KRL

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KRL said:

Could Shanahan come in as President of Football Operations pick
the HC and be over him and Maccagnan?

Chad Forbes‏ @NFLDraftBites 4h4 hours ago

#Jets Status Mike Maccagnan irrelevant. Next Coach will have power in organization. Jets want to go 'Big Game' Hunting.

Mike Shanahan is clearly very interested in the position. For the "Mike Shanahan is too old crowd".... Born less than 2

months prior to Bruce Arians.

Lots of thoughts on this but the one comment I'll throw out there now is this -  This is a very good sign that, as I suspected, there will be a lot of interest from very good football people in coming to coach Sam Darnold.  They see something.  They also see the Cap situation and likely think that the most difficult piece to find (QB) has been found.

This is very positive simply from an interest and competition standpoint.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sign me up for Mike Shanahan.

In my wishlist retread department:

- Holmgren

- Shanahan

- A Harbaugh (Just don’t know if either will be available. John keeps winning and Jim’s daddy just retired and ensures no more spankings).

- McCarthy

I'd insert Bill Cowher and probably reorder them like...

- Shanahan

- Holmgren

- Harbaugh

- Cowher

- McCarthy

Once again...

- Offensive guru
- Super Bowl pedigree
- Plenty of front office experience 
- Knows how to assemble a FANTASTIC offensive staff
- Changed his entire offense to suit gimmicky RGIII, who had the most efficient season by a rookie QB in history
- Drafted a legit franchise QB in the 4th round (Cousins)
- Runs an incredibly balanced offensive system
- Doesn’t take sh*t from anyone 
- Is one of the most connected guys in league history
- Produces 1,000 yard rushers like it’s no sweat off his balls
- Darnold would be virtually guaranteed to develop into a Top 10 QB

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Could Shanahan come in as President of Football Operations pick
the HC and be over him and Maccagnan?

Chad Forbes‏ @NFLDraftBites 4h4 hours ago

#Jets Status Mike Maccagnan irrelevant. Next Coach will have power in organization. Jets want to go 'Big Game' Hunting.

Mike Shanahan is clearly very interested in the position. For the "Mike Shanahan is too old crowd".... Born less than 2

months prior to Bruce Arians.

If this were TRUE this would IMMEDIATELY improve the Jets and I mean IMMEDIATELY improve them.

I wanted Shanahan to be the HC and please do not say Redskins to me that owner is NUTS!

So if I had to have ONE DREAM scenario this would be it!!!

GOD WOULD LITERALLY REWARD MY PRAYERS!!!!

FIRST DARNOLD NOW THIS!!!!

Make it so God PLEASE!!!!

Image result for child praying gif

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Once again...

- Offensive guru
- Super Bowl pedigree
- Plenty of front office experience 
- Knows how to assemble a FANTASTIC offensive staff
- Changed his entire offense to suit gimmicky RGIII, who had the most efficient season by a rookie QB in history
- Drafted a legit franchise QB in the 4th round (Cousins)
- Runs an incredibly balanced offensive system
- Doesn’t take sh*t from anyone 
- Is one of the most connected guys in league history
- Produces 1,000 yard rushers like it’s no sweat off his balls
- Darnold would be virtually guaranteed to develop into a Top 10 QB

You forgot...

- Taught Jeremy Bates everything he knows

56 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I agree on this.  There's a big difference between developing a QB and play design/game management.  Bates could be a terrific "handler" for Darnold but he sucks as a play caller (or he is too influenced by Bowles)

That's why the Vikings realized pretty quickly that Defillipo rode Reich's coattails and got rid of him before he completely destroyed their season.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

He also forgot traded 3 first rounders and a 2nd rounder for RG3...

and people whine about picking Hack 51st overall... 

It’s common knowledge that Shanny wanted nothing to do with RGIII.

The biggest reason he was axed was because of all of the in-fighting between him and Snyder over Cousins vs Griffin.

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

If this were TRUE this would IMMEDIATELY improve the Jets and I mean IMMEDIATELY improve them.

I wanted Shanahan to be the HC and please do not say Redskins to me that owner is NUTS!

So if I had to have ONE DREAM scenario this would be it!!!

SAM WOULD LITERALLY REWARD MY PRAYERS!!!!

FIRST DARNOLD NOW THIS!!!!

Make it so Sam PLEASE!!!!

Image result for child praying gif

Edited for adherence to JetNation's religion rules.

Big Game Hunting

https://www.wsaw.com/content/sports/REPORT-McCarthy-to-New-York-Jets-502990871.html

REPORT: McCarthy to New York Jets?

MCCARTHY+IMAGE.jpg
By WBAY | 
Posted: Mon 9:59 PM, Dec 17, 2018
Social-Facebook-34.png Social-Twitter-34.png Social-LinkedIn-34.png Social-Google-34.png Social-Email-34.png Social-Print-34.png

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) -- The NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo is reporting former Green Bay Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy is “very high” on the New York Jets list of replacements for current Head Coach Todd Bowles.

Bowles is 24-38 since becoming the Jets head coaching in 2015. The team is 4-10 this season.

“If Mike McCarthy decides that he wants to jump right in a coaching this could be a landing spot for him. If he’s not at the top of the Jets’ list, I’m told that he is very high up there. They love the work that he did with the Green Bay Packers offensively,” Mike Garafolo said on NFL Network.

