Who do we NOT WANT back?

Jetster

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Busted Skrine - so bad it’s comical. The fact he is one of the highest paid on this team makes me sad.

Josh McCown - no reason to be in a uniform next season. A coach’s polo? Sure. 

Darren Lee - Defense better without him. He’s just not god enough to retain. 

Trumaine Johnson - his contract forces us to keep him, but that doesn’t mean he belongs here. Maybe a new coach will help. 

Isaiah Crowell - Not a good football player. Another poor choice in FA.

These are just players. It’s obvious that Bowles and Macc should not be back either. 

Agreed. Skrine just takes way to many penalties, McCown not worth 10 mil, Darren Lee is like a stick in the mud & Crowell can suck it! TJ may be salvageable.  

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

He isn't.  PFF ranks Lee as the #20 overall LB which is good.  Hewitt was ranked 75th the last time he got a large number of snaps. 

Highly skewed by the first few weeks of the year. He looked a whole lot better than Lee, doing the dirty work and tackling well. He looked a lot better than Lee to me. I want to see more of him.

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

Besides the entire coaching staff and GM?

1. Tomlinson 

2. Carpenter 

3. Kearse

4. Peake 

5. Skrine

tend to agree with those guys.  i think i'd throw in lee and leo at this point.  lee for being a knucklehead and not really playing to his draft position and leo for getting a case of wilkitis.  i think a change in coaching will help the vets perform better.

Offense:

• Carpenter
  • Enunwa
  • Kearse
  • Powell
  • Crowell
  • Long
  • McCown
  • Sterling
  • Legget
  • Tomlinson

Defense:

• Skrine
  • Not even going to list all the useless scrubs we have as depth in our secondary
  • Not even going to list all the useless scrubs we have as depth in our LB'ing corps
  • McLendon or Pennel - one of them has to go and we need to get our noobs some snaps. 

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Offense:

• Carpenter
  • Enunwa
  • Kearse
  • Powell
  • Crowell
  • Long
  • McCown
  • Sterling
  • Legget
  • Tomlinson

Defense:

• Skrine
  • Not even going to list all the useless scrubs we have as depth in our secondary
  • Not even going to list all the useless scrubs we have as depth in our LB'ing corps
  • McLendon or Pennel - one of them has to go and we need to get our noobs some snaps. 

dude, we have to field a team next year.

There are 2 types of players on these lists-those that are under contract in 2019, and those that are not.

The Jets already have fewer players under contract for 2019 than any other team in football.  

Fixing this team is going to take time.  To the extent a player is passable and under contract that is somewhat reasonable, I think we keep them.

On offense that is basically Beachum, Long, Winters and Shell on the OL.  Crowell (who ran for 200 yards once).  Peake.   All are paid pretty reasonably. 

On defense that is a bit trickier.  Johnson is under contract, overpaid but not really cuttable until 2020.  My guess is that he plays better next year so he does not get cut.  Lee and Williams are under contract but overpaid.  I would consider ditching those contracts.  Lee could get brought back but not given his 5th year option.  

Skrine and Claiborne are not under contract.  The fact that none of Mac's draft picks can replace Skrine is a further indictment of him.  Claiborne as a CB 2 paid fairly is not the problem.  The problem yesterday was that they were playing Claiborne as CB1.  He is not CB1 anymore.    I still think someone should able to replace Claiborne, but bringing back is not terrible.

7 minutes ago, peebag said:

This is why $100+ Mil is not enough to fix this.... they need to draft nearly perfectly for the next 2+ drafts.... Maybe trade down and get more picks... but the lack of talent has never been more apparent. 

Besides Darnold, Adams and Maye what players would you even want to keep... 

OL? All replaceable (Beachem is the only player you might want to keep, Snell HAD potential, Long should be a G, Carpenter played better as a G... Winters is an ok G).... Very little talent

RBs? All Replaceable. Eli is a back-up at most... Cannon would be more useful in special teams but needs to train in the offseason for that... No real Talent

WRs? All Replaceable... No Talent... RA is a 3 or 4 on a real team

DL? Leo is gone (hopefully) not worth the money he will want. All replaceable (Maybe Sheppard develops but I won't hold my breath, Anderson is something to keep maybe)

LB? Williams is a liability in coverage... Lee is a screw-up with a pot problem.... Jenkins is a back-up as is Hewitt. Rest all replaceable

CBs? Sure Tru is ok maybe as a #2 but not as a #1 but upgrade is needed. Skrine is hot garbage... maybe Nickerson becomes something in the slot but I doubt it if he can't beat Skrine out for the job.

