JETS V TEXANS GAMEDAYYYYYYY THREAD GET UP COME ON

T0mShane

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems we may have dodged a bullet regarding the rain. Tailgate ready (homemade carrot soup, pasta w/ham and peas in a mushroom-sherry sauce, martinis, etc) and just waiting for Mrs. C to finish layering up to head to the swamp.

I like this 4:30p Saturday start. Not too early to have to get up for and not too late to get home for some evening activity.

Gonna be sad when we realize that it will be months until we get to do this again (if we are lucky)

Have a good game folks and try not to get too aggravated :)

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Last time you made a game day thread we got our asses tore out the frame.?

Do you really believe the person who starts the game thread is a variable in the outcome of an NFL football game? We need to explore this. Now if we were talking about checking out sheep's entrails or throwing virgins into a volcano, okay, but...

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Do you really believe the person who starts the game thread is a variable in the outcome of an NFL football game? We need to explore this. Now if we were talking about checking out sheep's entrails or throwing virgins into a volcano, okay, but...

Do you actually believe that I believe that?

well I do

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

They’re not running on the Texans so it will be interesting to see if bates comes up with anything to get the ball downfield.  I wonder if they’ll use Burnett today with enunwa out.

I think we're going to need some major turnovers to stay in the game.  Maybe Leo will finally step up for us and do something?!? 

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I had enough of him when he was at Georgia.  Consensus top HS RB in the nation when we got him.  Drugs charges, weapons charges, pretty sure there were other off field issues as well.  Had a rep for being a selfish player, bad teammate, never got along with the coaching staff.  Great talent, but I was thrilled to see him go when we kicked him out of school after his freshman year.  Then when he was in Cleveland, he posted that represhensible image on instagram of a police officer getting his throat slit.  And we signed him anyway.  Embarrassing.

He is a bad dude.  I do not want to root for him.  I do not want him on my team.  I hope he never plays another down for the Jets.  Bell, Mcguire, Cannon and maybe a rookie for next season.  No need for Crowell.

Did he not take you for a ride in the slam sedan, biyatch?? (NOT calling you b*tch).

LOL. The Crowell Hype Video is the best thing on You Tube. CAW! CAW!

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Here’s something to watch in anticipation of the game. Would be nice if Chad and/or Romo would work with Sam this offseason and go over some of his film with him. Chad was the best QB we’ve ever had at reading an NFL Defense. He didn’t have the arm but he was accurate and could dissect a defense. Romo and Chad would have Sam twice as prepared for next season.

Chad for next HC

But in all seriousness,  I think today is going to be a bloodbath. My little dudes birthday (7!?!)  was Wednesday,  but we were all sick, so we're celebrating today. His request? He wants my parents to come up and all of us go to dinner at his favorite restaurant,  Outback Steakhouse. LOL. So that's where I'll watch most of our upcoming shellacking.  

I will console myself with cold beer and a bloomin onion, and suffer the consequences later. 

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

But in all seriousness,  I think today is going to be a bloodbath. My little dudes birthday (7!?!)  was Wednesday,  but we were all sick, so we're celebrating today. His request? He wants my parents to come up and all of us go to dinner at his favorite restaurant,  Outback Steakhouse. LOL. So that's where I'll watch most of our upcoming shellacking.  

I will console myself with cold beer and a bloomin onion, and suffer the consequences later. 

Actually sounds like a fun day. Happy Birthday to the little Engine, and show him how to attack that Blooming onion like a man!

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hope you have a good day with the big guy.

My daughter, who is in her 20s now, was born on Feb 14.  Used to spend every Valentine's Day at Chuck E Cheese.  Outback for the Jet game is not a bad option, and at least you will be distracted if it is a blood bath.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Texans are fattening Jamal up with compliments. 

The old belichick treatment.

DeAndre hopkins is going to have 12  catches for 200 yards, 10 of those catches on short crossing patterns in which avery willimanson has been asked to cover.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a Saturday special, folks. After that rousing win last week over fullquarterback Josh Allen, the Jets take on MVP candidate Deshaun Watson, who was drafted after Jamal Adams*. Texans are a robust seven point favorites on the road, which is crazy considering the electric atmosphere at Giants Stadium But With Green LEDs Sometimes. Anyway, should be a good game. I’m going to a Christmas party where there is one of those grab bag things where the person who picks after you can steal your gift if they don’t like theirs or some sh*t, so I’m sure to be pissed. Go team.

*Jamal Adams is not an MVP candidate.

:rolleyes:

Archived