Garafolo added McCarthy could decided to take a year off from coaching after spending the past 13 years in Green Bay.

Since McCarthy was fired following the team’s loss to the Arizona Cardinals in Week 13, McCarthy has also been linked to the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns fired its head coach Hue Jackson in Week 8. Cleveland’s front office and roster is full of links to the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers, under interim head coach Joe Philbin will play against the New York Jets this Sunday.

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s common knowledge that Shanny wanted nothing to do with RGIII.

The biggest reason he was axed was because of all of the in-fighting between him and Snyder over Cousins vs Griffin.

Yeah..  after the fact he wanted nothing to do with him.  Same as the Jets with Hack with far less draft capital wasted.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Yeah..  after the fact he wanted nothing to do with him.  Same as the Jets with Hack with far less draft capital wasted.

After the fact?

The Redskins traded multiple picks to land RGIII and then still drafted Cousins two days later.

Snyder was infatuated with the shiny new toy that was RGIII and Shanahan wanted the more traditional NFL QB.

Obviously Shanahan was right in the end. One guy is a 3rd stringer in Baltimore after being out of the league for two years while the other just signed the first fully guaranteed contract in NFL history.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

After the fact?

The Redskins traded multiple picks to land RGIII and then still drafted Cousins two days later.

Snyder was infatuated with the shiny new toy that was RGIII and Shanahan wanted the more traditional NFL QB.

Obviously Shanahan was right in the end. One guy is a 3rd stringer in Baltimore after being out of the league for two years while the other just signed the first fully guaranteed contract in NFL history.

The point was that Shanny in some way signed off on that travesty of a trade.  You can't tell me that a coach with that much supposed gravitas sat idly by while picks and trades were made against his will.

Don't get me wrong - he's light years better than Bowles...  I just don't think a 66 year old coach with a couple years left is the guy I want paired with Darnold.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The point was that Shanny in some way signed off on that travesty of a trade.  You can't tell me that a coach with that much supposed gravitas sat idly by while picks and trades were made against his will.

Don't get me wrong - he's light years better than Bowles...  I just don't think a 66 year old coach with a couple years left is the guy I want paired with Darnold.

No idea if he's just been covering his own ass, but he's been vocal about being against it at the time. He claims he told Snyder a few times he didn't think Griffin was worth the compensation.

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Dan Snyder is known as one of the most meddlesome owners in professional sports.

At the end of the day, he’s the billionaire head honcho who has final say.

The fact that the Redskins gave up all of that draft capital over a span of 2-3 years yet still found it necessary to draft another QB less than 48 hours after taking RGIII should tell you that Shanny wasn’t exactly sold on the guy.

And frankly, I couldn't care less about his age. If he gives me 3-4 good years while developing Darnold into a legit franchise QB, then that’s just peaches and cream. Really all I could ask for. And then he probably leaves someone like Matt LaFleur or maybe even his son as his successor.

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Dan Snyder is known as one of the most meddlesome owners in professional sports.

At the end of the day, he’s the billionaire head honcho who has final say.

The fact that the Redskins gave up all of that draft capital over a span of 2-3 years yet still found it necessary to draft another QB less than 48 hours after taking RGIII should tell you that Shanny wasn’t exactly sold on the guy.

And frankly, I couldn't care less about his age. If he gives me 3-4 good years while developing Darnold into a legit franchise QB, then that’s just peaches and cream. Really all I could ask for. And then he probably leaves someone like Matt LaFleur or maybe even his son as his successor.

Well I'd rather have Shanny than McCarthy so there's that.

I'm still holding out hope for Chris Petersen or someone like Matt Campbell.  This purported "big game hunting" sounds silly...  The game is changing so it doesn't make a lot of sense to hire coaches from a bygone era.

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Obviously Mac is not cut out to be in charge, but because they like him I can see a compromise like this very much.. He obviously would not be hired as a GM anywhere else, so he would have to be ok with a demotion.

Yea demote his azz.  Let Mac be in charge of making the coffee.

Shannahan is more than a HC because he will be bringing an organizational infrastructure which is just as crucial as being the HC.  

Indeed the last 4 HCs the Jets hired really couldn't command the respect of the league to guarantee top quality assistants across the board. Rex and now Bowles had folks that might not be on any other staff in their current designated positions and that is really really telling......

Shanny please... please....please...

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I can’t wait till this is over and half the board will say we hit pay dirt, quarter the board will hate the coach and the other quarter won’t give a ****. 

Oh come on? Everyone gives a sh*t right now, any idiot that watched last Saturday's game saw a f*cking 21 year old QB facing a a team that had won 9 out of 10 games, has JJ Watt, Jadaveon Clowney, Mercillus, and the best WR currently in football taken to the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Stop being an idiot, everyone knows this kid Darnold is special, that brings out out interest from anyone who has an interest in continuing their coaching career in the NFL! It's no f*cking different than a coach being offered the LSU job or Louisiana Tech. 

How the f*ck are Jet fans still skeptical? Darnolds a f*cking dream QB scenario! The Jaguars got Tom Coughlin with Blake Bortles! Because of Maccs move to 3 Jets are top 2 destination. Browns...Jets...that's it. 32 teams...Jets are at the top. Believe it, it's true. Stop being buzz kills, it's ok to be optimistic. How many fans have come on this site & exclaimed ITS ALL ABOUT THE QB? Well, the QB is here for a coach with BRASS BALLS! 

Archived