Josh Gordon, NE...

Jet Nut

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sorry, no sympathy for a millionaire athlete that can't stay away from the weed. My son in law almost died a month ago, lost his job, has 3 children, f*ck Josh Gordon! could give a sh*t about the loser azzhole! 

sometimes it is better to remain silent than to show the venom in your life.  I wish you and Josh Gordon all the best and a happy life.  

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m not sure how those two things are related but I hope your son in law gets the help he needs. 

Josh Gordon needs to focus on fixing Josh Gordon. I hope he has the proper support structure to help him do it . 

Oh yeah! F-U Pats!

Actually my Son in Law suffers from Crones & colitis very badly. He's only 36 & has to have treatments & be on some very nasty medications. Use to be a robust 190, now 155 lbs. No fault of his own. I have no sympathy for a guy that had the world in his hand & threw it away, sorry.

And I agree F-U Pats!

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I still have no idea why the NFL feels like it needs to police it's own players for non performance enhancing drugs. Marijuana is legal, in one form or another, almost everywhere (if not legal the police look the other way). Bankers/Judges/Politicians can use as much pot as they want but not an NFL player who gets repeatedly injured throughout the year and many times suffer from mental issues.

If a players gets arrested for illegally using marijuana and you want to suspend him for that, sure, but there is no reason to test for it. 

It is still illegal under federal law.  

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It's in the CBA.

You work for any big company, they have rules, and you have to follow them.  You can work for the NFL, make millions of dollars, and can't do certain illegal activities, which they will test for.  You know it in advance, so if you (the player) can't follow the rules you were informed of, too bad.

Did I say it wasn't in the CBA?

I said the rule, whether in the CBA or not, is a dumb rule to have in any sports league. 

Marijuana should not be illegal and certainly shouldn't earn a player a suspension. 

assuming they knew about the failed test before last Sundays game, kid has talent, no doubt, it's sad for him but f the pats* this will hurt them in playoffs 

I know but why take him out on the last play only especially they had to tie the game?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

sometimes it is better to remain silent than to show the venom in your life.  I wish you and Josh Gordon all the best and a happy life.  

Yea whatever. There are people trying to put food on the table for their children. They slog to work everyday, maybe cleaning other peoples sh*t out of toilets. This guy had the world by the balls but he can't put down the weed? 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Actually my Son in Law suffers from Crones & colitis very badly. He's only 36 & has to have treatments & be on some very nasty medications. Use to be a robust 190, now 155 lbs. No fault of his own. I have no sympathy for a guy that had the world in his hand & threw it away, sorry.

And I agree F-U Pats!

If he is self medicating a mental illness then there is not much difference btwn him and ur son in law.  One is a disease of the body, the other a disease of the mind.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yea whatever. There are people trying to put food on the table for their children. They slog to work everyday, maybe cleaning other peoples sh*t out of toilets. This guy had the world by the balls but he can't put down the weed? 

I sure hope your holidays aren't as bitter as your posts.  Best to you.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If he is self medicating a mental illness then there is not much difference btwn him and ur son in law.  One is a disease of the body, the other a disease of the mind.

Oh well, it doesn't stop Josh Gordon from saying, "would you like fries with your burger?"

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Did I say it wasn't in the CBA?

I said the rule, whether in the CBA or not, is a dumb rule to have in any sports league. 

Marijuana should not be illegal and certainly shouldn't earn a player a suspension. 

It should not be illegal.   Athletes who want to use should be able to.   I don't disagree.

However, as of right now, it is illegal.   They know they are going to be tested.   Hell, Josh knows he is going to be tested every 15 minutes.   That is the rules if you want to be employed by the NFL.   Every player knows it, so don't break the rules and then complain you disagree with them.  If I go to work for a big company and they are going to pay me great money, and they say I have to wear a suit every day, and I can never drink alcohal, well then, I'm going clothes shopping, and I'm cleaning out my pantry.

27 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I'm extremely sympathetic to drug abuse and mental health issues...

But for Christ sake ITS F*CKING POT!!!!!!!!!?

