Maccagnan is demonstrably horrible

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I wanted Allen I can post threads I started where I salivated over him and got called a retard because he was supposed to be Aaron Maybin  but QW will be really good

The sh*t people were saying about Allen was insane.  It was totally illogical but whatevs.  We're the Jets at the end of the day.  I didnt have a solid #1 choice this year but this is where I ended up:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The sh*t people were saying about Allen was insane.  It was totally illogical but whatevs.  We're the Jets at the end of the day.  I didnt have a solid #1 choice this year but this is where I ended up:

Allen got absolutely annihilated on this messageboard pre-draft

Now the same posters are screaming that QW is worse than DRob

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I wanted Allen I can post threads I started where I salivated over him and got called a retard because he was supposed to be Aaron Maybin  but QW will be really good

YEah, I wanted Josh Allen too.  That he was the better pick.  And then there is that third round pick of 2019 that is OUT of the NFL already.  Good times.

WAIT!  We are talking about two totally different Josh Allen's here.  I am talking about the the LB, so yeah, never mind, we disagree on that one too.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Quinnen Williams over Josh Allen will be another haunting pick by the Mac Daddy.

Josh Allen in week 3 already has like 10+ tackles, 2 sacks, 5 QB hits, 3 TFL, 1 FF 

BIG MAC BABY!!!!

I was totally baffled by how much defense the Quinnen pick got around here at the time it was made, going well beyond even the usual Macpologists.  I've got nothing against Quinnen himself, but I completely despised everything about the pick, and every single reason why has already started to come to fruition.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I was totally baffled by how much defense the Quinnen pick got around here at the time it was made, going well beyond even the usual Macpologists.  I've got nothing against Quinnen himself, but I completely despised everything about the pick, and every single reason why has already started to come to fruition.

The amazing thing is how Mac got another draft to mess up.  This team does the dumbest things from the field to the fans in the stands with the crappy in game experience and joke of a rewards program.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

The amazing thing is how Mac got another draft to mess up.  This team does the dumbest things from the field to the fans in the stands with the crappy in game experience and joke of a rewards program.   

Fake fan!!! No loyalty!!!

• Haha 2

On 9/25/2019 at 1:36 PM, FlagmanL11 said:

No, no, it was actually genius! Chris is genius for waiting to get rid of him! It's way smarter than firing him after the season like everyone else!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jetsyrup said:

No, no, it was actually genius! Chris is genius for waiting to get rid of him! It's way smarter than firing him after the season like everyone else!

Chris extended Mac and Bowles a year before they were fired.  He and his brother were all in on these clowns, despite what everyone else saw.

Bowles then coached his way out of a job and into several years of guaranteed salary.  Mac still had a job because of Darnold but despite Shepherd, Stewart, Hanson, Donahue and others.   He helped hire Gase.  

Gase experienced the nightmare during free agency, and then justifiably revolted during the draft.   It was clear that the Jets were a mess.   At that point CJ realized that Mac needed to be replaced, and at the same time Douglas and his staff were available.  Whether contractually or morally, Douglas was not going to leave the Eagles before the Draft.

The Bills are better than the Jets now because Pegula got his act together before CJ did.   Pegula did not let Whaley draft before he was fired after the draft.  They used his reports and McDermott made the picks.  CJ needed to allow Gase to be part of the FA and draft process more.  

Now we have a cut back RB running behind a line built for Man blocking, an overweight first round pick and cut third round pick when players picked after them are excelling.  And a fourth round pick that does not play despite a TE that is suspended.  

Tragically, the timing of Mac's firing was unfortunately not going to change.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Welp said:

Drafted Nathan Shepherd over this guy

And you wonder why our OL is terrible

In back to back drafts Mac passes on Cam Robinson and Orlando Brown for a glorified Jim Leonhard and a scrub DT who was 26 playing for Fort Hays State who he admitted he never even saw play

Robinson and Brown woulda been our bookend OTs next 10 years.  Oh well

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ljr said:

Mac s*cked

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And so does Douglas

The sh-tfest isn’t ending until Woody goes a brain and hires Harbaugh or McCarthy to have absolute control over everything 

Jets fans are wasting the next three years watching Gase and Douglas ruin Sam Darnold 

The f-cking Knicks are in better shape than the Jets

If you posted in this thread before Macc was fired, you are guilty of fake fandom and being a Negative Nancy about the Jets.

If you are posting in this thread now, you are guilty of stating the obvious and cruelty to animals (beating a dead horse).

You see, it’s never the right time to criticize the Jets according to the messageboard marms.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And so does Douglas

The sh-tfest isn’t ending until Woody goes a brain and hires Harbaugh or McCarthy to have absolute control over everything 

Jets fans are wasting the next three years watching Gase and Douglas ruin Sam Darnold 

The f-cking Knicks are in better shape than the Jets

The Detroit Lions and Matthew Stafford are the Ghost of Christmas Future for the Jets and Sam Darnold. 

18 hours ago, varjet said:

Chris extended Mac and Bowles a year before they were fired.  He and his brother were all in on these clowns, despite what everyone else saw.

Bowles then coached his way out of a job and into several years of guaranteed salary.  Mac still had a job because of Darnold but despite Shepherd, Stewart, Hanson, Donahue and others.   He helped hire Gase.  

Gase experienced the nightmare during free agency, and then justifiably revolted during the draft.   It was clear that the Jets were a mess.   At that point CJ realized that Mac needed to be replaced, and at the same time Douglas and his staff were available.  Whether contractually or morally, Douglas was not going to leave the Eagles before the Draft.

The Bills are better than the Jets now because Pegula got his act together before CJ did.   Pegula did not let Whaley draft before he was fired after the draft.  They used his reports and McDermott made the picks.  CJ needed to allow Gase to be part of the FA and draft process more.  

Now we have a cut back RB running behind a line built for Man blocking, an overweight first round pick and cut third round pick when players picked after them are excelling.  And a fourth round pick that does not play despite a TE that is suspended.  

Tragically, the timing of Mac's firing was unfortunately not going to change.  

So, Douglas is not considered if he is not going to leave.  (And i do not believe that with arm twisting he would not have left.)

Douglas is not interested?  Move on to the next candidate.

There is no good reason to have kept mac around when bowles was fired.  Zero.  And we are paying the price now with yet another sh*tty draft to deal with and another two or three years of none compete excuses because of the bad previous gm.

The CEO badly screwed up, very badly.

• Post of the Week 1