S... All set... Roberts isn't good enough as a back-up need depth.

P... Eh, all set

K... Garbage... need a reliable replacement

I would cut all the WR's including Anderson. Sorry, they aren't good enough. They just don't show up at the end of games even when the ball hits them in the hands. 

Cro needs to be taken out back and put out if his misery. 

If we have someone better than Skrine to play DB, then yeah, get rid of him. Right now we don't. 

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

With the overall cap going up, the replacement for any replaceable player will cost more than the player being replaced.  

The Jets can work with some of these guys, for now.  The draft is key.  They need more picks.  

Twice as many picks... As I stated above... the whole team outside of Adams, Darnold, maybe Maye... is completely replaceable... besides those 3 all the rest are depth... 100+ Mil is not enough to fix this team... Leo has been a huge disappointment this year... 

Just FYI, this is what I have for the current roster

Updated Roster 12/17/18

Offense  - 24

Quarterback - 3

•     14 - Sam Darnold 6'3" 221  USC
  •     15 - Josh McCown 6'4" 218 Sam Houston State   
  •       5 - Davis Webb 6'5" 225 Cal 

Running Back - 3

•     25 - Elijah McGuire 5'10" 214 LA-Lafayette  
  •     40 - Trenton Cannon 5'11" 185  Virginia State  
  •     35 - Deangelo Henderson 5'7" 208 Coastal Carolina (RB)

Tight End  - 3

•     89 - Chris Herndon 6'4" 253 Miami  
  •     83 - Eric Tomlinson 6'6" 263 UTEP     
  •     86 - Jordan Leggett 6'5" 258 Clemson  

Wide Receiver - 6

•     81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska   
  •     11 - Robby Anderson 6'3" 190 Temple  
  •     10 - Jermaine Kearse 6'1" 205 Washington  
  •     19 - Andre Roberts 5'11" 195 Marshall  (KR)
  •     17 - Charone Peake 6'3" 205 Clemson
  •     84 - Deontay Burnett 6'0" 180 USC 

Offensive Line - 9

•     68 - Kelvin Beachum 6"3" 303  SMU (T)  
  •     72 - Brandon Shell 6'5" 325 South Carolina (T/G) (Injury?)
  •     67 - Brian Winters 6'4" 320 Kent State (G)  
  •     61 - Spencer Long 6'5" 318 Nebraska  (C/G)  
  •     79 - Brent Qvale 6'7 315 Nebraska (G/T)  
  •     78 - Jonotthan Harrison 6"4" 300 Florida (C/G)  
  •     70 - Dakota Dozier 6'4" 313 Furman (C/G/T)  
  •      69 - Benjamin Braden 6'6" 335 Michigan (G/T)  
  •      xx - Eric Smith 6'5" 300 Virginia (T)

Defense - 26

Defensive Line - 6

•     92 - Leonard Williams 6'5 300 USC (DE/DT)
  •     99 - Steve McLendon 6'3" 310 Troy (DT)
  •     96 - Henry Anderson 6'6" 300  Stanford (DE) 
  •     98 - Mike Pennel 6'4" 332 CSU-Pueblo  (DT)
  •     97 - Nathan Shepherd 6'4" 315  Ft. Hays State (DE/DT) 
  •     94 - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (DE/DT)   

Linebacker - 9

•     48 - Jordan Jenkins 6'3" 259 Georgia (OLB)
  •     54 - Avery Williamson 6'1" 246 Kentucky (ILB)  
  •     51 - Brandon Copeland 6'3" 263 Penn (OLB)  
  •     46 - Neville Hewitt 6'2" 234 Marshall (ILB) 
  •     56 - Kevin Pierre-Lewis 6'1" 225 Boston College (ILB)    
  •     55 - Jeremiah Attaochu 6'3" 252 Georgia Tech (OLB) 
  •     50 - Frankie Luvu 6'3" 235 Washington State (OLB) 
  •     93 - Tarell Basham 6'4" 266 Ohio (OLB) (DE?)
  •     91 - Bronson Kaufusi 6'6" 275 BYU (OLB/DE)  