I've known some really dedicated pot heads in my day and if you handed any of them a 10 year career worth 10s of millions of dollars, they would probably give it up! 

first you'd have to give them the skill acumen it takes to HAVE a 10yr 10s of millions career... ie- be God ( or the randomness of the universe, whichever you prefer) 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Josh Gordons "mental issues" are as horrible as you guys are making them out to be, maybe the pressure of competing in the NFL isn't a great idea to get your life back on track?

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

And I agree F-U Pats!

That’s a very difficult condition. I hope he gets it under control.

Yes, F-the-Pats 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are marijuna stores across the country. There are doctors prescribing pot across the country.

So the only people enforcing the federal law is  the NFL? Makes plenty of sense. 

He can smoke legally, or he can work for the NFL.

At this time, he is not allowed to do both.   He made his choice.

Two things that are sorta crazy about this:

1.   The NFL still thinks that pot smoking is so bad that it has to ban people for it; and

2.  Gordon couldn't keep off it for another year or two until he made some money and was ready to retire.  I didn't realize that pot was that addictive.

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, i think it's too bad, overall, about Josh...  but its no tragedy.

chemical dependency is a drag...

I quit smoking cigarettes for my own health & well being, this guy chose pot over a 10 million dollar pay day, come on man.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Two things that are sorta crazy about this:

1.   The NFL still thinks that pot smoking is so bad that it has to ban people for it; and

2.  Gordon couldn't keep off it for another year or two until he made some money and was ready to retire.  I didn't realize that pot was that addictive.

Pot is not inherently addictive like pain pills are but people with addictive personalities will latch on to anything. I'd have to imagine the two biggest sticking points for the next CBA will be drug tests and guaranteed contracts.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Pot is not inherently addictive like pain pills are but people with addictive personalities will latch on to anything. I'd have to imagine the two biggest sticking points for the next CBA will be drug tests and guaranteed contracts.

I'm not a pot-smoker but I do think it shouldn't be in the same category as heroin and cocaine.  It will be interesting to see if the league modifies its position on this.

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

I'm not a pot-smoker but I do think it shouldn't be in the same category as heroin and cocaine.  It will be interesting to see if the league modifies its position on this.

I think they are going to have to change their view because the competing leagues are going to allow it to make their leagues more of a "players league". I think the strongest argument for allowing it is the pain pill epidemic that our country as a whole is facing. The taboo against weed is such a ridiculous notion that was developed to line the pockets of politicians and lobbyists. 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are marijuna stores across the country. There are doctors prescribing pot across the country.

So the only people enforcing the federal law is  the NFL? Makes plenty of sense. 

Nope.  In fact, Sessions rescinded the Cole Memo which basically said they were not going to prioritize marijuana prosecutions.  They are fairly strict about interstate commerce and with teams playing in states that allow it vs. strict against it, it can cause issues.  It also may prevent players from choosing teams based upon where weed is legal.  If you get your news from SNL, you might think it is 100% legal.  It is not. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Sorry, no sympathy for a millionaire athlete that can't stay away from the weed. My son in law almost died a month ago, lost his job, has 3 children, f*ck Josh Gordon! could give a sh*t about the loser azzhole! 

So what does the fact that your SIL is going his problems have to do with missing the point here?  

28 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He can smoke legally, or he can work for the NFL.

At this time, he is not allowed to do both.   He made his choice.

I never said he made a smart decision. I am just saying the policy is dumb. Gordon is equally dumb/troubled for breaking the rule and costing himself a career in the NFL. 

42 minutes ago, Jetster said:

And I agree F-U Pats!

And if his addiction is the result of mental issues, not bs but issues?  They don't count as your SILs medical issues seem to contribute to his addiction?  Guessing no, the FU Pat's is childish in this instance

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what does the fact that your SIL is going his problems have to do with missing the point here?  

Because he worked his azz off, is a great father, and now is having hard times through no fault of his own. Then you have Josh Gordon who had the world by the balls, and he threw it all away so he could smoke pot & there are people on here, oh, poor Josh, WTF? Perspective people. Sorry, I'm a scion of the greatest generation, worked my azz off for what I have & I don't have any sympathy for someone who would throw it all away to smoke pot. Just stupid in my eyes.

Archived