Folks: We Have a Franchise QB.

southtown24th

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build around the young QB.  Better OL, better WR options and some RB help would be nice.  I think you let Macc build this thing out (for better or for worse) and you see what happens.

If you really break down Todd Bowles and how he's performed and Macc and how he's performed, Macc has done 100x better.  I know that's not saying much but, I'm not one of the "Macc has to go" folks.  

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes! Seeing Sam grow is good.

Going full bore over the top hyperbole homer is not.

Dude, he almost just beat a playoff team with a cast of clowns at his side.  Imagine the offense if he had a supporting cast.  Chill out

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When will you get it slats, I couldn’t care less what you of all people think. And no amount of mod stalking and harassment will change that. No go creep on someone else.

Maybe we should all go buttfumble all your anti Darnold posts when you didn’t want him before you wanted him? Maybe like you did I need time to truly believe, or is that something only you get?

BTW a franchise QB wins tonight. We lost. Guess he’s not there yet.

Does that mean Watson wasn’t a franchise QB last week because they lost?

I realized something interesting about Darnold

If you take away his 3 worst games, he's at 13 TD's and only 6 picks. That's over 8 games which averages out as 26/12 on the season. That's a great number for a veteran, let alone the youngest day 1 QB ever. That Darnold is a (somewhat inconsistent) bad man.

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Laugh it up, but our franchise QB just threw two shoulda been easy INTs and just threw a floater too high and pretty much lost the game. 

Hevmight be good, in time. He might grow to be a Franchise QB.  He’s no franchise QB yet. Even IF he comes back to win.

You know who a Franchise QB is? Right now? The guy Macc passed on for a Safety.

The guy who’s probably going to get the W and has his team at 10 wins if he does so.

Darnold....could be. He isn’t yet and tonight doesn’t make him one.

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s there yet, but he’s 21 with a poor O line and limited skill players who is making the Jets competitive and exciting. He’s got the most potential of any QB we’ve had since Namath and at 61 I’ve seen them all. Why can’t we be a little excited after Sanchez, Smith, Petty, Hackenberg and McCown?  The idea that he can develop into a great QB isn’t that far fetched based on what we’ve seen so far, is it?

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When will you get it slats, I couldn’t care less what you of all people think. And no amount of mod stalking and harassment will change that. No go creep on someone else.

Maybe we should all go buttfumble all your anti Darnold posts when you didn’t want him before you wanted him? Maybe like you did I need time to truly believe, or is that something only you get?

BTW a franchise QB wins tonight. We lost. Guess he’s not there yet.

I might be mixing up my histories, but weren't you the one that said Patrick Ramsey was a franchise quarterback?

No pressure? He had JJ Watt breathing down his neck and his RT had just tore his ACL.

Kid spread the ball to 9 different targets and 7 of them were back up/practice squad players. He showed the mark of a true franchise QB by elevating the play of the trash around him. 

Stfu Warfish. Bout’ tired of reading your crap.

Look, I don't like fighting with anyone on this board...and by no means am I a blind homer..

But Sam was impressive today - easily his best performance as a pro, you can clearly see why the hype is real and that he can absolutely be a legitimate franchise QB..

Anyone that doesn't see that is either an ignorant football fan, Jet hater or troll...

We are actually in a great position despite our record. We finally have a young QB who will only get better. Yes I understand the interceptions but if you factor in the lack of talent,injuries and bad management it hasn’t done Darnold any favors. However we most likely will have a top 3 or 4 pick and may benefit trading back to get more assets.  

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We are actually in a great position despite our record. We finally have a young QB who will only get better. Yes I understand the interceptions but if you factor in the lack of talent,injuries and bad management it hasn’t done Darnold any favors. However we most likely will have a top 3 or 4 pick and may benefit trading back to get more assets.  

We can be in a solid position - but if you let the current GM run this we're in a lot of trouble - yes, with the cap space, the safety and QB in place you need a GM that we can have faith in.

Regardless of whether one can consider him a "proper" franchise QB or not at this point, I am so happy to have the redhead as my starting QB going forward. 

He's got work to do, he's not bad at reading the field but sometimes he leaves a play out on the field and sometimes he tries to make a pass happen at an inopportune time. (like when a defender already has his hands on him) But his gunslinger mentality, especially that ability to make tight throws while scrambling, usually serves him well, as does his ability to occasionally test defenses with a well placed deep pass.

The best part about him is the fact I feel as though the task of being a Pro-QB isn't too big for him and that he'll only get better with more experience. I wont call him a future top 5 guy or anything, but he clearly shows the potential for being a more than capable starting QB in this league. The Jets need to do whatever it takes to get him an offensive system and set of weapons that can maximize his wont say no attitude and natural instincts for the position.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Truth hurts some folks, I know.

So much simpler to go full homer since no one is ever accountable for all their amazingly wrong hyperbole here....

when you buttfumble a post that contradicts you...   you reveal that you are childish. 

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

when you buttfumble a post that contradicts you...   you reveal that you are childish. 

As opposed to the 60+ Neg-Reps/Buttfumbles I've got so far simply for not accepting that Sam Darnold is today a Franchise QB with Elite Accuracy and is also maybe the most handsome, greatest, bestest player in NFL History? :rolleyes:

Give me a break.  We have people buttfumbling me who desperately didn't want Darnold, but are now the biggest Darnold homers ever.....unless he busts, then they'll tell you how they never liked him and never thought he was any good.  We have people buttfumbling me who said the exact same silly stuff about Sanchez, then about Geno Smith.  Hell, I'm pretty sure I got at least one buttfumble from a guy who posted that Hackenberg was an obvious Franchise QB the day we drafted him.  So please, spare me.    

I get it, the fanatic part of being a fan rules here hard at JN, and those who don't buy the hype get what I got (and will now get more of).  Because let's be clear, Darnold played well yesterday, but he is not a "Franchise QB" yet.  That's the facts, no matter how many buttfumbles or negreps I get.  Yesterday was a meaningless game for the Jets, with nothing whatsoever to lose, late in their third fully lost out-of-contention season with a Head Coach on his way out the door.  And we lost.  There was no pressure on Darnold to be epic and win, and no one is mad he lost.  He played well, yes.  It's a great sign of potential, yes.  Positive is better than negative, yes.  But to proclaim him a franchise QB (like guys like Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and Rodgers) is obvious hyperbole and exaggeration at THIS point.

So keep the buttfumbles coming, I got what, 19,000 more reps you can take away.  Enjoy yourselves.

Archived