We Complain About Bad Coaching...

PCP63

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What pretty much everyone has worked with him says.

you know as opposed to a kid on the internet questioning it.  

As if QB coach is a ridiculously hard job

Have you ever coached a 21 year old QB? Not exactly the easiest thing in the world. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Yea but joe the op is complaining about our constant turning to unknown inexperienced coaches. I agree with him.

Who says mccown would make a good coach? Why do we always lately want "up and coming" asst coaches instead of experienced ones?

Half the people on this board scoff at a super bowl winner with a killer winning career record in mccarthy. I dunno... 

QB Coach is different than Head Coach. Byron effing Leftwich started this season as Josh Rosen's QB Coach and now he's the offensive coordinator. You can't tell me that McCown couldn't be the QB Coach right out of the gate.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

QB Coach of different than Head Coach. Byron effing Leftwich started this season as Josh Rosen's QB Coach and now he's the offensive coordinator. You can't tell me that McCown couldn't be the QB Coach right out of the gate.

Ok...... But does that make it right? Are the cards doing well? 

We can promote the janitor to qb coach too. 

Seems to me that if you have a young rookie franchise qb, you have a certain window. Hire a guy that has done the job before.... over taking a risky leap of faith and grabbing some interesting oc from another team. 

If darnold gets stuck with another bowles experiment, all hope is lost. He will sign with another team eventually. 

If you hire a winner, an experienced guy with a record, darnold has a chance. If he blows it its on darnild, not the oc turned head coach experiment. 

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets have one, maybe two pro bowlers this year and it's a safety and returner. They were a 5-11 team last year and the franchise threw out essentially the same roster with a rookie quarterback, and then injuries piled up mid-season just when the team was playing slightly below average and probably above expectations. I have no idea how much of a part Bowles played in that but in terms of strictly game day I'm not sure what anyone was expecting of him. Bowles is definitely a goner and deservedly so, but the problems with this franchise go way beyond the coach and I don't think it really matters who they hire to replace him; so long as the guy up in the front office doesn't know how to draft or who to pay in free agency the Jets are screwed.

I can argue the coach lost two or three games on his own. A good coach with this bad roster is closer to 500. The difference is a good coach masks allot of issues with them while a bad coach magnifies them. that is why this next hire needs to be correct. I am torn on Mac simply because Bowles is so bad there is no way anyone could convince me that if we drafted hunt for instance he would have flourished here. Look at how little player development we have had and coaching has to take some responsibility for the lack of that here

39 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ok...... But does that make it right? Are the cards doing well? 

We can promote the janitor to qb coach too. 

Seems to me that if you have a young rookie franchise qb, you have a certain window. Hire a guy that has done the job before.... over taking a risky leap of faith and grabbing some interesting oc from another team. 

If darnold gets stuck with another bowles experiment, all hope is lost. He will sign with another team eventually. 

If you hire a winner, an experienced guy with a record, darnold has a chance. If he blows it its on darnild, not the oc turned head coach experiment. 

I'm taking about McCown being the QB Coach. Nothing else. He's basically the QB Coach right now. And i for one want an established Head Coach, not an assistant. That doesn't mean McCown couldn't be the QB Coach. I think some of you are putting way too much emphasis on QB Coach when the only thing that matters is who will be the Head Coach.

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

... and the everyone seems to want an average backup quarterback with no coaching experience to put on a polo next season. What's the logic behind that? What role would he even be in? 

Prepared for butt fumble votes (even though it was Moore's fault). But it's the truth. Enough with inexperienced coaches. We already have an idiot that sucks at time management at the head. 

4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Have you ever coached a 21 year old QB? Not exactly the easiest thing in the world. 

I never kicked a XP but I am qualified to say kicking one should be easy for a professional kicker paid to do such things  

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I am as much against McCown for $10 million as I was Fitzpatrick $14 million as backup QB's 

I agree with your premise, but if memory serves me right I believe we signed Fitz for 5 mil to be a backup the first year and 12 mil to be a starter the following year.  10 mil for McCown to be a backup just didn't make sense when there was other better candidates even on our own roster for less.

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The difference between a 3-win team and a 5-win team is luck, not coaching. And to be honest it's easier to win 5 than it is 3. That's why most of the league has at least 5 wins.

luck had nothing to do with Bowles blowing the browns game.....you are right it is easier to win five then to only win three. But this team with a decent coach is closer to 500 then they are now

22 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It was the 3rd game they had played in 11 days. Against a franchise that was beyond overdue for a win. That’s bad luck.

its not bad luck when you have a lead and then coach does not adjust his game plan when qbs change. Sorry but I dont agree with the 3rd game in 11 days we had a lead at half and the coach went on the air said he was not changing his game plan after the new qb came in and started moving the ball. 

That alone should have gotten him fired. He is just a bad coach not adjusting your game plan for a new qb after you see it is not really working......this is on the coach 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/26/jamal-adams-jets-didnt-have-a-game-plan-for-baker-mayfield/

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Top for that postiton coach. Just because a player is white and untalented doesn’t mean he can coach. 

Now I know how misinformed you are... Pennington is actually very high football acumen and he was very talented as well... He was one of the most accurate QB in the league while he played. Not to mention he is also a Rhodes Scholar and started his own football program... You can have your own opinion but seriously you couldn't have made a more racist uniformed statement if you tried... Moronic opinion.

Plus he tutored QBs for years... I can't believe how dumb some board members have become... You are just arguing just to argue it feels like at this point because there is no way an intelligent person would come to such a dumb conclusion.

21 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Now I know how misinformed you are... Pennington is actually very high football acumen and he was very talented as well... He was one of the most accurate QB in the league while he played. Not to mention he is also a Rhodes Scholar and started his own football program... You can have your own opinion but seriously you couldn't have made a more racist uniformed statement if you tried... Moronic opinion.

Plus he tutored QBs for years... I can't believe how dumb some board members have become... You are just arguing just to argue it feels like at this point because there is no way an intelligent person would come to such a dumb conclusion.

I was talking about Pennington, Fitz and McCown 

On 12/17/2018 at 4:47 PM, joewilly12 said:

Years past I have noticed NY Jets QB's come off the field and sit or stand now you see them looking at the laptop or being talked to by someone mainly McCown here. 

Isn't that amazing? I can't ever recall Jets Qbs doing this. It drove me crazy.

17 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

And I was talking about Pennington... Do your homework... Study up because you obviously don't have any clue to what you are talking about.

And I was talking about 3 QBs. The thread is about McCown I added Fitz as well as Chad.  Everytime we have a sh*tty white QB that’s people like they think he’s going to be a great coach. Not sure what homework you’re talking about doing. You responded to me. 

Archived