Draft Watch - Packers place two players on IR

jamesr

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Winning this game would be a great thing.

I don’t care about the draft position anymore.

Why are people so obsessed with picking #3 or #4 so we can draft someone like Clelin Ferrell or Quinnen Williams?

I’d rather be picking a few spots lower so that some offensive guys like Jonah Williams and D.K. Metcalf can realistically enter the conversation.

We already have our franchise QB, I couldn’t care less about tanking for some interior DL or the 3rd rated edgerusher.

Handle business against Green Bay, pull off a nice upset against New England to close things out and then get Mike Shanahan on the phone. Nice way to enter the offseason.

Well said. A lot on this board have this dumb obsession with picking 3 instead of 7. I would rather Darnold play well and lead winning drives. In addition I agree would rather the Jets pick an offensive playmaker to help Darnold out.

7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Disagree . It was a start. 5 receptions per game would work out to 80 for the season. Pretty decent I would say.

Previous to that performance:  Three games, two receptions.  On a team lacking wide receiver talent.  Not exactly Impressive.  Great " looking" player, not a great player.  That is why he is so well traveled and has yet to stick anywhere.  Liked the pick-up at the time.  Didn't understand why he was available.  Now I do.

19 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Well said. A lot on this board have this dumb obsession with picking 3 instead of 7. I would rather Darnold play well and lead winning drives. In addition I agree would rather the Jets pick an offensive playmaker to help Darnold out.

I'm torn about losing because I always want the Jets to win, and Darnold to do well.  That being said,  trading #3 could probably get you #7 and a second rounder.  On a team with so many needs an extra #2 would be sweet.  Also remember this: Winning out revives the possibility/excuse of bringing back the dreaded "BOWLES"  Could you live with that? 

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Winning on the back of Darnold is far more important than a better draft slot. I couldn't have been happier after the beating the BIlls and I would have been fine if Darnold lead us to a victory this past week. I have no interest in winning defensive minded games where Todd Bowles plays it uber conservative. 

Around the NFL  

Philbin won't say if Aaron Rodgers will play vs. Jets

By Kevin Patra

Around the NFL Writer

Published: Dec. 19, 2018 at 12:14 p.m.

Joe Philbin plans to start Green Bay Packers players who are healthy. It remains to be seen if that group includes Aaron Rodgers.

Days after saying the quarterback would play if healthy, the Packers interim coach wouldn't definitively state whether Rodgers would practice Wednesday or play Sunday versus the New York Jets.

"I'm hopeful he's going to practice, and I'm hopeful he's going to play," Philbin said Wednesday, via Rob Demovky of ESPN.

Rogers suffered a groin injury in Sunday's loss to the Chicago Bears. The signal-caller said the injury bothered him "a little bit" in the second half.

It's possible the Packers could use the groin tweak as an excuse to shut down the quarterback for the final two weeks of the season. If that's the plan, Philbin is not letting the cat out of the bag yet.

Best waqy to recruit a good HC or GM is to win these next two games with Darnold performing well.

A good HC & GM is better than anyone in this draft who we'd be picking.

We're already out of the running for Bosa..... so go get a great HC!!
You never know, maybe they do have a shot for #1 pick. Obviously Sunday's outcomes will pretty much confirm who gets it...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

He's hurt ? Honestly didn't realize that. I only remember him getting one catch, like you said, in the Bills game. Unreal

That one catch was all he had in the tank it seems. He caught it, went out of bounds and said "aaaaaaaand i'm spent"  lol 

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Why are people so obsessed with picking #3 or #4 so we can draft someone like Clelin Ferrell or Quinnen Williams?

I’d rather be picking a few spots lower so that some offensive guys like Jonah Williams and D.K. Metcalf can realistically enter the conversation.

We already have our franchise QB, I couldn’t care less about tanking for some interior DL or the 3rd rated edgerusher.

Handle business against Green Bay, pull off a nice upset against New England to close things out and then get Mike Shanahan on the phone. Nice way to enter the offseason.

I had this mentality but reality is the draft board will be way different by May. All the QBs will be overvalued closer to the draft. Definitely still better to have #3 or maybe get lucky and sneak into #1. Maybe months from now Haskins or Herbert are projected top 3 and we can fleece the Jags 

13 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. the joke doesn't remove the sentiment of hoping no one else gets injured of course. 

Hey.. remember when everyone said Matthews would have more of an impact than Pryor?  lol 

You could make the argument Pryor is still one of the 3 most impactful receivers for the Jets this year. 

8 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I'm torn about losing because I always want the Jets to win, and Darnold to do well.  That being said,  trading #3 could probably get you #7 and a second rounder.  On a team with so many needs an extra #2 would be sweet.  Also remember this: Winning out revives the possibility/excuse of bringing back the dreaded "BOWLES"  Could you live with that? 

This is such a nonsensical throw s*it at a wall post. It really is. Who is moving from 7 to 3? You have no idea. Who are they moving up to take? You have no idea. Is it a QB? That’s probably what you’re thinking. Which one though? Again, you have no idea. Look at the QBs in this draft. Why would you need to move up from 7 to get one? This time I’m the one who has no idea. Because I have no idea how you came up with this. Then as if the whole trading down thing wasnt bad enough, you sandwiched the beginning and end of the post with gobbledygook you’ve seen in a million posts here.

You could make the argument Pryor is still one of the 3 most impactful receivers for the Jets this year. 

Right.
You could also make the argument that the season went to hell as soon as we cut him. Two wins in a row where he had 3 td’s and a 5 catch game. We cut him and went into a 6 game skid.

