Free Agent Offensive Linemen

Philc1

I think we will all be surprised with a trade...saw an article saying that with a probable house cleaning at Tamoa coming up Mike Evans could potentially be put on the trading block...he signed a 20 million dollar deal and the new regime might not want that albatross contract...

Adding Mike Evans, Lev Bell and draft  Jonah Williams/Greg Little in the first round. Add  one more offensive lineman and another receiver in the third round. The Jets could do a lot worse than that.

7 hours ago, tfine said:

Jonathan Harrison has done a nice job at center. I think we are set at center and guard. I am more concerned with tackle

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jonathan Harrison is a valuable swing player.  He does not appear to be a dominant center.  Finding one would free us up to keep him in that role or use him elsewhere.  We are so thin/bereft on the offensive line,  we need more than one or two other options

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Paradis has to be the biggest target outside of EDGE players in FA. He upgrades us and gives us depth in the interior. Also he’ll be 30 and he’s not heavy so he could last til 33/34 years old. If Mangold was in better shape he’d have last a few more years at center but he always had kind of a belly. 

Yeah "kind of  a belly" and "kind of a Beard" too

29 minutes ago, HessStation said:

All I care about is Sam Darnold next year. I’ll worry about competing for a Super Bowl next.

That's why you sign 2 in free agency (Trent Brown & Matt Paradis) and draft a Center. Maybe a decent one falls to the 4th that we can develop in 2 years? 

6 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

Sure do miss 74. I fondly remember him beating the crap out of that bastard Vince Wilfork season in and season out. I'm sure it made Wilfork nuts.

Spotted him on the sideline at the weekend. Boy did we have a great run at Center until resently.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Spending a sh*tload of money won't hurt our future at all AS LONG AS WE DRAFT WELL and have young guys developing. Everyone bashes Macc for not extending players but look at it now.

People also, correctly, bash Maccagnan for not drafting well. 

How about a draft like this? Trade back with the Giants for an 2nd rounder and BAM! O-line is set!

FA's on defense!

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (NYG): Williams, Jonah, OT, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 9 (NYG): Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College (B+)
Round 3 Pick 3: Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A+)
Round 3 Pick 31: Burkett, Jesse, C, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3: Hyatt, Mitch, OT, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 3: Ivey, Martez, OT, Florida (A+)

Round 7 Pick 2: Langley, Isaiah, CB, Southern California (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3: Patrick, Jacques, RB, Florida State (A+)

8 hours ago, tfine said:

Jonathan Harrison has done a nice job at center. I think we are set at center and guard. I am more concerned with tackle

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't think we're set anywhere, but agree that the edges should be the priority. Harrison has done a great job thought. I say great because the snaps are getting to the QB and I don't hear his name called.

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Paradis has to be the biggest target outside of EDGE players in FA. He upgrades us and gives us depth in the interior. Also he’ll be 30 and he’s not heavy so he could last til 33/34 years old. If Mangold was in better shape he’d have last a few more years at center but he always had kind of a belly. 

He is an excellent poster with serious hunger for tight ends.

2 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I think we will all be surprised with a trade...saw an article saying that with a probable house cleaning at Tamoa coming up Mike Evans could potentially be put on the trading block...he signed a 20 million dollar deal and the new regime might not want that albatross contract...

Adding Mike Evans, Lev Bell and draft  Jonah Williams/Greg Little in the first round. Add  one more offensive lineman and another receiver in the third round. The Jets could do a lot worse than that.

What pick(s)/player(s) would we be giving up to get Evans?

You seem to be operating under the belief we'd keep our 1st, and we don't have a 2nd. 

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

C - Paradis

T - Brown

Edge - DeMarcus Lawrence

RB - Ingram

Roll into the draft looking to trade down to pick up an extra 1st next year or a 2 this year and take BPA at WR and then target C and G in the 3rd.

You’re hired! Just knock the empty Starbucks cups off the desk when you go into your new office. 

On 12/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

Hopefully we could squeeze 2 years out of him(Paradis) because he’ll be 30 this early next season. I’d rather a longer term option but we are desperate.

2 years is a long time in the nfl and we can draft and develop a successor

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It really sucks when a retiring player on another team would be head and shoulders the best player in his position group on your team.

Sure. But didn't Brick and Mangold retire at similar age? They would each walk into our team today...

On 12/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

Hopefully we could squeeze 2 years out of him(Paradis) because he’ll be 30 this early next season. I’d rather a longer term option but we are desperate.

2 years guaranteed = only signing him through his age 30-31 season, then annual team options thereafter. I’m on board. 

31 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

For $1m more per year we could have had a pro bowl center in Pouncey.  Instead we signed a center who can’t fulfil the 1 single requirement of the position.  

Well in all fairness, he did get his hand mashed and dislocated two fingers on his snapping hand early in the season.  Bowles kept him at C for 5 weeks.  

Best strategy is to compile picks and strengthen the OL. Looks like we will  pick in top 5 so we can trade back and get some extra picks. Pull off another Sheldon type trade with Lee and Williams, who qualify as trade bait - get a late first and second or 2 two’s for them. At this point, they are highly expendable. Sign a few prominent FA OL and draft heavily and invest in the OL and a quality RB in the draft. This would instantly upgrade the OL, help Darnold develop and keep him safe and transform the offense. This aint rocket science. 

Archived