Dissecting the most inexcusable playoff drought in Jets history

Jetmech

I agree that it all starts at the top which is why I dread firing Maccagnan because Woody and Christopher will just make another bad hire and continue the trend. I think Mac is getting better at the draft game, which is not a sure thing, and I think he should hire the next HC and go forward from there in lock step. The important thing is getting good OC and QB coach for Darnold. 

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

I agree that it all starts at the top which is why I dread firing Maccagnan because Woody and Christopher will just make another bad hire and continue the trend. I think Mac is getting better at the draft game, which is not a sure thing, and I think he should hire the next HC and go forward from there in lock step. The important thing is getting good OC and QB coach for Darnold. 

People keep saying Maccagnan is getting better, better how exactly?   Big deal he had Darnold fall in his lap and found Herndon in the 4th round.  That’s supposed to erase the absolutely abysmal drafts he had in the past?  Shepherd and Cannon are underwhelming so far, and I bet aren’t even on the roster by 2020.  

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

People keep saying Maccagnan is getting better, better how exactly?   Big deal he had Darnold fall in his lap and found Herndon in the 4th round.  That’s supposed to erase the absolutely abysmal drafts he had in the past?  Shepherd and Cannon are underwhelming so far, and I bet aren’t even on the roster by 2020.  

Agreed. 

If you've been the absolute worst at doing your job for 4 years and in your last year you got slightly better than the absolute worst, this is suddenly a reason to keep someone on board?  Slightly better than not the absolute worst?

Standards are getting real low around here.  The defense looked better with Bowles calling the plays for a couple of weeks, should we keep him around for that too?

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Even more amazing is the home playoff game drought. I think 2002 was the Chad Indy game, right? Unreal. Most younger Jet fans have NEVER seen them play a home playoff game. That is freaking unbelievable.

I just always assumed there was a league rule precluding the jets from playing a home playoff game 

Archived