Whats your favorite memory as a Jets fan?

VinnyT16

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 9 years old and was with my dad and older brother with seats at the 35 yard line, 12 rows from the field at the AFC Championship game in 1968 between the Jets and Oakland Raiders.

Joe Namath hung in tough and beat the Raiders in a very close and good game that propelled the Jets to the Super Bowl.

This was easily my best memory as a Jets fan.

Been around along time & seen lots of both good & bad from our Jets. But I have to say the best memory I have & the best time I had was 1998/1999. Specifically Jan 10, 1999 AFC Divisional Playoff, Jets vs Jags.  Jets won behind Vinny T & the feeling at the Meadowlands was electric!!!! For the time being we thought for sure we were going all the way......until....well...Elway got in the way. That was a fun ride!!!

Anyone else at this game??? Now this was a great night!!!!

Oct. 17, 1988 ­— Bills 37, Jets 14

The “Pumpkin Game” featured 41 incidents of improper behavior in the stands, 15 arrests and 56 ejections. Fans burned complimentary paper hats in the stands and batted around an inflated pumpkin. This game led to the stadium halting beer sales after halftime during night games.

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Going down to our last home playoff game at the old meadowlands stadium and watching Pennington & company peckerslap Peyton Manning on the Colts 41-0 on wildcard weekend. I was sure Pennington was the next Joe Montana that day.

The home game against the Packers that year as well was a great memory.

16 minutes ago, stevie90 said:

Anyone else at this game??? Now this was a great night!!!!

Oct. 17, 1988 ­— Bills 37, Jets 14

The “Pumpkin Game” featured 41 incidents of improper behavior in the stands, 15 arrests and 56 ejections. Fans burned complimentary paper hats in the stands and batted around an inflated pumpkin. This game led to the stadium halting beer sales after halftime during night games.

Good stuff.  I never heard about this.

51 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The home game against the Packers that year as well was a great memory.

Yes sir - I was at that one too, it was week 17. I remember tail gating in the parking lot and we needed some underdog to win to make the game even have playoff implications. Everyone was watching it or listening on the radio. I think it was Miami vs NE and Ricky WIlliams went off. Stadium went wild early in the 1st quarter when the deal was sealed. Packers stood no chance!

48 minutes ago, stevie90 said:

Been around along time & seen lots of both good & bad from our Jets. But I have to say the best memory I have & the best time I had was 1998/1999. Specifically Jan 10, 1999 AFC Divisional Playoff, Jets vs Jags.  Jets won behind Vinny T & the feeling at the Meadowlands was electric!!!! For the time being we thought for sure we were going all the way......until....well...Elway got in the way. That was a fun ride!!!

Honor this noble poster. If you’re not 75 years old, your only good memory of the Jets was Parcells-related. If you answer anything else, you are a troll and should be cast into the hell-fires of Mordor.

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes sir - I was at that one too, it was week 17. I remember tail gating in the parking lot and we needed some underdog to win to make the game even have playoff implications. I think it was Miami vs NE and Ricky WIlliams went off. Stadium went wild early in the 1st quarter when the deal was sealed. Packers stood no chance!

Yup - Field goal on the big screen.  Place was on fire.  Probably the most fun I've had at a game.

1 hour ago, stevie90 said:

Yup!  Was at that game with my fiancee at the time.   Bitterly cold but couldn't feel a thing except excitement.  Keyshawn Johnson had a stat line that I doubt will ever be repeated.  He had a TD reception, a TD rush, a Fumble Recovery and an INT all in one playoff game. (Google it kids!) There is no way that's ever happening with a single player again.

Lots of favorites...

Took my Dad to Miami in 1998 to watch Parcells and the Jets beat the Dolphins.

Going to the 1986 Jets-Dolphins shootout (51-45 the game that made me a Jets fan)

Trip to San Diego for the 2009 playoff win over the Chargers and the pre-party with @Paradis @TokyoJetsFan and many others.

Beating the Patriots and Tom Brady in the last Jets-Patriots game ever played at the old Meadowlands.

And of course, the most thrilling win besides SBIII in winning at the Patriots in the playoffs.

For me it was the green lantern game down in Tampa, probably because I was there. Keyshawn had just been traded that season and they even photoshopped his head onto the game tickets. 

It was a complete monsoon just before kickoff, one of the worst storms I've ever seen and they wouldn't allow us to get to our seats until just before kickoff because rivers were flowing down the aisles. 

And then CuMar shaked off that glove.

The 1998 season. Almost everything about that year. Lived in Boston. Was bartending, was still in my 20s, had great friends and watched a great season in a fun town.... Great memories all thw way till the third quarter in Denver (watched that game in Dublin). Broke up with my then fiance shortly after.

1999 sucked for me.

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The 1998 season. Almost everything about that year. Lived in Boston. Was bartending, was still in my 20s, had great friends and watched a great season in a fun town.... Great memories all thw way till the third quarter in Denver (watched that game in Dublin). Broke up with my then fiance shortly after.

1999 sucked for me.

1998 was easily the best team that had a chance for a SB in my lifetime. Foley gets replaced by Testaverde and we go on the best streak in franchise history.

If only we squeaked past the Broncos.

Sorry about your 99 ?.

Archived