Jets - Packers --- The Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Damn, again! Defense not on the same page 

Leo is picking up tho 

Are you really giving us commentary on a game that you are watching on delay when we already have 41 pages?  

3 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Darnold had a great game.

a loss erases any notion Bowles should stay and maintains our draft position.

I’m cool with a packers TD here 

Well the play calling on the last drive was terrible. It was a microcosm of Bowles and Bates. The calls were just terrible and fooled no one. The whole game they kept the Packs D off balance and kept them guessing and when it counted they reverted to their usual conservative crap and it cost them the game and should cost them their jobs. No way should any of them be retained.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Please explain something to me.................I had a house full of neighbors and friends and couldn't focus. 

in the 4th quarter we had a chance to finish the game and we didn't the play calling was horrendous why wouldn't we attempt to get the 1st down and kill some clock and ice the game. 

Congrats to the NY Jets players who played lights out today we have a bright future here with the right HC. 

FIRE TODD BOWLES.

I haven’t been this excited in 35 years.....  Darnold looks legit. 

While I am pretty much OK with them losing the game, I have to say the two PI calls against them late in the game were total BS. If I remember, on Adams in the end zone and Skrines (?) over the middle: how is a DB supposed to defend a pass now? In neither case where they holding any part of the receiver when they tried to reach for the ball. Adams was reaching over the TE Olsen who was boxing him out, and the other DB was reaching over the guy's shoulder over the middle WITHOUT holding onto him or tugging at him with the other. There was also a hands to the face penalty that seemed a bit ticky tacky.

I have no problem with Bowles departing after next Sunday, but I do understand why he is pissed off and lightened  his own wallet by talking about it after the game.

Just watched the game I had to dvr it but didn’t know the score. I didn’t expect us to beat Rodgers. Sam played well but couldn’t match him and nobody really expected him to. But again the story was defense especially the secondary. And all that PI calls. The refs called everything but guys like Skreen basically can’t cover without holding. I liked the fake punt call the basic idea was not to give the ball back to Rodgers. But then they got conservative and gave Rodgers the ball back with 3 min and we know the rest. Good effort and there was good play calling earlier in the game and we threw effectively on first downs. I won’t say like last week we should have won the game but we could have won the game. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Lol here we go 

Didn't get a good look at what Leo did but you can't throw a punch 

Then Jamal gets out worked by Jamal 

Wonderful 

Never truly understood throwing a punch when someone has a helmet on.  Doesn't that do more damage to your hand rather to the guy's head.

1 minute ago, Mark78 said:

Never truly understood throwing a punch when someone has a helmet on.  Doesn't that do more damage to your hand rather to the guy's head.

Right? Especially in the NFL you can get him back on the next play 

The officiating in the NFL is putrid period, but in this game it reached new lows in inconsistency and phantom calls.  I still can’t figure out what PI is.  It appears it just depends on the official making the call.  The Jets are justifiably a heavily penalized team but those PI calls in OT we’re not even borderline; they were fantasies.  I still am trying to figure how a “defenseless player” call can be made when a punt returner doesn’t signal a fair catch.  What is this, the CFL with its “no yards” infraction?  Of course, the Jets have to be criticized for the conservative playcalling when they got to the GB 15 in regulation and settling for a FG and OT.  But 172 yards in penalty calls even against this team is just ridiculous.  It says the refs are anticipating calls based on past experience rather than just calling the game as it happens.  It was disgusting to watch.  It needs to be fixed. 

8 hours ago, BigO said:

Just stop your tirade. I could care less what positives Mac accounted for. He’s ruined this team and hasn’t done squat in the 4 years as GM. In fact, he’s set us back. Even Idzik did ‘some’ good things. Big fckn deal he put a few pieces in place. How could you not with all the resources at his disposal. Mac is an absolute BUM wAy way way way over his head. As a GM, based on a 100 score, I’d rate him at 40%. A total failure. 

What do you not understand about the several times I emphasized that I (ME, NOT YOU) choose to acknowledge when he makes what I think is a good pick. You hate the bum, that's fine! I never told you not to. You don't think Herndon is a good pick? That's fine too, dude. 

Once again, I'll try to be as clear as possible...

I (ME, NOT YOU) feel this way about the TE he selected this year. I am not telling you to feel that way nor am I telling you that you need to give him credit for a damn thing. You're entitled to think whatever you want about him or anything else. 

I ha2ve no issue with how you feel about him. If I seemed like I was telling you that how you feel is wrong than I apologize - Not my intention. For what it's worth, I dont want the guy back either. I dont think I hate him with the same passion that you do lol, but I think he's done a bad job and I would like to see someone better in his ff. My point in the original post is that acknowledging what I feel are good picks, like Herndon, is something I try to do to stay objective.

Have a happy holiday. 

36 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

What do you not understand about the several times I emphasized that I (ME, NOT YOU) choose to acknowledge when he makes what I think is a good pick. You hate the bum, that's fine! I never told you not to. You don't think Herndon is a good pick? That's fine too, dude. 

Once again, I'll try to be as clear as possible...

I (ME, NOT YOU) feel this way about the TE he selected this year. I am not telling you to feel that way nor am I telling you that you need to give him credit for a damn thing. You're entitled to think whatever you want about him or anything else. 

I ha2ve no issue with how you feel about him. If I seemed like I was telling you that how you feel is wrong than I apologize - Not my intention. For what it's worth, I dont want the guy back either. I dont think I hate him with the same passion that you do lol, but I think he's done a bad job and I would like to see someone better in his ff. My point in the original post is that acknowledging what I feel are good picks, like Herndon, is something I try to do to stay objective.

Have a happy holiday. 

Okie dokie

Herndon was a great pick. Mac’s best move IMO. I knew he would be a beast. Saw him play many times for the Canes and he’s going to get better. Thx Mac. Say hi to Idzik.

Archived