Rivera has to now be a frontrunner for HC of NYJ

jgb

To be clear I'm not rooting for this, just predicting Rivera will get fired after that abomination of a game plan last night. That was the worst 2 minute drill I've ever seen. I also think they are covering up an injury to Cam. And if he gets fired, I could definitely see Woody going for him.

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

To be clear I'm not rooting for this, just predicting Rivera will get fired after that abomination of a game plan last night. That was the worst 2 minute drill I've ever seen. I also think they are covering up an injury to Cam. And if he gets fired, I could definitely see Woody going for him.

I put more blame on poor play by Cam rather than the HC. I always liked Rivera, but if he were the guy, he would have to have a really good OC. 

Cam newton cant be consistent cos, well, hes not all that he was made out to be.

and it was Jose Mourinho got sacked, not RiverBoat Ron.

While he has a D background at least he has balls...  think wed ever halfback option for a TD on 4th and 2 from midfield in the 1q???

Cam Newton was God awful last night! OMG! After watching Sam on Saturday & how accurate he was on the move, then watching Newton last night slinging balls into the turf, I was like that God Sam fell to us. 

He has to be hurt. Their entire offense had to be run in a 10 yard box! Plus his only weapon was McCaffrey. But his accuracy is horrible.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Well I'm sold. It would be like we fired Bowles but didn't really fire him.

If we hire another "dyed in the weeds" old school defensive head coach again, I may just give up on football. I might not survive the ensuing 5 years of hell. Rivera is an absolutely terrible coach, that had 1 season where people had no clue had to defend Newton and every roll and break went their way. Only Fisher would be a worse hire.

Riley, Toub, Shane Waldron, those are my guys I look at. Might even interview Brant Boyer

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not me. There is not a single one worth another bite at the apple. I have no issue with former HCs in a OC role.

So you’re in favor of another promotional HC project? The Jets have only hired 3 Previous HC’s to be a Jet HC. And one was Ewbank who won SB III

Can we please stop it with the "offensive minded" and "defensive minded" garbage? A good coach wins in spite of offense or defense being their specialty. A "defensive coach" has been to the Super Bowl seven times out of the past seventeen Super Bowls, winning five of them.

Our next coach doesn't need to be offensive or defensive minded. Our next coach needs to win games. Our next coach can be both offensive minded and good, but I'll take the good part over offensive. 

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Can we please stop it with the "offensive minded" and "defensive minded" garbage? A good coach wins in spite of offense or defense being their specialty. A "defensive coach" has been to the Super Bowl seven times out of the past seventeen Super Bowls, winning five of them.

Our next coach doesn't need to be offensive or defensive minded. Our next coach needs to win games. Our next coach can be both offensive minded and good, but I'll take the good part over offensive. 

Why people think a coach has to be an OC to have a good offense is flawed thinking.  From Shula to Belichick there have been lots of "defensive" HCs who have been great HCs with great offenses.  

Archived