JETS V TEXANS GAMEDAYYYYYYY THREAD GET UP COME ON

T0mShane

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They didn't show you something last year by winning 100 games?  They only lost in postseason to a team that won 108 in regular season.  Yankee fans are spoiled.

Nah, they didn’t. They loaded up and lost. Made a big trade for Stanton and then folded in the playoffs. It was World Series or bust. They busted. They need a pitcher. 

It will be hard to stop a mobile Qb with the talent of Watson. Plus Hopkins can torch them. It would be nice to see Trumaine Johnson continue the improved play and at least try to be an impact player. I think Sam will be ok, the Jets might open it up more but we lose by 10. Texans 27 Jets 17.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

To pull off upset, Jets must contain Texans QB Deshaun Watson

New York faces third straight mobile QB on Saturday at MetLife

By Deesha Thosar | Dec 14 | 8:33PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Oct 29, 2017; Seattle, WA, USA; Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (4) passes against the Seattle Seahawks during the first quarter at CenturyLink Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports (Joe Nicholson) Oct 29, 2017; Seattle, WA, USA; Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (4) passes against the Seattle Seahawks during the first quarter at CenturyLink Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports (Joe Nicholson)

The Jets will be put to the test on Saturday afternoon when they face Houston Texans quarterbackDeshaun Watson at MetLife -- the third mobile quarterback New York will face in as many weeks. 

Sam Darnold and the Jets are riding high after snuffing Josh Allen and the Bills of a win with a last-minute comeback drive on Sunday in chilly Buffalo. New York can expect another tough game against Watson, a 23-year-old triple-threat making his mark in Houston.

Watson entered the NFL scene as the Texans' No. 12 overall pick in the 2017 draft. He faced adversity after a phenomenal start to his rookie season last year, passing for 1,699 yards in his first six games and tying for the NFL lead in passing touchdowns with 19. 

After a 41-38 loss to the Seahawks, the Texans were preparing to turn the page in a tough battle against the Colts on Nov. 5, 2017 when Watson tore his ACL in Thursday practice. Watson underwent season-ending right knee surgery, and the Texans finished the remainder of the season going 1-8.

Fast forward to 2018, and the second-year quarterback is picking up right where he left off. The 6-foot-2, 220-pound Watson has returned to throw 22 touchdowns and run for 410 yards with two more scores for the 9-4 Texans. Watson's unique ability to combine speed and agility is fascinating fans and athletes alike -- New York's rookie quarterback being no exception. 

"Deshaun is a heck of a player," Darnold told reporters this week. "He played really well last year ... Everyone kind of questioned if he was going to be healthy enough to play and play as well as he did last year, and I think he's living up to it. I'm excited to go up against him and that tough Texans defense."

Across 20 NFL games, Watson has thrown for 4,997 yards, 41 touchdowns and 17 interceptions and rushed for 679 yards and four touchdowns. He possesses the skill set to depend on his legs to get the job done while accurately passing to his army of receivers in DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas and running back Lamar Miller.

Amidst all the menacing details about Watson, Jets fans can find delight in the quarterback's tendency to wait in the pocket. Watson has been sacked 46 times this season, second-most in the league behind Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott (48).

"He can beat you in the pocket and out of the pocket," head coach Todd Bowles said. "He's a gamer. You speed him up, he's going to hurt you with his legs, and he can hurt you running out of the pocket. If you don't speed him up, he's going to sit in the pocket and throw dimes on you."

Watson.. . 150 yds running

3 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Wow.  They just brought TB up to the entrance to the locker room in a golf cart! Watched him get off and walk in.  He is morbidly obese.  He lost a lot of weight off season but he has doubled it back.  It is scary to see.

Did the golf cart have a WIDE LOAD sign on it?

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a Saturday special, folks. After that rousing win last week over fullquarterback Josh Allen, the Jets take on MVP candidate Deshaun Watson, who was drafted after Jamal Adams*. Texans are a robust seven point favorites on the road, which is crazy considering the electric atmosphere at Giants Stadium But With Green LEDs Sometimes. Anyway, should be a good game. I’m going to a Christmas party where there is one of those grab bag things where the person who picks after you can steal your gift if they don’t like theirs or some sh*t, so I’m sure to be pissed. Go team.

*Jamal Adams is not an MVP candidate.

Inbound National TV embarrassment where the QB we passed on for a *cough* Safety *cough* crushes the Jets D, and vastly out performs the QB we spend half a draft in picks to acquire? 

Seems SOJ'tsy, so I wouldn't rule it out...

18 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Wow.  They just brought TB up to the entrance to the locker room in a golf cart! Watched him get off and walk in.  He is morbidly obese.  He lost a lot of weight off season but he has doubled it back.  It is scary to see.

Todd Bowles?

PVR'ing, I got family shopping and chores to do. I'll catch you gents on the flipside

Here's hoping for another step forward for our offense, particularly the trio of Darnold, McGuire and Herndon.

As for the defense... got my eye on you Leo! You lazy $&*(&$(*^$(*^(*^&#

Archived