Patriots losing appreciation thread

Blackout

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve skimmed thru the patriot forum once after a good Darnold performance to see if they were terrified. Turns out they have a 108 page thread called Jets Suck 2018 

lol

i just remember thinking “weirdos”. That’s why I said that.

I’ve trolled patsfans.com. Those loser patriot fair weather fans are absolutely obsessed with the jets they watch our preseason games.  

Patssfantx is the tip of the iceberg of unemployed patriots fans

Pats dynasty not as impressive when you consider they’ve basically been spotted six wins per season for a decade and a half.

Them losing really just frustrates me that if we weren’t so bad for so many years, we could and should be competing for the AFCE.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Pats dynasty not as impressive when you consider they’ve basically been spotted six wins per season for a decade and a half.

Them losing really just frustrates me that if we weren’t so bad for so many years, we could and should be competing for the AFCE.

Rebuilds take time EY

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve skimmed thru the patriot forum once after a good Darnold performance to see if they were terrified. Turns out they have a 108 page thread called Jets Suck 2018 

lol

i just remember thinking “weirdos”. That’s why I said that. 

Understood though. Fair enough.‼️

You're talking about a braindead fanbase who at the Pats first SB victory parade chanted "Yankees Suck" the whole time.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This.

He wants the exit that Peyton Manning got, holding a Lombardi trophy.

He won't get it.

The best part about Brady hitting the backside of his career? There is no Garoppolo waiting in the wings. If they had kept him they could bench Brady and potentially go on another superbowl run even this year. Brian Hoyer isn't that guy.

How short sighted does that move look now?

I root first for the Jets to win. And second for NEP to lose. The Jets part is much higher so I'm not a happy camper this weekend but the NEP loss was ok, I enjoyed it. I thought Brady would pull it out at the end since the Steelers put themselves in a position to lose. They're not the only ones who fall into this trap Brady has been doing this for years. But not yesterday.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The best part about Brady hitting the backside of his career? There is no Garoppolo waiting in the wings. If they had kept him they could bench Brady and potentially go on another superbowl run even this year. Brian Hoyer isn't that guy.

That's Belichick outsmarting himself that he can manage the roster and not overpay.  This is his ole "trade a guy early rather than late" and still get some value (a 2nd round pick?).

To me, whether it's after this year, next year or whenever......Brady and Belichick will eventually retire.  The question is whether they do it at the same time OR does Belichick want to outlast Brady and prove he can win without him.  BB had one good run without Brady and that's when Brady went down with the ACL and Matt Cassel lead them to an 11-5 season.

I'd love to see this thing end like a messy divorce....Brady trying to stay a year too long, Belichick trying to trade him, Kraft getting involved, BB resigns as "HC of the NEP" and takes over somewhere like Tampa Bay so he can coach football and go fishing. lol

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You're talking about a braindead fanbase who at the Pats first SB victory parade chanted "Yankees Suck" the whole time.

That's because being a Football/Patriots fan was a brand new experience for all of them. They didnt quite know what to do, and they literally had zero traditions to fall back on. It was a minimal fan base.

I've said it here time and again, and will continue to...I LIVED in Boston in the late 1990s. I bartended at a big Sports bar in Copley place (Champions). There were almost zero "Patriots fans" there. The city didnt care. At all. They tried to bring the Pat's from Foxborough to  a stadium project in South Boston, and nobody cared.  They almost moved to Connecticut.  Seriously. It's a fair weather, bandwagon fan base that.will abandon that team the minute the current "dynasty*" ends.

I used to walk around in Southie where I lived in a Chrebet Jersey. Nothing. All anyone cared about were the Celtics and Red Sox, with the Pat's Wayyyy behind the Bruins. 

It's a phony fan base. 

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

imo they should've traded brady and kept garapollo.  and that's not because i think he's going to be great but they won't get any value from tommy boy at this stage.  i can easily see them having a couple of 8-8 or worse records to close out tommy boy's career.  imo the whole team knows the end is coming.  they just don't know when.

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

You know you're now required to make a sign out of this and bring it to the Jets vs. Patriots home game next year, right? :D 

Sign - I’m having T-shirts made with an older broken down Brady and the saying and a young Darnold running circles around old Tom. Hoping I can get the Jets advertising dept. to buy 70k of them and pass them out next home game against Pats. If that don’t work then I will make a nice sign!

Archived