Cornerback - 8

•     22 - Trumaine Johnson 6'1" 205 Montana   
  •     21 - Morris Claiborne 5'11"  192 LSU   
  •     41 - Buster Skrine 5'9" 185 Tennessee-Chattanooga 
  •     27 - Darryl Roberts 6'0" 182 Marshall (S?)
  •     43 - Parry Nickerson 5'10"182 Tulane  
  •     30 - Rashard Robinson 6'2" 177 LSU  
  •     31 - Derrick Jones 6'2" 188 Mississippi    
  •     34 - Jeremy Clark 6'3" 220 Michigan (CB)   

Safety - 3

•     33 - Jamal Adams 6'0" 214 LSU 
  •     23 - Terrence Brooks 5'11" 200 Florida State   
  •     45 - Rontez Miles 6'1" 210 California (PA)   

Special Teams - 3

Punter  - 1

•     4 - Lachlan Edwards 6'4" 215 Sam Houston State

Kicker - 1

•     2 - Jason Myers 5'10" 190 Marist 

Long Snapper  - 1

•     42 - Thomas Hennessy 6'2" 246 Duke

Physically Unable to Perform List  - 0

•    xx

Suspended List  - 1

58 - Darron Lee 6'1" 235 Ohio State   (ILB)

Injured Reserve List - 9

•     20 - Isaiah Crowell 5'11" 225 Alabama State  (RB)
  •     29 - Bilal Powell 5'11" 207 Louisville (RB)
  •     82 - Rishard Matthews 6'0" 217 Nevada  (WR)
  •     85 - Neal Sterling  6'3" 257 Monmouth  (TE)
  •     71 - Ben Ijalana 6'4" 322 Villanova (T/G)  
  •     77 - James Carpenter 6'5 321 Alabama (G)
  •     95 - Josh Martin 6'3" 245 Columbia (OLB) 
  •     36 - Doug Middleton 6'0" 210 Appalachian State  (S)  
  •     26 - Marcus Maye 6'0" 210 Florida  (S)

Practice Squad - 10  

• 37 -  Mark Thompson 6'1" 235 Florida (RB)
  • 44 -  Joel Bouagnon 6'2" 230 NIU (RB)
  • 84 - JJ Jones   5'10" 173 West Georgia (WR)
  • xx - DeAngelo Yancey 6'1" 220 Purdue (WR)
  • 76 - Dieugot Joseph 6'6" 300 FIU (OT)
  • 64 - Jon Toth   6'5" 310 Kentucky (C)
  • 75 - Destiny Vaeao 6'4" 299 Washington State (DL)
  • 52 - Anthony Wint 6'0" 224 FIU (ILB)  
  • 53 - Jonathan Celestin 6'1" 232 Minnesota (ILB)  
  • 38 - Brandon Bryant 6'0" 215 Mississippi State (S)  

Practice Squad  Injured - 1

• 44 - Harvey Langi 6'2" 250 BYU (ILB) (wiaved by Chiefs) (INJURED)

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

who i don't want back:

Bilal Powell

Neal Sterling

Buster Skrine

Brian Winters

Eric Tomlinson 

Frankie Luvu

Jeremiah Attatchu 

James Carpenter

Neal Sterling got a raw deal here for some unknown reason Todd Bowles decided to use him on kickoffs at the time he was our best TE he suffered a serious concussion and probably came came back too soon and suffered another. Kid can play great hands and great blocker. 

Frankie Luvu has played well here and maybe with a decent DC will play better. 

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Meh. 

what's it amount to? We're already running on McGuire/Cannon -- acquire an RB1.... our WRs playing peekaboo with the line up as it is, again, you could retain Anderson, Burnett, and add Split End/or Flanker.. the rest behind them should be youth. Carpenter's on IR. 

What we're really talking about is shedding dead weight that's on IR right now, and bringing in talent to groom. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Neal Sterling got a raw deal here for some unknown reason Todd Bowles decided to use him on kickoffs at the time he was our best TE he suffered a serious concussion and probably came came back too soon and suffered another. Kid can play great hands and great blocker. 

