An Interesting Fact About The Patriots Loss

Grandy

With their 5th loss on the season, this is the first time since 2009 that they wont't reach at least 12-4 on the season. Also if they lose again they may be playing their first WC since that year as well. They are on the decline, Brady is aging.

Here's to hoping that Sammy D destroys the evil empire to end the season. Let's go Jets, and f*ck the Pats!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In otherwords, we probably have another 5 years of this dude tea bagging the league unfortunately. 

I remember hearing this in 2014 when the chiefs destroyed the Pats, then again in 2016. 

I really hope it's Brady's last season so we can move on from this era....but I stopped doubting this dudes ability to close years ago. 

When he actually leaves the game and hangs it up then I'll celebrate. 

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

In otherwords, we probably have another 5 years of this dude tea bagging the league unfortunately. 

I remember hearing this in 2014 when the chiefs destroyed the Pats, then again in 2016. 

I really hope it's Brady's last season so we can move on from this era....but I stopped doubting this dudes ability to close years ago. 

When he actually leaves the game and hangs it up then I'll celebrate. 

Realistically Brady has 2-3 years left barring freak injury.  

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way maybe 1 more his age is catching up with him he didn't look good today against a good team where he used to excel. 

He’s a drop back qb who gets rid of the ball quickly plus he has had one documented major injury his entire career which was an ACL year in his non plant leg

Steve Deberg played until he was 47.  Vinny Testaverde player until he was 42

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Realistically Brady has 2-3 years left barring freak injury.  

I really hope not, but he probably does. 

The type of "decline" folks are talking about is based on the "Brady standard". A decline for Brady would take him out of the top 3/5 and into the top 10. Another decline into the top 15. 

In otherwords, this version of Tom Brady is at worst top 15 in the world...and 40 something years old. 

And I thought Jordan ruined things for teams in the 90's. Brady has ruined fandom for almost 20 years. lol. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I really hope not, but he probably does. 

The type of "decline" folks are talking about is based on the "Brady standard". A decline for Brady would take him out of the top 3/5 and into the top 10. Another decline into the top 15. 

In otherwords, this version of Tom Brady is at worst top 15 in the world...and 40 something years old. 

And I thought Jordan ruined things for teams in the 90's. Brady has ruined fandom for almost 20 years. lol. 

The thing is Brady doesn’t rely on great athleticism or great arm strength to be effective.  That’s why I think he sticks around another couple years

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The thing is Brady doesn’t rely on great athleticism or great arm strength to be effective.  That’s why I think he sticks around another couple years

Athleticism has never been his thing. He's mastered the "subtle movement" within the pocket. So he gets away from pressure by moving about 1 yard in any direction. 

I would have thought that all of the torque on his arm/elbow would have done him in by now. But maybe his mechanics have really prolonged him. It kinda make sense though as well. Lets be honest, 90% of Brady's throws are from behind the LOS to about 3 yards out, and the receivers run for the rest of the yards. 

That's the power of that spread offense and having those small twitchy WR's and a receiving back. Holdling onto the ball for less than 3 seconds on plays, barely throwing down field, league rule changes and mastering movement within the pocket has really benefitted him. 

12 hours ago, Mark78 said:

How awesome would it be if Sam beats them and they have to play a wildcard game?

And right now that would be vs. Baltimore ... I seem to recall the Ravens doing quite a good job on the Patsies in the playoffs last time they met. :-) 

12 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

They kept shooting them selves in the foot with penalty after penalty...Belichick must be going crazy 

maybe the game was finally being called square.  the patsies have gotten the benefit of penalties for quite some time.  they hold on every pass play defensively and offensively.

Living in New England realistic Pat fans are finally seeing the end of the line. The Patriots had a great schedule this year getting most of the playoff teams at home where they still don't lose.

They got the Texans in the opener with Watson coming back from his ACL, slipped by KC by 3 with a last second win, Colts, Vikings.

Brady is going to be 42. Gronk is a shell of himself, Edelman has taken a beating similar to Chrebet at the end of his career, will Gordon not eff up again? Their defense isn't close to as good as past defenses. 

Theyre still good enough to beat any team on any given day because of Brady. But, with us having a 21 year old young pup QB, it's getting much closer to the end for the Patriots dynasty.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

maybe the game was finally being called square.  the patsies have gotten the benefit of penalties for quite some time.  they hold on every pass play defensively and offensively.

Every replay they showed yesterday on long incompletions the Pats CB was either there to early or grabbing the WRs arm. They could of & should have had at least 3 more holding or PI calls. 

Another thing I notice yesterday in the last few plays was Gronk trying to get a penalty for pass interference more so than going up and getting the ball. One play he grab the receiver and then put his hands up expecting a call. Did it a couple more times. Nice to see the refs finally calling penalties against the cheaters instead of handing them the game on bogus PI calls. I’m sure Gronk will have a future in the movies. He’s been practicing his acting career for years. Wouldn’t surprise me if he hangs it up after this year. 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Living in New England realistic Pat fans are finally seeing the end of the line. The Patriots had a great schedule this year getting most of the playoff teams at home where they still don't lose.

They got the Texans in the opener with Watson coming back from his ACL, slipped by KC by 3 with a last second win, Colts, Vikings.

Nrady is going to be 42. Gronk is a shell of himself, Edelman has taken a beating similar to Chrebet at the end of his career, will Gordon not eff up again? Their defense isn't close to as good as past defenses. 

Theyre still good enough to beat any team on any given day because of Brady. But, with us having a 21 year old young pup QB, it's getting much closer to the end for the Patriots dynasty.

And the Phins are at a crossroads with Tanny, so although they are the current "challenger", they're nowhere near set to take over at the top.

AFC East will be interesting the next few years, to say the least. 

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Every replay they showed yesterday on long incompletions the Pats CB was either there to early or grabbing the WRs arm. They could of & should have had at least 3 more holding or PI calls. 

yep.  and i'm no steeler fan but their pi calls were a little ticky tacky too.

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yep.  and i'm no steeler fan but their pi calls were a little ticky tacky too.

If you go back the last 3 years & look at the Patriots come back wins I guarantee you almost every last game winning drive was abetted by a hold or PI call against their opponent on a huge 3rd down incompletion! 

12 hours ago, Grandy said:

With their 5th loss on the season, this is the first time since 2009 that they wont't reach at least 12-4 on the season. Also if they lose again they may be playing their first WC since that year as well. They are on the decline, Brady is aging.

Here's to hoping that Sammy D destroys the evil empire to end the season. Let's go Jets, and f*ck the Pats!!!

And it only took 36 years. Never could I have known when I heard Mo Lewis crush Bledsoe from the stands what we were in store for. 

I'll raise my glass to the sentiment in your post! 

Archived