JETS V TEXANS GAMEDAYYYYYYY THREAD GET UP COME ON

T0mShane

It’s a Saturday special, folks. After that rousing win last week over fullquarterback Josh Allen, the Jets take on MVP candidate Deshaun Watson, who was drafted after Jamal Adams*. Texans are a robust seven point favorites on the road, which is crazy considering the electric atmosphere at Giants Stadium But With Green LEDs Sometimes. Anyway, should be a good game. I’m going to a Christmas party where there is one of those grab bag things where the person who picks after you can steal your gift if they don’t like theirs or some sh*t, so I’m sure to be pissed. Go team.

*Jamal Adams is not an MVP candidate.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a Saturday special, folks. After that rousing win last week over fullquarterback Josh Allen, the Jets take on MVP candidate Deshaun Watson, who was drafted after Jamal Adams*. Texans are a robust seven point favorites on the road, which is crazy considering the electric atmosphere at Giants Stadium But With Green LEDs Sometimes. Anyway, should be a good game. I’m going to a Christmas party where there is one of those grab bag things where the person who picks after you can steal your gift if they don’t like theirs or some sh*t, so I’m sure to be pissed. Go team.

Oh yes he is!

*Jets MVP

Here’s something to watch in anticipation of the game. Would be nice if Chad and/or Romo would work with Sam this offseason and go over some of his film with him. Chad was the best QB we’ve ever had at reading an NFL Defense. He didn’t have the arm but he was accurate and could dissect a defense. Romo and Chad would have Sam twice as prepared for next season.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Feeling pretty neutral about this one. 

Gotta try to win so that <checks notes> Brian Winters and Trumaine Johnson can experience a winning culture, but you also want to lose so you can stay in that draft sweet spot where you can pick up the third best defensive end prospect.

I'm trying to figure out how we are going to move the sticks.  All our offensive weapons gone, Sam will have to be flawless to eek out a win.  Going to be honest and say I'm very worried about this game.  Anyway I will be rooting my ass off for a great upset! And...

Go Jamal Adams!

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I haven't been keeping up this week.  I know Crowell is out and Henderson is up from the PS.

Are McGuire and Cannon expected to play?

Yup.  Mcguire and Cannon should play.  And DeAngleo Henderson was activated off the PS.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Mcguire and Cannon should play.  And DeAngleo Henderson was activated off the PS.

Thanks Lith.  With Enunwa out, give me a 2 back formation with McGuire and Cannon all day.  I don't be think either will ever be an every down back, but I want to see what they can add to the passing game.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Thanks Lith.  With Enunwa out, give me a 2 back formation with McGuire and Cannon all day.  I don't be think either will be an every down back, but I want to see what they can add to the passing game.

I’d like to see Henderson get some time. Seems like a dynamic dude

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Im actually gonna break down and go down to the club here and watch the game with the rest of us A-hole Jets fans. Great group of guys here.  GO JETS!!!

http://www.charlottejetsfans.com/1/

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Thanks Lith.  With Enunwa out, give me a 2 back formation with McGuire and Cannon all day.  I don't be think either will ever be an every down back, but I want to see what they can add to the passing game.

Looking forward to seeing some of Henderson -- and I would  love to see more of Mcguire in the passing game.  Still think he can be a really good 3rd down back if given the chance.  Cannon has a ways to go, never seems to be on the same page with Darnold, but he is a small school rookie, may as well give him some reps now.

As for Crowell, do not like that dude at all.  He is definitely one of those guys where I root for the jersey, but not necessarily the guy in it.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Im actually gonna break down and go down to the club here and watch the game with the rest of us A-hole Jets fans. Great group of guys here.  GO JETS!!!

http://www.charlottejetsfans.com/1/

I will be doing the same in Chicago today.  Game on national TV, though.  And a 4-9 record.  I am wondering what the turnout will be.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Here’s something to watch in anticipation of the game. Would be nice if Chad and/or Romo would work with Sam this offseason and go over some of his film with him. Chad was the best QB we’ve ever had at reading an NFL Defense. He didn’t have the arm but he was accurate and could dissect a defense. Romo and Chad would have Sam twice as prepared for next season.

Thanks for posting this. I haven't been following as closely as years past where I would be sure to watch every press conference and interview I could find. Love hearing CP break it down, he was always a great student of the game. I hope they can bring him in to help work with Darnold. 

Is there a young QB in this league with less weapons? OMG, it's literally like a CFL group. But, I'm always interested to watch Sam to see his development. If he can get anything done with this group it's a win. Every offensive series is like chopping wood with a dull Axe. 

Especially against this group, Watt, Clowney, Mercillus. These are the types of situations that will groom him for his coming out party in the near future when we surround him with playmakers. When you have to fight for every inch that sh*t will bode well in future tight games where your focus has to be pin sharp on every play. 

We don't have to win for Sam to have a great day. It's a team game & Sam playing with guys that would be picked last in the schoolyard.

Archived