Former Packer LeRoy Butler slams Aaron Rodgers with Trubisky taunt

joewilly12

Trouble in GB nice to see other so called well ran organizations in the news for issues and its not always the NY Jets

SPORTS

Former Packer LeRoy Butler slams Aaron Rodgers with ‘Trubisky’ taunt

December 17, 2018 | 10:24am

Modal Trigger
Aaron Rodgers and LeRoy Butler
Aaron Rodgers and LeRoy ButlerGetty Images 
As the Packers fell to the Bears on Sunday, 24-17, with Chicago wrapping up the NFC North in the process, former Green Bay safety LeRoy Butler took aim at Rodgers’ talent.

“I mean really if you can’t out play Mitch Trubisky, how good are you?” Butler tweeted, jabbing both Rodgers and the Bears quarterback. “Aaron’s only job is to OUT play the other QB! Agree? You will never win scoring 17 points.”

Rodgers completed 25-of-42 pass attempts for 274 yards, without a touchdown, and threw his first interception in 402 attempts. He also was sacked five times in Sunday’s outing, which dropped the Packers to 5-8-1 and officially eliminated them from the playoff hunt.

Butler, who was part of the Packers’ championship squad with Brett Favre in 1996, played all 12 seasons of his NFL career in Green Bay, though his tenure did not overlap with Rodgers’.

Unlike the Packers of the past, the 2018 squad will finish with another losing record for the second year in a row. Team brass started to clean house early, firing head coach Mike McCarthy after 13 seasons following a loss in Week 13 to the Cardinals. But even without McCarthy, the offense has not come around.

Following McCarthy’s firing, former Packers assistant Winston Moss has taken a few shots of his own at Rodgers, who he joked “has been the head coach for the last nine years.” Moss was let go by interim head coach Joe Philbin.

Arod was happy to accept all of the accolades and praise when it was coming his way-when things went bad he shifted blame to the coaching and the roster. He should follow the Brady model and not take up so much of the teams payroll. I hate when a guy wants to be paid the most then complains about the lack of talent around him. Arod is a very good player but I would argue he will never been in the same league as brady or peyton.

Same as Bart Scott then commenting on current NY Jets issues? 
Scott, an UDFA who played hard to be relevant can say what he wants. I recall Klecko doing the same, obviously different talents but both played hard.

I think Bart has a future in coaching. Maybe if Harbaugh is hired he gets him in here in some capacity.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would love to read/hear otger Parkers of the McCarthy era viewpoint on this situation.  McCarthy has taken all the heat publicly from fans and media, but I don't think I've seen many players/former players say much.

I'm not advocating for McCarthy or anything, I just have to believe it's not quite the clear cut blame most think it is.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Same as Bart Scott then commenting on current NY Jets issues? 

Yup, he never played with any of these guys. If he goes after Bowles that's fine. At least he's getting paid to open his mouth. Not sure about Butler.

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It's not solely up to Rodgers. It takes ownership, management, and the player all being on the same page to set up a fake company and funnel money to the star to circumvent the salary cap.

Oh you me like Brady and the Pats.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:19 PM, joewilly12 said:

Trouble in GB nice to see other so called well ran organizations in the news for issues and its not always the NY Jets

SPORTS

Former Packer LeRoy Butler slams Aaron Rodgers with ‘Trubisky’ taunt

December 17, 2018 | 10:24am

Modal Trigger
Aaron Rodgers and LeRoy Butler
Aaron Rodgers and LeRoy ButlerGetty Images 
As the Packers fell to the Bears on Sunday, 24-17, with Chicago wrapping up the NFC North in the process, former Green Bay safety LeRoy Butler took aim at Rodgers’ talent.

“I mean really if you can’t out play Mitch Trubisky, how good are you?” Butler tweeted, jabbing both Rodgers and the Bears quarterback. “Aaron’s only job is to OUT play the other QB! Agree? You will never win scoring 17 points.”

Rodgers completed 25-of-42 pass attempts for 274 yards, without a touchdown, and threw his first interception in 402 attempts. He also was sacked five times in Sunday’s outing, which dropped the Packers to 5-8-1 and officially eliminated them from the playoff hunt.

Butler, who was part of the Packers’ championship squad with Brett Favre in 1996, played all 12 seasons of his NFL career in Green Bay, though his tenure did not overlap with Rodgers’.

Unlike the Packers of the past, the 2018 squad will finish with another losing record for the second year in a row. Team brass started to clean house early, firing head coach Mike McCarthy after 13 seasons following a loss in Week 13 to the Cardinals. But even without McCarthy, the offense has not come around.

Following McCarthy’s firing, former Packers assistant Winston Moss has taken a few shots of his own at Rodgers, who he joked “has been the head coach for the last nine years.” Moss was let go by interim head coach Joe Philbin.

How is this trouble in Green Bay? 

How is it trouble for the team that some idiot thinks the game was Rodgers vs Trubiski? 

And really isn't this a huge smack to Trubiski, much more than Rodgers? 

Archived