Pryor, at minimum, had to be accounted for by the defense. We took that away from a rookie qb who had just developed chemistry with his receiver. We replaced him with Matthews who caught a pass or two since his signing.

Hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Benedict Arnold

13 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Who has 4 INTs this year despite having a very poor season

2 out of those 4 came against the Bills via rookie Josh Allen, and they were not the type of interceptions you boast and brag about. Darrelle Revis off his couch with an achy knee could have made those gift wrapped interceptions from the sloppy Josh Allen that day. Watch this Sunday when Davante Adams beats Trumaine "Woody" Johnson routinely and then ask yourself if you're happy he's on the Jets.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

2 out of those 4 came against the Bills via rookie Josh Allen, and they were not the type of interceptions you boast and brag about. Darrelle Revis off his couch with an achy knee could have made those gift wrapped interceptions from the sloppy Josh Allen that day. Watch this Sunday when Davante Adams beats Trumaine "Woody" Johnson routinely and then ask yourself if you're happy he's on the Jets.

Well thats what I meant. Even in a sh*tty year he has 4 INTs

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well thats what I meant. Even in a sh*tty year he has 4 INTs

To those that watch the games and don't just rely on statistics know he's a bad corner who was gifted half his 4 interceptions. He'll be beat routinely this Sunday. I would not be surprised if Davante Adams has 100 yards receiving before the half.

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This is such a nonsensical throw s*it at a wall post. It really is. Who is moving from 7 to 3? You have no idea. Who are they moving up to take? You have no idea. Is it a QB? That’s probably what you’re thinking. Which one though? Again, you have no idea. Look at the QBs in this draft. Why would you need to move up from 7 to get one? This time I’m the one who has no idea. Because I have no idea how you came up with this. Then as if the whole trading down thing wasnt bad enough, you sandwiched the beginning and end of the post with gobbledygook you’ve seen in a million posts here.

Listen Genius,  I don't care who they trade with, who the other team is trading for.  I don't care if it's a QB,  Defensive End or a Cockroach. Every draft a Quarterback that is not highly regarded  invariably rises to the top of the draft, mostly because he has become a hot commodity or a team has a real need.  We aren't even sure if all the players that are coming out yet have declared for the draft.  Before the draft where was Trubisky rated.  Probably around 18.  And where did he end up getting drafted.  What amazes me is that you took so much time to scrutinize every aspect of the post,  when it was clear that the point was simply,  Someone will probably be willing to trade up to three,  like we did to get a player they covet.  Don't have to be such an a$$hole.  P.S.  I don't glean ideas from other posts just to make a point.  I use my own thoughts and observations. Maybe you should try it sometime.

13 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Listen Genius,  I don't care who they trade with, who the other team is trading for.  I don't care if it's a QB,  Defensive End or a Cockroach. Every draft a Quarterback that is not highly regarded  invariably rises to the top of the draft, mostly because he has become a hot commodity or a team has a real need.  We aren't even sure if all the players that are coming out yet have declared for the draft.  Before the draft where was Trubisky rated.  Probably around 18.  And where did he end up getting drafted.  What amazes me is that you took so much time to scrutinize every aspect of the post,  when it was clear that the point was simply,  Someone will probably be willing to trade up to three,  like we did to get a player they covet.  Don't have to be such an a$$hole.  P.S.  I don't glean ideas from other posts just to make a point.  I use my own thoughts and observations. Maybe you should try it sometime.

Ok I’m sorry. Looking back, you were right. Those were brilliant insights. We should trade up from 3 to 7 and get a 2nd round pick like you said. It’s actually a brilliant idea. I’m surprised no GM or anyone else on this board has thought of this, or anything else in your prior post. It seems like a very simple thing to do, should be no problem since nobody else will be looking to move back.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok I’m sorry. Looking back, you were right. Those were brilliant insights. We should trade up from 3 to 7 and get a 2nd round pick like you said. It’s actually a brilliant idea. I’m surprised no GM or anyone else on this board has thought of this, or anything else in your prior post. It seems like a very simple thing to do, should be no problem since nobody else will be looking to move back.

Sarcastic and Stupid.  That's now two traits that we know you possess.  If we had the 3rd pick and traded for the#7 that would actually be trading back not up.  Actually other people have thought of this, just not you.  By the way who is #14 in green?  Richard Todd?  Figures.  If  you want to fight with someone go talk to your wife.   I'm not interested

57 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sarcastic and Stupid.  That's now two traits that we know you possess.  If we had the 3rd pick and traded for the#7 that would actually be trading back not up.  Actually other people have thought of this, just not you.  By the way who is #14 in green?  Richard Todd?  Figures.  If  you want to fight with someone go talk to your wife.   I'm not interested

And yet you continue to quote me and argue... lol. Hope you got everything out of your system. I went a little overboard, and actually do feel bad about it. Let’s just let it go. ?

20 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

And yet you continue to quote me and argue... lol. Hope you got everything out of your system. I went a little overboard, and actually do feel bad about it. Let’s just let it go. ?

That'd be great.  We'll revisit it after the draft.  To disagree is healthy.  To agree on everything is Communism.  Respect

On 12/20/2018 at 1:45 AM, More Cowbell said:

I'd say it sounds like a good chance for this backup RB to make a name for himself against our bendable D

As a holder of Aaron Jones in dynasty fantasy anything that means Jamaal Williams might take touches from Jones next year is a bad outcome. I hope we hold him to 2 yards a carry.

Archived