ba4f1464534.jpg

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Youre still talking about yourself, I’m referring to the franchise, not you Sal and Ronnie.

my personal relationship to the team is as irrelevant to yours. 

No, youre talking about yourself.  You're just not willing to say it.  Im saying me, Sal and Ronnie dont believe that the team would be elevated to a higher level playing in their own stadium.  No one thinks that other than a handful of fans.  And your thinking of your own selfish reasons when you whine over and over how they should have their own stadium.  No one with an ounce of logic can make any sense out of doubling up on a near 1 Billion dollar investment when theres a stadium begging to be shared and is free for a full year minus 8 days.  So dont go there

16 hours ago, TeddEY said:

More do, but they also run bus lanes, the tunnels switch directions, and do all kinds of things to make rush hour run smooth-ish that you’re then going to ask them to have to do on Sundays.  Go to Penn Station around a Ranger Game, and then multiply that by 4.  No one who lives here wants to deal with that.

Who lives near the Javitz or MSG?

Archived