Frankie Luvu has played well here and maybe with a decent DC will play better. 

Who cares sterling, can't stay healthy. It sucks, but see ya. 

Same with Powell

Same with Enunwa

Jeremiah Attaochu

Tarrell Basham

Dakota Dozier

Trumaine johsnon

Bronson Kaufisi

Jermaine Kearse

Jordan Leggett

Josh McCown

Steve mcclendon

Rontez miles

Mike pennel

Brent Qvale

Rashard Robinson

Buster Skrine

Eric Thomlinson

James Carpenter

Isiah Crowell

Ben Ijalana

Josh martin

Neil Sterling

Darron Lee

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

A lot of threads about who we want. How about who you don't want to see in a Jets uniform next year?

Skrine, Tomlinson, Kearse, Lee, Clairborne are my top 5. 

What is the point in getting rid of Lee? He isnt even on his 5th year option. Regardless of what you think of him as a player or what you think of his IQ after the suspension, he makes nothing and is one of our starting LBers who you can argue has improved every season. Even if you draft someone that breaks out in training camp, or even if you sign a vet that takes his job, there is no way Lee goes anywhere.

This team is going to have holes EVERYWHERE this off season. And I dont mean the holes where the player we have at that position sucks. I mean holes as I'm we literally dont have a human being signed to play that position. You dont create more holes you need to fill by cutting a young, serviceable (at the very least) player that makes nothing. 

I cant really argue with the other players listed. Kesrse seems like a really good guy so it's hard for me to root against hin. The fact that Skrine has played out all of that horrible contract baffles me. I dont know if Mo gets resigned but we need to look somewhere for a #2CB (and #3 I suppose) 

Our entire defensive line, except Henry Anderson. I’d take a 4th galadly for Leo before I paid him. I think Nathan Shepherd is in the witness protection program, but if we can find out where he’s been, I’d cut him. The rest of them are just bodies. Nobody knows who they are, or what they do.

43 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

What is the point in getting rid of Lee? He isnt even on his 5th year option. Regardless of what you think of him as a player or what you think of his IQ after the suspension, he makes nothing and is one of our starting LBers who you can argue has improved every season. Even if you draft someone that breaks out in training camp, or even if you sign a vet that takes his job, there is no way Lee goes anywhere.

This team is going to have holes EVERYWHERE this off season. And I dont mean the holes where the player we have at that position sucks. I mean holes as I'm we literally dont have a human being signed to play that position. You dont create more holes you need to fill by cutting a young, serviceable (at the very least) player that makes nothing. 

I cant really argue with the other players listed. Kesrse seems like a really good guy so it's hard for me to root against hin. The fact that Skrine has played out all of that horrible contract baffles me. I dont know if Mo gets resigned but we need to look somewhere for a #2CB (and #3 I suppose) 

Neville hewitt and pierre louis walked into the lineup and were better than Lee.  I would happily deal him for a pick.  Don;t worry no chance mac walks from this guy no matter what but he simply  is not good at all.  He had two good games to start the year interception wise.  He is also very dubious in the brain box.

Josh McCown

Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell, Trenton Cannon, Lawrence Thomas

Neal Sterling, Eric Tomlinson, Jordan Leggett

Kelvin Beachum, Brian Winters, Spencer Long, James Carpenter, Brandon Shell, Dakota Dozier, Ben Braden, Jonotthan Harrison, Brent Qvale

Robby Anderson, Terrelle Pryor, Jermaine Kearse, Quincy Enunwa, Andre Roberts, Charone Peake

Leonard Williams, Mike Pennel, Steve McLendon, Henry Anderson, Nathan Shepherd, Folorunso Fatukasi

Darron Lee, Jordan Jenkins, Josh Martin, Avery Williamson, Neville Hewitt, Brandon Copeland, Jeremiah Attaochu

Trumaine Johnson, Morris Claiborne, Darryl Roberts, Parry Nickerson, Buster Skrine, Derrick Jones, Juston Burris

Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Doug Middleton, Terrence Brooks, J.J. Wilcox

Jason Myers, Thomas Hennessy, Lachlan Edwards

Archived