Draft Watch - Packers place two players on IR

jamesr

Just now, bealeb319 said:

You see how Rodgers played last week? Basically same stats as darnold if I am not mistaken. This has not been the best season for the packers or Rodgers.

Yes, its most certainly been a down year for Rodgers.  But even Rodgers at only, say, 60 % effectiveness compared to his usual self is scary. 

47 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Darnold plays well but lose is best outcome..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Perfect. We couldn't ask for anything more.  Oh... no more injuries.  Losing Rishard Matthews was devastating 

Perfect. We couldn't ask for anything more.  Oh... no more injuries.  Losing Rishard Matthews was devastating 
Very devastated. He did make a nice 3rd down reception against the Jill's I think..

Obviously no injuries to anyone especially you know the QB..

6 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Very devastated. He did make a nice 3rd down reception against the Jill's I think..

Obviously no injuries to anyone especially you know the QB..

Right. the joke doesn't remove the sentiment of hoping no one else gets injured of course. 

Hey.. remember when everyone said Matthews would have more of an impact than Pryor?  lol 

Right. the joke doesn't remove the sentiment of hoping no one else gets injured of course. 
Hey.. remember when everyone said Matthews would have more of an impact than Pryor?  lol 
Yes, what a joke. But the Pryor thing is a mystery. He has to be injured and is telling teams he isn't.

rodgers will be a HOF..  but i have always noted that his WR's produce for him...

make some top level NFL WR cathes on the routine...

i mean he's been hurt and all and is having an off year...   but he ALWASY got help...   without it...  looks rather mortal...

and the hits are piling up over the years..  hes lost a step

Winning this game would be a great thing.

I don’t care about the draft position anymore.

Why are people so obsessed with picking #3 or #4 so we can draft someone like Clelin Ferrell or Quinnen Williams?

I’d rather be picking a few spots lower so that some offensive guys like Jonah Williams and D.K. Metcalf can realistically enter the conversation.

We already have our franchise QB, I couldn’t care less about tanking for some interior DL or the 3rd rated edgerusher.

Handle business against Green Bay, pull off a nice upset against New England to close things out and then get Mike Shanahan on the phone. Nice way to enter the offseason.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001687/article/injury-roundup-packers-place-aaron-jones-knee-on-ir

So Green Bay will be without their RB and NT this week after placing both on IR.

Gives a better chance for us to win, with the knock-on effect on draft position (for those that are keeping track :-) ).

I'd say it sounds like a good chance for this backup RB to make a name for himself against our bendable D

6 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Yes, what a joke. But the Pryor thing is a mystery. He has to be injured and is telling teams he isn't.

Maybe he is just a dick and not very good.  I am one  of the guys that stuck up for Matthews.  I don't think they should be using him much because he is older and they need to get some young blood and make a decision on what they have. It is not that easy to join a team mid-season and have an impact.  Since the Jets cut Pryor, Pryor has 2 catches for 17 yards with 0 TDs on 8 targets.  Matthews has 2 catches for 13 yards and 0 TDs on 3 targets.  This is kind of the Braylon Edwards in SF argument.  They are gone and they are done.  We don't miss them, but we need to determine who we move on to for the future.

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Winning this game would be a great thing.

I don’t care about the draft position anymore.

Why are people so obsessed with picking #3 or #4 so we can draft someone like Clelin Ferrell or Quinnen Williams?

I’d rather be picking a few spots lower so that some offensive guys like Jonah Williams and D.K. Metcalf can realistically enter the conversation.

We already have our franchise QB, I couldn’t care less about tanking for some interior DL or the 3rd rated edgerusher.

Handle business against Green Bay, pull off a nice upset against New England to close things out and then get Mike Shanahan on the phone. Nice way to enter the offseason.

3 or 4? A few spots lower? If that were only the case. One win could be the difference from picking 2nd down to 8th.

Maybe he is just a dick and not very good.  I am one  of the guys that stuck up for Matthews.  I don't think they should be using him much because he is older and they need to get some young blood and make a decision on what they have. It is not that easy to join a team mid-season and have an impact.  Since the Jets cut Pryor, Pryor has 2 catches for 17 yards with 0 TDs on 8 targets.  Matthews has 2 catches for 13 yards and 0 TDs on 3 targets.  This is kind of the Braylon Edwards in SF argument.  They are gone and they are done.  We don't miss them, but we need to determine who we move on to for the future.
It's possible but he was better than Matthews. It's just bizzare considering all the BS connected to him.

Similar to the Kearse BS. Makes you wonder if there was more than an injury that Kearse was annoyed he was taking reps from him.

Bottom line the conspiracy is more interesting than their play on the field.

