Crowell to IR - Out for Season

JetFreak89

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blessing in disguise.  Forces Bowles to give McGuire and Cannon as many touches as they can handle.

I agree. Split their reps like they had Crowell's and Powell's and let's see what they can do. The front office needs to know just how much they need to put into the position in the offseason. Powell is 30 with a Quincy Enunwa-type neck injury, he might be done. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

and yet they won last week with darnold.   

That's why people "should have" been excited after last week's win.  After not

scoring for weeks, Darnold comes back and generates 27 points.  That's what

you want to see in your franchise QB, not improving your draft position!!!

Just now, slats said:

I agree. Split their reps like they had Crowell's and Powell's and let's see what they can do. The front office needs to know just how much they need to put into the position in the offseason. Powell is 30 with a Quincy Enunwa-type neck injury, he might be done. 

The neck has not been an issue this season

Just now, DetroitRed said:

The neck has not been an issue this season

Agreed, but Quincy isn't a 30-year-old RB. It was a long rehab for Q, too. Powell probably won't get signed in the offseason. He'll most certainly have to rehab on his own and hope to sign with someone during training camp - if he's going to play again at all. 

And I say this as someone who's been a long time fan of Powell. 

18 minutes ago, slats said:

Agreed, but Quincy isn't a 30-year-old RB. It was a long rehab for Q, too. Powell probably won't get signed in the offseason. He'll most certainly have to rehab on his own and hope to sign with someone during training camp - if he's going to play again at all. 

Powell had a very long career.  8 years is long for a RB who plays at least 50% of snaps

Keeping Jag RBs is the Jet way. Instead of just drafting some new ones. The Crowell signing was just stupid. You sign STUDS in your going to free agency for backs. Look at last nights game, backups did fine for Chargers & Chiefs. 

Bell is a super star. Theres a reason he's a top 3 pick in fantasy. Crowell? Just another jag back! 5 million, come on Macc, your killing me with these dumb GM mistakes.

Just now, Jetster said:

Keeping Jag RBs is the Jet way. Instead of just drafting some new ones. The Crowell signing was just stupid. You sign STUDS in your going to free agency for backs. Look at last nights game, backups did fine for Chargers & Chiefs. 

Bell is a super star. Theres a reason he's a top 3 pick in fantasy. Crowell? Just another jag back! 5 million, come on Macc, your killing me with these dumb GM mistakes.

Crowell wasn’t as bad a signing as Ridley or Forte.  He at least had a couple really good games this year and can still run hard unlike those other two clowns who were both finished

49 minutes ago, slats said:

I really like the guy as well.

But, that is the reality for a almost 30 year old running back coming off a major injury

2 hours ago, KRL said:

agree, but just not interested in prolonging the pain at HC

IMG_8133.jpg

The NY Jets have placed Isaiah Crowell on I.R. and filled his roster spot by promoting De’Angelo Henderson to the active roster. The move ends the season for Crowell who finishes with 685 rushing yards. He averaged 4.8 yards per carry on the season, but that number is inflated because he had 219 yards rushing against the Broncos. The Jets offense as a whole has struggled with consistency this season and Crowell only surpassed 50 yards rushing in three games this season (Lions, Broncos & Titans).

Jets placing RB Isaiah Crowell on IR, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 14, 2018

We've activated RB De'Angelo Henderson and placed RB Isaiah Crowell on IR.

? https://t.co/cfe7JCokAe pic.twitter.com/upgimyhaQf

— New York Jets (@nyjets) December 14, 2018

Henderson has spent the majority of the 2018 campaign on the Jets’ practice squad and was activated to the 53-man roster for the team’s Week 8 matchup against the Bears. The second-year pro was released the following week and re-signed to the practice squad.

A sixth-round pick of the Broncos in the 2017 draft, the 5’7”, 208-pound Henderson appeared in five games last season for Denver and had nine touches including one scoring reception. The Coastal Carolina product played in 50 games for the Chanticleers and rushed for 4,635 yards and 58 touchdowns. Henderson also recorded 97 receptions for 921 yards and six scores.

Stop by our forums to read more about Isaiah Crowell to IR.

The post Crowell To IR; Henderson Promoted appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
QPWGGe9FFfg

Click here to read the full story...

3 hours ago, slats said:

Cannon doesn't belong in the  Majors, no size, no wiggle, can't catch.

Just about every team in the league has a free agent or low round RB

better than him

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blessing in disguise.  Forces Bowles to give McGuire and Cannon as many touches as they can handle.

I'm more interested in seeing Henderson than Cannon.  TBH, I feel like i've seen enough Cannon.

15 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

sh*t.

Also, unless they've got Bell or some crap don't cut him. Why do that? Just to save two million? I'd rather keep him around if or until something better comes along.

He's not a winning player, it's addition by subtraction.  He's very talented but a knucklehead.  We will be better off without him

12 hours ago, KRL said:

C'mon KRL.  Those things are not mutually exclusive.  You can want to see good, improving QB play from a rookie who is developing and scoring points AND hope that the Jets get a great draft position.

My dream scenario tomorrow.... Sam Darnold goes 27 for 33, 305 yards, 2 TDs and no INTs as the Jets lose 27-26 to the Texans.  Merry Christmas everyone!  And a belated Happy Hanukkah to the rest!

34 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

C'mon KRL.  Those things are not mutually exclusive.  You can want to see good, improving QB play from a rookie who is developing and scoring points AND hope that the Jets get a great draft position.

My dream scenario tomorrow.... Sam Darnold goes 27 for 33, 305 yards, 2 TDs and no INTs as the Jets lose 27-26 to the Texans.  Merry Christmas everyone!  And a belated Happy Hanukkah to the rest!

What about kwanza?

18 hours ago, slats said:

I hope Bates is installing some different RB looks.  Neither of these guys is a Crowell type runner

Archived