Who do we NOT WANT back?

Jetster

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Neville hewitt and pierre louis walked into the lineup and were better than Lee.  I would happily deal him for a pick.  Don;t worry no chance mac walks from this guy no matter what but he simply  is not good at all.  He had two good games to start the year interception wise.  He is also very dubious in the brain box.

We will just have to disagree with how bad Lee is. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do when he is actually played in a way that suits his abilities. No argument here about him being an idiot. 

If a team offers something significant for him (3rd or better) that's fine. Under the premise that offer wont happen, I'm not trading him for peanuts or releasing him just to get him off the roster. 

I'm not arguing that he has to part of our rebuild going forward. I'm just saying that I'm not getting rid of him for nothing just to get rid of him. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  •     15 - Josh McCown 6'4" 218 Sam Houston State   
  •     83 - Eric Tomlinson 6'6" 263 UTEP       
  •     81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska   
  •     10 - Jermaine Kearse 6'1" 205 Washington  
  •     82 - Rishard Matthews 6'0" 217 Nevada
  •     17 - Charone Peake 6'3" 205 Clemson
  •     68 - Kelvin Beachum 6"3" 303  SMU (T)  
  •     92 - Leonard Williams 6'5 300 USC (DE/DT)
  •     55 - Jeremiah Attaochu 6'3" 252 Georgia Tech (OLB) 
  •     41 - Buster Skrine 5'9" 185 Tennessee-Chattanooga 
  •     27 - Darryl Roberts 6'0" 182 Marshall (S?) 
  •     58 - Darron Lee 6'1" 235 Ohio State   (ILB)
  •     20 - Isaiah Crowell 5'11" 225 Alabama State  (RB)
  •     29 - Bilal Powell 5'11" 207 Louisville (RB)

And of course the entire front office and coaching staff except Boyer and Greene

19 hours ago, chirorob said:

Lee is on his rookie deal, he is cheap and young.

This is the year where we have to decide whether to pick up his 5th-year option ($3.25M).  He will not be cheap much longer. 

To prevent adding another need, my guess is we pick it up despite the 4-game suspension.  But after that, he's on a 1-year audition contract to decide whether he's worthy of a pricey extension. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the year where we have to decide whether to pick up his 5th-year option ($3.25M).  He will not be cheap much longer. 

To prevent adding another need, my guess is we pick it up despite the 4-game suspension.  But after that, he's on a 1-year audition contract to decide whether he's worthy of a pricey extension. 

I agree.

On 12/17/2018 at 3:04 PM, BurnleyJet said:

Highly skewed by the first few weeks of the year. He looked a whole lot better than Lee, doing the dirty work and tackling well. He looked a lot better than Lee to me. I want to see more of him.

Yeah, right.  Lee has been good in coverage all year and PFF shows that he's been consistently good in coverage week in and week out.  He has a stellar coverage grade from PFF for the year.  Good luck trying to replace that.  The fact that you don't hear his name called out in coverage is a good thing.

Meanwhile, half of the clowns on here are crying that a 230 pound (on his best day), speed LB isn't strong against the run.  No sh*t.  That's not what he's there for.

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Yeah, right.  Lee has been good in coverage all year and PFF shows that he's been consistently good in coverage week in and week out.  He has a stellar coverage grade from PFF for the year.  Good luck trying to replace that.  The fact that you don't hear his name called out in coverage is a good thing.

Meanwhile, half of the clowns on here are crying that a 230 pound (on his best day), speed LB isn't strong against the run.  No sh*t.  That's not what he's there for.

Tell you what, if we had Lee covering Hopkins the other night instead of Morris( holding, #21, defense 5 times a game) Claiborne, we would have beaten the Texans.

4 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Great another safety, I hope we can recoup a 3rd for him?

13 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Adams is just an all better round player. Lee is a miscast 4-3 D WIL forced to play ILB in a 3-4 by the genius that's Todd Bowles.

It's going to be very interesting who our DC is next year & how he uses these players. Lee should be a part time Nickel/dime LB. Belichick abused him in that 1st match up. Let's see how well the Pats run us last game of the year with Lee suspended. Will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

It's going to be very interesting who our DC is next year & how he uses these players. Lee should be a part time Nickel/dime LB. Belichick abused him in that 1st match up. Let's see how well the Pats run us last game of the year with Lee suspended. Will be interesting.

Lee stinks even in coverage which was supposedly his forte coming out of college.  

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And just as bad in coverage

The crazy thing is we even have Lees upgrade already on the roster.  This guy needs to screw off

But, but, he's Todd Bowles Dion Buchanan! Say what you want about Macc, but Bowles fingerprints are ALL OVER THESE draft picks. He was trying to replicate what he had in Arizona. I swear, I can't wait till black Monday after the Pats game! 

Hey look, the Jets just took the lead, you know what that means? Book an 8 minute game winning drive for the opponent! With a couple holding calls on 3rd & long for good measure!

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

It's why I hope we get a new GM. He will have no loyalty to players Macc's Drafted.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:36 AM, Jetster said:

Go away Mr. 59,059 posts guy. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put me on ignore! You literally ADD NOTHING to this Jets sight. Using Integrity for your screen name is pretty strange really. Should be ignorance28.

He's had 5,000 posts since Tuesday at 8:36 a.m.? Prolific.

I think Tomlinson is an RFA, so I am betting he is at least in camp.  Sorry to disappoint you guys.

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

If the QB throws the ball directly to him he's good. (Stafford and Luck) 

otherwise...

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

No. You can say it as many different ways as you want to, but you’re wrong.

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

You willing to put your money out where where your crappy assessment comes from?

COme up with a bet...

I bet it will take you quite a while to correct the grammatical errors in this post.

Bowles [Obvious},  Skrine {upgrade the position}, Clairborne {Soft and ineffective, costly} , Carpenter {Broken down}, Kearse {invisible}, Williams {Expensive, Ineffective}, Tomlinson {Penalties, gets beat too much}.  Beachum {penalties,gets beat too much}, McClendon { ineffective,upgrade},   On the Bubble:  Winters,  Crowell,  Long {move from center} Lee {undersized}  McCown {Retire }  Oops forgot Quale, can't get him out of here fast enough

Archived