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

I hear you. it's tough but we have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by winning. Last week was perfect. Team played hard but took a loss, not the worse outcome.

Next week will be tough against the Pats. Love to cost them a lower seed in the playoffs. Maybe lose a home field advantage.

I hear you. it's tough but we have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by winning. Last week was perfect. Team played hard but took a loss, not the worse outcome.
Next week will be tough against the Pats. Love to cost them a lower seed in the playoffs. Maybe lose a home field advantage.
I know would be nice if the raiders and Cardinals win one of their remaining games.

27 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

rodgers will be a HOF..  but i have always noted that his WR's produce for him...

make some top level NFL WR cathes on the routine...

i mean he's been hurt and all and is having an off year...   but he ALWASY got help...   without it...  looks rather mortal...

and the hits are piling up over the years..  hes lost a step

Isn't this the same for ANY NFL QB ?

35 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He's hurt ? Honestly didn't realize that. I only remember him getting one catch, like you said, in the Bills game. Unreal

16 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

3 or 4? A few spots lower? If that were only the case. One win could be the difference from picking 2nd down to 8th.

I guess, but Bosa is virtually guaranteed to be the #1 pick.

So who are we so on board with tanking for?

Ed Oliver? Clelin Ferrell? Greedy Williams? Quennin Williams? Josh Allen?

This is going to be a VERY defense heavy draft at the top.

Picking in that 6-10 area just increases the odds that we go the offensive route. Which I’m all for.

The edgerusher market in FA actually looks pretty damn solid even if you exclude the likes of Lawrence and Clowney.

The OL/WR market on the other hand? It’s dreadful. 

Bottom line, I’ll take another win or two and a good LT prospect like Jonah Williams or a potential #1 WR like Metcalf over losing out and getting an 8 sack a year guy like Ferrell.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I guess, but Bosa is virtually guaranteed to be the #1 pick.

So who are we so on board with tanking for?

Ed Oliver? Clelin Ferrell? Greedy Williams? Quennin Williams? Josh Allen?

This is going to be a VERY defense heavy draft at the top.

Picking in that 6-10 area just increases the odds that we go the offensive route. Which I’m all for.

The edgerusher market in FA actually looks pretty damn solid even if you exclude the likes of Lawrence and Clowney.

The OL/WR market on the other hand? It’s dreadful. 

Bottom line, I’ll take another win or two and a good LT prospect like Jonah Williams or a potential #1 WR like Metcalf over losing out and getting an 8 sack a year guy like Ferrell.

We're tanking for no one. I want us to have a higher pick like #3 so it's more valuable when we trade down to that 6-10 area. Why not get that, say #8 pick, and pick up a couple extra 2nd and 3rd rounders in the bargain? 

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

We're tanking for no one. I want us to have a higher pick like #3 so it's more valuable when we trade down to that 6-10 area. Why not get that, say #8 pick, and pick up a couple extra 2nd and 3rd rounders in the bargain? 

Because I hate playing the hypothetical trade down game.

It’s far more likely that we’d end up staying at pick #3 and taking the best available interior DL/edgerusher.

If we’re picking at say, #8, then guys like Bosa, Oliver, Ferrell , Q. Williams and Allen are probably all off the board and we may be more inclined to take the best LT or WR in the draft over the 4th ranked passrusher.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Because I hate playing the hypothetical trade down game.

It’s far more likely that we’d end up staying at pick #3 and taking the best available interior DL/edgerusher.

If we’re picking at say, #8, then guys like Bosa, Oliver, Ferrell , Q. Williams and Allen are probably all off the board and we may be more inclined to take the best LT or WR in the draft over the 4th ranked passrusher.

I know exactly what you're saying but I like to dream. So few good QB's in this draft, as of now, I can see someone (Giants?) moving up to grab Herbert at #3 if we start the right rumours that other teams are interested in the #3 pick.

5 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Best waqy to recruit a good HC or GM is to win these next two games with Darnold performing well.

A good HC & GM is better than anyone in this draft who we'd be picking.

We're already out of the running for Bosa..... so go get a great HC!!

I'd say it sounds like a good chance for this backup RB to make a name for himself against our bendable D
If they really want to win, just sit Rodgers ... we know Bowles can't cope with backup QBs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Bingo.

Wouldn't mind a repeat of last week vs. Houston.

Jets play hard, Darnold looks great, lose a close game in the 4th quarter.

Also, this is the kind of defense that Darnold has to really look good against.  He's done well against two solid defenses in back-to-back weeks (Buffalo, Houston).  Green Bay isn't the same caliber as those two.  Hoping Sam can continue his trend of good play.

Archived