Who do we NOT WANT back?

Jetster

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

You willing to put your money out where where your crappy assessment comes from?

COme up with a bet...

It's YOUR crappy assessment.  There is absolutely NOTHING to back up your opinion.  The data and analytics say that he's good in coverage, so it doesn't really matter what you think.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kearse by far!

I like Kearse more than Anderson .. he had an off year due to OC and Rookie QB. He was not used buy Bates properly... Not any focus from the game plan. Andereson is a one trick pony made of straw. Robbie needs to hit the weight room this off-season and live there. Also needs to buy some grip excersizers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I like Kearse more than Anderson .. he had an off year due to OC and Rookie QB. He was not used buy Bates properly... Not any focus from the game plan. Andereson is a one trick pony made of straw. Robbie needs to hit the weight room this off-season and live there. Also needs to buy some grip excersizers.

I was a big Kearse fan and saw him as key depth or a good #3 after last season. I really want to believe that this is all because of Bates but I’ve seen so many plays that he flat out quit on. At least half of the issue is solely on him and even if the offensive system is trash, you have a young rookie QB looking to lean on people and learn. You don’t give up and put him in bad spots.

I’m REALLY disappointed with Kearse and torn because we could probably resign him for cheap after this bomb of a year and hopefully he can rebound. I’m not so sure that he can though after what we saw this year. 

Why is there so much hate for Crowell? I thought he played well here, given that he was timesharing and we really had no passing game. Averaged 4.8 YPC. I’ll take that however it comes, any day of the week for the $4mil per yr we paid to Crow. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I was a big Kearse fan and saw him as key depth or a good #3 after last season. I really want to believe that this is all because of Bates but I’ve seen so many plays that he flat out quit on. At least half of the issue is solely on him and even if the offensive system is trash, you have a young rookie QB looking to lean on people and learn. You don’t give up and put him in bad spots.

I’m REALLY disappointed with Kearse and torn because we could probably resign him for cheap after this bomb of a year and hopefully he can rebound. I’m not so sure that he can though after what we saw this year. 

Kearse can gfh. 

10 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

It's YOUR crappy assessment.  There is absolutely NOTHING to back up your opinion.  The data and analytics say that he's good in coverage, so it doesn't really matter what you think.

what MONEY would you like to bet on future performance?  come up with a METRIC...   for next season.

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Did you mean to say that Kearse "took the year off",  hope so

On 12/18/2018 at 6:25 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the year where we have to decide whether to pick up his 5th-year option ($3.25M).  He will not be cheap much longer. 

To prevent adding another need, my guess is we pick it up despite the 4-game suspension.  But after that, he's on a 1-year audition contract to decide whether he's worthy of a pricey extension. 

Even if we pick up his 5th year option we can rescind it. No different than what we did with Coples.

There aren't many names I'm cutting before August, just a few I'll gladly let go.

Claiborne is one such name. He's been getting picked on by QB's and despite all his "former first round" abilities he cant cope. I'll gladly let the younger pieces try to do so instead.

Kearse doesn't have chemistry with Sam and is getting up in years. He's good veteran teacher apparently, but he can go. (I'm sure Q can fill that role for the WR room)

Lee is the big one I wouldn't cut. Not giving him his 5th year either, but I'll give him the chance to fight for his job. He's shown flashes, he's still got upside (24 y/o), he's not expensive, there's nothing to lose by letting him compete in camp. Who knows what a new coach will do with him?

Carpenter and Skrine, the last two holdovers from Mac's first free agent class, need not come back, they're not only out of upside but we have replacements ready in Long and Nickerson. Thanks for the first two years Carp, happy trails. Skirne… I'm still not sure how you managed to earn the full 27 million of your contract.

Beachum however is a man we don't have a replacement for, and even if the draft looks like it could provide one it would be folly to bank on that possibility and cut bait with him. He's an average LT on an average contract. We can do better and the Jets should look for a replacement, but we can also do SO much worse. Keep him.

Crowell... push? I'd keep him but hey if the Jets think he couldn't even cut at as good RB2 I wont shed a tear. I'll miss Powell sentimentally but a 30+ RB off an injured year... there's a reality to accept there.

McCown probably shouldn't be back as a player unless the Jets really have no faith in Davis Webb or anybody else in the FA market to be Sam's backup. The "player coach" thing has given Sam what he needs, we don't need another year of it.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:56 AM, Jetster said:

A lot of threads about who we want. How about who you don't want to see in a Jets uniform next year?

Skrine, Tomlinson, Kearse, Lee, Clairborne are my top 5. 

That is a good start, but I would add Williams, and Kacy Rodgers to that list as well as Todd Bowles.

Archived